I find Anthony Fantano's YT page entertaining and educational when it comes to new music.

Problem is that he ignores 90% of the releases (at least reviewing). Which means he is limited to his own fuckin favourites.

Problem is that he ignores 90% of the releases (at least reviewing). Which means he is limited to his own fuckin favourites.

No, he reviews music that has an audience. He's open to suggestions and things. I don't think he's the all-knowing Fantano lord music guru that many take him for, but his approach to reviews are at least thought out and "honest" rather than some of the trash you'd see at Pitchfork.

No, he reviews music that has an audience. He's open to suggestions and things. I don't think he's the all-knowing Fantano lord music guru that many take him for, but his approach to reviews are at least thought out and "honest" rather than some of the trash you'd see at Pitchfork.

Well, he skips reviewing very important releases most of the time which would have big audience as well. But you basically imply Fantano is a sell-out which makes sense in this way.

Well, he skips reviewing very important releases most of the time which would have big audience as well. But you basically imply Fantano is a sell-out which makes sense in this way.

You seem like you have a grudge against the guy. I wouldn't go so far to call him a sell-out, it's just marketing strategy. He asks for album suggestions to review, views some, ignores some. I dunno. Whatever he's doing works for him, though I have noticed he isn't super punctual with release date timing as you said.

You seem like you have a grudge against the guy. I wouldn't go so far to call him a sell-out, it's just marketing strategy. He asks for album suggestions to review, views some, ignores some. I dunno. Whatever he's doing works for him, though I have noticed he isn't super punctual with release date timing as you said.

Not really have a grudge against him. I watch his videos, just highlighted this fact.

And he thought Hidden XS is boring, outrageous.:mad:

I've never seen the point of reviews of albums as music as it's so down to taste, at the end of the day if you think you may like an album listen to it on the web or watch some live performances. I have a rule of three, if I can find three songs from one album I will then buy the album, this does mean that sometimes I'm let down by albums that actually only have three good songs but often I'm surprised :D

In regards to hearing about albums in the first place me and my friends, have a game where we have to recommend one album/band every week on a Friday so we can listen to all the bands over the weekend. It works really well but you either need a big group or for you to all have similar tastes in music