:vomit:What the hell is that

Arctic Monkeys tone?

I'm not entirely sure. Previous owner probably didn't have particularly clean hands... that's at least the third attempt as I said, but it's still not completely gone. Can't remove all of it unless I use something sharp (trying to avoid that) or have the frets pulled... but that's completely unnecessary, unless it becomes a health hazard at some point :stunned:

...I don't know how to react to that :twitchy::vomit:

Possible reaction:

zGHQb4O.gif

Seems about right.

Saw this on the twitters http://www.musicradar.com/news/namm-2018-harmonic-hendrix-home-guitars-are-built-out-of-wood-salvaged-from-jimis-childhood-home

“The neck is composed of floorboards”... they’ve used Gibson’s idea :ohmy:

Well technically Gibson used skateboard ramp material, and this is made of actual wood.

I don't know. The guitar itself aside, it seems greedy as hell... and they don't mention if it's even the same wood that was there when they bought the house. Could have been changed long after he moved out.

and notice how it says "Part of the proceeds from sales of the guitars will go to the Jimi Hendrix Park Foundation."

Is it just me or is there something strangely satisfying about seeing one of your guitars looking all brand new again when you've given it a proper clean down? The body doesn't really look any different, but the combination of clean frets, new strings, and freshly oiled fretboard makes it all look so much nicer somehow. It's crazy how dirty those frets get sometimes without you really realising. I got myself some of those Elixir strings people were recommending me a month or so ago when I was asking about them in here anyway, and just got them all set up on my MB-1. They look nice and feel nice, so I'll have to see how they sound this afternoon. I think it's also the first time in 10 years of playing guitar that I've managed to change the strings and have all of them looking nice and tidy around the machine heads, haha! There's normally one or two that I fuck up somewhere along the line, but it's nice to know I've finally managed to do something so basic correctly! :LOL:

Is it just me or is there something strangely satisfying about seeing one of your guitars looking all brand new again when you've given it a proper clean down? The body doesn't really look any different, but the combination of clean frets, new strings, and freshly oiled fretboard makes it all look so much nicer somehow. It's crazy how dirty those frets get sometimes without you really realising. I got myself some of those Elixir strings people were recommending me a month or so ago when I was asking about them in here anyway, and just got them all set up on my MB-1. They look nice and feel nice, so I'll have to see how they sound this afternoon. I think it's also the first time in 10 years of playing guitar that I've managed to change the strings and have all of them looking nice and tidy around the machine heads, haha! There's normally one or two that I fuck up somewhere along the line, but it's nice to know I've finally managed to do something so basic correctly! :LOL:

:eek: Mate. You have no idea.

About which bit? :chuckle:

The new strings are taking a bit of getting used to. They seem a bit quieter than I'm used to, which I guess is the coating, and they definitely have a bit less attack to them. I actually pick the strings quite gently a lot of the time, so I found I had to play a bit firmer to get the same kind of effect, and it was difficult to find the balance of my usual sound with things like reverb and pickup choice and so on. Having said that, on the few times I got it right, they sounded awesome, so I'll just have to experiment a bit to get used to the new sound. Nice though, just different obviously.

I think I also talked to you about them:LOL:glad try feel good for you! I love them a ton, finally broke one recently.

About which bit? :chuckle:

The part about a properly maintained guitar. I bought some music nomad stuff recently, and have been using it on everything.

I usually avoided using chemicals, but there's a pretty noticeable difference.

J4tPIly.jpg

Still need to try the one for the matt(e) finishes though.

Also, I've heard of factory seconds, but how does this actually happen? Or is it part of a new series that we're yet to hear about?

https://eddiesguitars.com/electric-guitars/electric-guitar-brands/fender-electric-guitars/fender-american-professional-stratocaster-antique-olive-6513

This is the guy that sells parts from brand new guitars he's just pulled apart? Seems like he had a neck and a body that he couldn't shift on its own and made a new guitar. I'm highly dubious that this could get out the factory like that.

Not sure - I only really know of one, but they mainly seem to operate on eBay and reverb.

But yeah, even if it is a "factory mistake" it's priced a bit high too. You wouldn't be able to sell something like that either, as everyone will just think it's a bunch of parts thrown together

..Which is what it likely is

The part about a properly maintained guitar.

Haha, well as I can count my guitars on one hand with plenty of room to spare, I don't do it that often, haha! Maybe a few times a year between them? I imagine it might be different for you, haha!

Also, I played citizen erased on a 7 string for the first time today, and it really hasn’t helped the CE-7 gas.

Did you play it in AADDGBE tuning?

Haha, well as I can count my guitars on one hand with plenty of room to spare, I don't do it that often, haha! Maybe a few times a year between them? I imagine it might be different for you, haha!

But shouldn't you be doing it more often, considering you won't be able to switch to other guitars?

I'm sure someday you'll have more than the number possible to count on one hand. It's my responsibility/duty.

But shouldn't you be doing it more often, considering you won't be able to switch to other guitars?

Well, I only really have time to play at all once a week these days, so I tend to put off changing strings and so on until I really have to. Then I usually clean the guitar down properly at the same time.

Out of curiosity, how highly is QOTSA's new stuff rated these days? I had a bit of a clearout of my music library a while back and ended up just making a custom album of 2/3 Songs For The Deaf and 1/3 Lullabies To Paralyse and then just deleting everything else. I didn't mind Like Clockwork for a while but ultimately decided that I never really felt like listening to it either. I'll admit I haven't heard anything from their latest album though. so I don't really know what they're up to anymore. I just feel like that Songs For The Deaf era is sort of how I define their music in my mind, and if I feel like listening to them, that's what I go for.