Back to the MBC-1 though, I'm actually getting more optimistic reading how involved Manson are (unless it's just marketing bs). As other's have said, I can't see Manson themselves letting a sub-par product hit the shelves with their name on it. £499 is cheap, but you can get some really cool guitars in that price range.

The general impression I get from this thread is that people assume 'cheap price = cheap materials.' When actually the manufacturing costs are driving down the prices lower than material costs compared to the European-made Mansons.

Squier guitars costing even less are not far off their expensive American-made cousins, at least in their construction.

The general impression I get from this thread is that people assume 'cheap price = cheap materials.' When actually the manufacturing costs are driving down the prices lower than material costs compared to the European-made Mansons

Don't tell people actual manufacturing and business secrets like that. :LOL:

I am still curious to try one though. And a real manson. Side by side. :LOL:

Don't tell people actual manufacturing and business secrets like that. :LOL:

I am still curious to try one though. And a real manson. Side by side. :LOL:

I wonder how many dealers are going to be stocking them. Surely more than the ones listed on the MGW website.

And it is the 19th Bs

For the full, exclusive first review of the Cort MBC-1, check out Total Guitar issue 263, on sale 19 January

Surely almost everyone who buys this will end up upgrading the pickups to MBKs

The stock pickups are supposedly 'designed for the guitar'. Since the MBC-1 uses different woods to typical mansons, I guess trying the stocks first would be sensible.

I was tempted by the sustainer pickup, but I doubt I'd use it much to warrant the price.

The guitar has favoured very well in the review! I am encouraged by Hugh's experience of being 'blown away' by the attention to detail conducted at the Cort factory.

Fancy scanning/taking a picture of the review and sticking it on here so we can all have a read :)