Okay cheers.

The problem is, I kind of spend a lot of time retuning my guitars (for example when playing Biffy, I keep switching between drop D/C#/C), so the Whammy DT also sounds... attractive.

I'm just wondering how much I'll miss the glitchy pitch shifting if I don't have it anymore. Do you use the classic mode a lot?

Also, I wonder how effective this Drop tune function of the DT actually is. On youtube demo's it tracks really well, but I'm afraid that it might disappoint (+ the DT is almost 100 euros more expensive).

Can't decide :(

If you're still interested, the Drop Tune side of the DT is much clearer than the Pitch Shift side in terms of audio quality, as obviously it doesn't need to be able to be shifted around while you're playing. I use it all the time for dropping a semitone down and so on like you said, and for a few other things as well, so I can quickly change tunings between songs if I want to. It definitely doesn't disappoint, though obviously it's never going to be quite as clear as actually retuning the strings. If you really want the glitchy effect, you won't get it with the DT obviously, but personally I don't miss it at all. I was glad to get rid of it to be honest.

Edited by Bs

:awesome:

Great find James, that sounds epic it seems the beginning is played on bass then. Seriously can't wait to see them tomorrow!!!

Quick question for you guys and I need a fairly quick reply, where is the best place to buy a sustainer? Keep in mind I live in the UK :)

How big is the venue you're seeing them at? I don't think I'll have the chance to see them again like I did the past two times. They already seem to be playing much larger places in the US

And I can only tell you to go to Mansons.

Meaning I'm only allowed to tell you to go to Mansons as I have that guerrilla marketing contract with them.

How big is the venue you're seeing them at? I don't think I'll have the chance to see them again like I did the past two times. They already seem to be playing much larger places in the US

And I can only tell you to go to Mansons.

Meaning I'm only allowed to tell you to go to Mansons as I have that guerrilla marketing contract with them.

The venue is Portsmouth guildhall which has great acoustics and holds about 2500 people. I've seen them before in much smaller venues though so it's cool to be seeing them somewhere bigger :D

And Manson's basically told me that they can fit one in my guitar, so I guess that means they won't sell me one :( I can't imagine why!

The venue is Portsmouth guildhall which has great acoustics and holds about 2500 people. I've seen them before in much smaller venues though so it's cool to be seeing them somewhere bigger :D

And Manson's basically told me that they can fit one in my guitar, so I guess that means they won't sell me one :( I can't imagine why!

Yeah true. Last one I saw them at held 550 people, and the one before that was 250.

And did you ask them to fit one to your guitar? They have them listed on their website, but it's out of stock, so I'm not sure.

Yeah true. Last one I saw them at held 550 people, and the one before that was 250.

And did you ask them to fit one to your guitar? They have them listed on their website, but it's out of stock, so I'm not sure.

Nope I plan on fitting one myself due to financial constraints. They were more than happy to fit one just not for a price that would make me happy :LOL:

I'm thinking I will buy one from musicians friend and have it shipped across :(

Think I got some valves off them a few years back, no problems

There is a UK phone number on the website, might be worth checking it actually is in stock

:)

Cool that sounds like a plan :) I'll ring them later and see if they have it

Well? :ninja:

Also, did he use his Manson bass?

They were simply epic, the crowd was arguably better last time I saw them in Brighton but musically the gig was far better last night. One trick pony is massive live and was one of the highlights of the night, 20th century boy was also great as was you want me.

A couple of things I did notice, the fenders seem to be used for more songs than when I saw them last time, I think hole is now played half a step down and sounds even better for it, Cruel, Blood hands, Ten ton skeleton, Out of the black and Blood hands now all have outros whereas last time them I saw them only Cruel did. They also improvised a bit more than when I saw them last time which was cool.

The illusive Manson still did not make an appearance and one trick pony is played on the burst Gretsch and slide bass sounds awesome!!!

All in all it was a great night and they once again blew me away. I'll add some more thoughts later, as well as my bit on the support act but unfortunately I must get back to work for now :)

nice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQJKzWUH3IM

crowd looks good to me... but then what do I know :ninja:

The first one I went to was pretty... active, but the second one really wasn't at all. Did you get a spot at the front?

Yeah the crowd was really good yesterday properly lively but Brighton was mind blowing I have never been in a crowd like that before and I doubt I ever will again, literally everyone was jumping, crowd surfing and everyone knew all the words! But yeah yesterday was still epic!

I was up top seated yesterday as Portsmouth guildhall is the hottest place known to man so I decided to grab front row seats up top this time :)

Hey Niel... what do you make of this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XaV-XpgnEU

that, to me, is blasphemous.

this, however, is not.

2l9h0f4.jpg

building a pedal for someone at the moment. has to be designed, built and tested by the 6th of april. easiest way to explain it would be to imagine a super-duper 2-in-1, but with a tube, where each gain stage is based on a proper tube amp. Only question now is, which amp to use. I've narrowed it down to a 1963 JTM, a 1970s Twin Reverb, or the old favorite 1484.

Now, think of this from my point of view. He plays a 1990 Marshall (fucked if i know. It's a big amp head and it's black), and he plays a sort of bluesy-rock style, through a 72 Tele with original pups. so out of those 3 amps, which would you cheeky chappies suggest i base this off?

1990 marshall? If that's the case, it would probably be a JCM 900 of some sort

I'm not sure if I'd base it off the 1484 or JTM 45. I would not do the twin reverb though, as those are really clean sounding amps, and if he wants that raunchy blues tone... the twin probably isn't the best choice

I would say JTM 45 as you've done the 1484 before, but... it's more of a 60's/70's rock sound, rather than a more bluesy tone like a 1484

Basically

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFWQr8O6BJE

OR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZL4-JMx-qWk

See, I know he HAD a pair of fender devilles before, that they used to face each other with a mic in the middle for sustain lels. He said it "gave more sustain out of an amp than he's ever come across." He's very familiar with the sound and feel of a driven fender, which made me consider that.

Thing is, the more I start working on this, I'm not sure how much it's going to sound like these amps. It won't have a tone stack, so most of the characteristics of the pedal is going to come from the gain stage. The closest to it as is, is the 1484, because the tubes in that and the tubes I'm using are supposedly VERY similar, even down to the voltages supplied.

It's still going to be a boost/drive pedal. So once each gain control gets beyond 50%, it's going to start to clip and sound driven. If something like a fender sounds excellent driven for blues, it could still be an option.

What about something like Selmer/Vox/Matchless? Should I steer clear?

I'm only really familiar with vox, but I'd go for something a bit more fender voiced.

Maybe check out the fender super reverb. I know stevie ray vaughan used one of those (but then he also used a dumblol, so...)

and that's interesting about the two fender hot rods and the mic'ing. I always wondered what that did exactly - Josh Homme used to do something like that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8RYncT6IH8

Yeah when he was telling me about it he said "you could play a note, head out for lunch, make a cup of tea, come back, and it would still be ringing away."

Maybe in due course I'll tell you who it is. For now (and this is speaking to you as a mod by the way), even if you figure out who it is, I'd prefer if it could be kept off the public side if the board for the time being. Is that ok?