Really considering getting another cort mbc-1 (sold one) putting gotoh 510 bridge and tuners, sustainer, black custom hardware and order a custom neck. Would that then be exact same as Bellamys? I just prefer the shape of the mbc1 over the Evos. Either that or get a dr-1 ans get it all matt black. Not sure what would be cheaper. Custom necks are £400.

I've seen them refinish MBC-1 necks before, but they might not do that anymore.

Or I could be hipster and learn to play opposite handed like nerd herd does.

I haven't got a jazzmaster yet so I'm not full hipster :nerd:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/122997460229?_trksid=p2471758.m4704

Nice!

I've seen them refinish MBC-1 necks before, but they might not do that anymore.

I haven't got a jazzmaster yet so I'm not full hipster :nerd:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/122997460229?_trksid=p2471758.m4704

Nice!

I don't know. Jimbob plays a jazzmaster, and he seems more Texan lumberjack (can that combination exist?) than anything else.

I wonder what that will go for. Can you plug a left handed guitar into it?

• 5 weeks later...
Assuming it works!

Unsure how the neck pickup would be situated where it is. Would it not be less effective!?

Also, fernandes v sustainiac...

Fernandes is great if all you want is infinite sustain, but if you want that and also a great sounding neck pickup, sustainiac is the best. Also the battery life on the sustainiac is massive compared to the fernandes.

• 2 months later...

Hey guys!

I'm havin a problem and maybe someone can help out.

I modded my Cort MBC-1. Installed a sustainiac and a fuzz factory.

It's all working great except the sustainiac battery is always draining even with the guitar unplugged!

I have both ground cables - from the FF and sustainiac - soldered to the same sleeve on the output stereo jack.

If I disconnect the ground from the FF the sustainiac turns off with the guitar unplugged, as it should.

But the FF doesn't work...

Do you know how I solve this? Do I have to ground the FF somewhere else?

Can someone post a pic of the wiring in their cavity and the output jack please?

Thanks a lot!!

Cheers!

You need to wire both the batteries to the sleeve of the output jack. The way you have it wired it's grounding through the Fuzz so it's always on.

Could this also be a solution for an acoustic guitar that seems to eat 9v's for breakfast?

Could this also be a solution for an acoustic guitar that seems to eat 9v's for breakfast?

Hi.

Last info I got about this is this.

If you have two batteries for two different systems inside the guitar like a pre-amp or a fuzz or a sustainer you need a 9-pin output jack to isolate both batteries.

With one system the stereo output jack and the battery black cable connected to its second sleeve provides a short with the guitar unplugged that takes the battery off the system and doesn't drain it.

With two batteries from what I was told I have to isolate both of them using this type of jack.

Check stewmac if that's your case. They sell them. I ordered mine already.

Anyone else has some other insight about this?

Cheers

I think you're overcomplicating it. Connect both of the black battery wires to the ring of the jack and nothing else. Connect all the grounds to the ground of the stereo jack. That's literally all you need to do.

I don't know...

I'm not doing the installation. My luthier it and he is not inexperienced tough it's the first guitar with two internal systems he is working on.

I'm not sure he did what you suggest but i'm almost certain unless there's double grounding of the sustainiac somewhere.

He did have both black wires from the batteries connected to the ring of the stereo output jack and one to the ground which I suppose it's the main ground from one of the pots. The sustainiac came pre-installed so all the grounds where soldered where they are supposed to.

And still the sustainiac didn't turn off with the guitar unplugged unless he disconected the black wire of the FF battery from the output jack.

Do you have a guitar with both the FF and the sustainiac installed internally? Could you share some pictures of the wiring perhaps and the output jack? That would be awesome if you could!

Edited by ppocmrmojo

Hi.

Last info I got about this is this.

If you have two batteries for two different systems inside the guitar like a pre-amp or a fuzz or a sustainer you need a 9-pin output jack to isolate both batteries.

With one system the stereo output jack and the battery black cable connected to its second sleeve provides a short with the guitar unplugged that takes the battery off the system and doesn't drain it.

With two batteries from what I was told I have to isolate both of them using this type of jack.

Check stewmac if that's your case. They sell them. I ordered mine already.

Anyone else has some other insight about this?

Cheers

I've never seen it done that way. Seems unnecessary.

I think you're overcomplicating it. Connect both of the black battery wires to the ring of the jack and nothing else. Connect all the grounds to the ground of the stereo jack. That's literally all you need to do.

This, but I'm likely to agree with you anyway, as I know you know more than I do, even though we both know nothing.

Does a sustainer have the same problem with a built in fuzz factory that it has with the pedal? I have to put a buffer in between the guitar and fuzz for both to work together so I’m guessing the same thing happens when they’re both connected inside the guitar.

Thanks, I'll have a look when I get a hold of my student's guitar!

• 4 weeks later...
Going to buy one with sustainer and fuzz

Can you not use then at the same time?

Don't see why you can't, you can use them together on an MA-2. They work perfectly together as well.

Sustainer and internal FF don't work together on my ali custom, but then there's tonnes of stuff going on in that guitar so who knows. Works fine with external FF though of course. Might depend on the guitar?

Weird, you'd think the internal one would work, but not the external. This is yet another enriching fact about Bs that I would not have known otherwise.

You have the FF7, yes? I wonder if that pedal reacts differently than the standard one... I wouldn't think so.

I know Jaicen can build one that works with the sustainer, but we're not allowed to discuss that here :ninja:

Weird, you'd think the internal one would work, but not the external. This is yet another enriching fact about Bs that I would not have known otherwise.

You have the FF7, yes? I wonder if that pedal reacts differently than the standard one... I wouldn't think so.

I know Jaicen can build one that works with the sustainer, but we're not allowed to discuss that here :ninja:

Why would an external pedal be affected by an internal circuit on the guitar? I think it's just to do with the batteries in the guitar or interference between texts circuits or something. On my ali custom, the FF and piezo run off the same battery with no problem, but for some reason if you turn the sustainer (which is on different batteries) and the FF on at the same time, they don't work properly. No idea why, but it's not a major issue. As I said I can just use my floor pedal when I need to, which usually sounds better anyway, haha! And yes, it's the FF7 I've got, and I actually use it for my main sound on the two customs as it sounds so good with them. Something about the combination of the FF7 and the internal piezo circuit colouring the guitar sound makes a really nice thick, heavy, slightly fuzzy distortion sound. It doesn't work so well if the piezo is disengaged though somehow, as it just doesn't sound right then. I don't use it with the MB-1 either for the same reason. Otherwise it's great.