It's pretty obvious Muse have chosen to keep a somewhat low profile so far. It's just a different choice. Maybe this time they feel the music is strong enough to market itself once it's out.

Don't get why you felt the need to point this out.

Fair enough, I just noticed bands with release dates in late May and thought it odd that Muse have been so quiet.

I felt the need to because if I didn't say so...you or some other forum user would write some dick comment about how said band is crap and start another unrelated debate.

I felt the need to because if I didn't say so...you or some other forum user would write some dick comment about how said band is crap and start another unrelated debate.

Wow.

Does Muse really need promotion? I mean if you are into real music you know Muse

"Real music".

Does Muse really need promotion? I mean if you are into real music you know Muse, it's not like Royal Blood or anyone new. They've been headlining festivals for the last 10 years, they did stadium tours,song for Olympics, all that is the true promotion.

>real music

sigh.

Muse are a fantastic band, but even mega-popular artists like Lady Gaga still have record flops like ARTPOP. Sure it hits #1 on charts but no band wants a commercial flop. Muse have a good foundation going for them of course, but I really think that they need to sell their fanbase on the idea of this record being raw as all hell, unless the proof really is in the pudding on this record, meaning it has to be raw as all hell to sell itself. As many have said before, headlining all of these br00tal festivals this summer surely has to have some legitimate reasoning behind it all. Problem is Muse haven't really or properly sold this 'return to form' idea yet.

They didn't headline many festivals and had less mainstream promotion last era and their attendance rates showed accordingly. "Real music".

Do you enjoy this?

Greentext hits home like nothing else when I see a dense comment. Part of a toolbox of varying degrees of expression, if you will.

A bit sad.

Like most of the posts here. Anyways, I'm getting tired of seeing that one SEKDEK image float about. It was uploaded Feb 13th and the shoot was on the 15th, which none of the fan-twitters or any site have been able to notice. I told the Muse I-want-the-truth fr one but who knows until this info actually gets noticed.

I mean playing massive stadium shows and headlining festivals is more promotion than anything else. First time i saw Muse on spanish tv was at the news after their stadium show here.

But obviously they need fans to fill up these stadiums. I mean in Europe they're more secure but in North America where they were slower in popularity their audiences dwindled as soon as they stopped spamming their single everywhere.