Speculation: Could Muse play Showbiz live on this upcoming tour?

Citizen_Eraser

Based on zero evidence, I just know that this is one fan favorite that hasn't been brought back around yet where alot of others have seen some light the last two tours (more-so the last tour). While others are begging to see Showbiz again. Surely Muse knows this?

Is Matt able to hit that high falsetto comfortable enough for this song? It has strong falsetto in 2/3 of the choruses and of course the big one at the end.

Edited by Citizen_Eraser

It has strong falsetto in 2/3 of the choruses.

It does?

Anyway, Matt showed that he could hit the note back in 2012, and used a more yelling technique to hit sustained higher notes later on. But of course that will already be 3 years ago once they start touring again,

But he could just lower the note to an F#5 and play it without that much difficulty.

It does?

Anyway, Matt showed that he could hit the note back in 2012, and used a more yelling technique to hit sustained higher notes later on. But of course that will already be 3 years ago once they start touring again,

But he could just lower the note to an F#5 and play it without that much difficulty.

Actually on re-listen the two chorus ones arent too strong, but the last one well...yeah. And yeah I'm aware of all this. I know he can hit it but how comfortably. Look how the ending to Survival went over live, always dropped down a bit. So thats probably to be expected if they tried Showbiz.

Actually on re-listen the two chorus ones arent too strong, but the last one well...yeah. And yeah I'm aware of all this. I know he can hit it but how comfortably. Look how the ending to Survival went over live, always dropped down a bit. So thats probably to be expected if they tried Showbiz.

Yeah it was a rhetorical question.

I'm not sure you are. Matt DID do the Survival ending properly on a number of occasions before dropping it. And since Showbiz probably wouldn't play Showbiz as a regular if it was brought back, he would definitely have been able to do it back then.

The point is that we don't know because we don't know how Matt's voice is changing until we actually hear it. I think the next album will tell us if he's still able to do it.

Yeah it was a rhetorical question.

I'm not sure you are. Matt DID do the Survival ending properly on a number of occasions before dropping it. And since Showbiz probably wouldn't play Showbiz as a regular if it was brought back, he would definitely have been able to do it back then.

The point is that we don't know because we don't know how Matt's voice is changing until we actually hear it. I think the next album will tell us if he's still able to do it.

Maybe not, the next album might not feature any falsetto for all we know. Wouldn't mean for sure that he isn't capable. Just that they chose not to use it. Like I said we have zero evidence I just know alot of people might want this to happen. Maybe they'll see this thread lol. That was the point.

Well of course I'm aware that Matt might suddenly decide to not bother with pushing his limits, but considering the latest album+tour, along with the fact that this album is gonna be heavy rock, I'm willing to bet that he's gonna try some metal screaming, both falsetto and "full" voice.

Not to mention that every album except Absolution has featured falsetto G5s or above.

Well of course I'm aware that Matt might suddenly decide to not bother with pushing his limits, but considering the latest album+tour, along with the fact that this album is gonna be heavy rock, I'm willing to bet that he's gonna try some metal screaming, both falsetto and "full" voice.

Not to mention that every album except Absolution has featured falsetto G5s or above.

I know nothing about vocals but I'm seriously hoping for some more screaming especially after last tour as some of the random screams were mind blowing!!!

Have you got any links to the versions of survival where he actually hits the final note? Thanks :D

I know nothing about vocals but I'm seriously hoping for some more screaming especially after last tour as some of the random screams were mind blowing!!!

Have you got any links to the versions of survival where he actually hits the final note? Thanks :D

Wow!!! That first one especially! Shame it's not always sung like that but it is understandable, do you think it's something he does consciencely or is it just a naturall thing, wouldn't be the first time he had changed something musically to make it easier, like how the opening riff to hysteria has changed to something much easier to play than the studio version. It seems Matt does sometimes have some lazy tendencies :LOL:

Wow!!! That first one especially! Shame it's not always sung like that but it is understandable, do you think it's something he does consciencely or is it just a naturall thing, wouldn't be the first time he had changed something musically to make it easier, like how the opening riff to hysteria has changed to something much easier to play than the studio version. It seems Matt does sometimes have some lazy tendencies :LOL:
Consciously definitely. The last album was very vocally demanding, and he would have never been able to keep it up for the entire tour. So he dropped some stuff here and there as the tour went on and he started to get more and more worn out (The second A4 in Madness, the G#5 in Survival, the ending of Follow Me from the beginning basically).

The opening riff has changed?

Consciously definitely. The last album was very vocally demanding, and he would have never been able to keep it up for the entire tour. So he dropped some stuff here and there as the tour went on and he started to get more and more worn out (The second A4 in Madness, the G#5 in Survival, the ending of Follow Me from the beginning basically).

The opening riff has changed?

It's interesting to see how singing songs over and over takes its toll, I always find ACL a bit of an anomaly from last tour though as there were some epic vocals that night especially Stockholm syndrome although everything post SS on that set sounded terrible after the screaming. It's like he just really went for it that night with no thinking of how it would affect his voice!!

Yeah hysteria has changed, it's the same notes but the bends are played quicker and aren't as extreme. Its fundamentally easier as playing same notes quicker but in the same overall duration makes it easier to play as you have more time to move your fingers between bends but unfortunately this leads to the riff sounding a bit rubbish hence hysteria being a shadow of its former self :( I wish he would go back to playing it on a whammy as well as this makes its easier to extend to bends :D

Should add I'm on about the main riff Matt plays not the opening riff played on bass, your probably aware this is what I mean but it's easy to get the wrong end of the stick on forums. Especially when I'm involved :D

Not necessarily changed. It's more that he times the bend-part of the riff (that repeats the whole time) a bit different and overall plays it a bit less smooth than the original. I agree it does sound a bit lazy.

Also I think he should add a bit more gain to his guitar tone to really get that fat distortion like on the record. But that's just my personal taste.

edit: oh just saw Witz already responded.

Also I don't think he ever played that riff live using a whammy (assuming you mean the pedal).