I'm seriously tempted, being massively short on money but wanting a new guitar but not being a fan of Fender's (looks only, they play great!) and wanting something not on Gibson scale, so this could do me nicely. Plus I can make some custom hardware on my lathe and buy a sustainer, it's never going to be a MB-1 but it could be a nice piece of kit for the price.

Will be interesting to see what comes out of these in the future, I would consider one in a different colour (since I already have a matte black replica I made). Also comes down to how well they actually play, and what the stock electronics are like. I wouldn't expect Primo MBK or something, but a reasonable pickup would be nice still.

I feel like that kind of money for a off brand name, POS pickups, and no extra features just wouldn't cut it, would cost a fair coin to bring it up to expectations.

I would like to think that as Manson's have worked hard for years to get a top reputation that they wouldn't risk a budget line with another company ruining that for them, so I would imagine they will be one of best guitars around for that price range, of course they won't compare to the other signatures :D

Just hope they don't let Matt use them live as he has no regard for guitars costing thousands, can't imagine what would happen to these, perhaps turning them in to tree bark and spraying it all over the crowd!!!

Edited by Witz

I would like to think that as Manson's have worked hard for years to get a top reputation that they wouldn't risk a budget line with another company ruining that for them, so I would imagine they will be one of best guitars around for that price range, of course they won't compare to the other signatures :D

Just hope they don't let Matt use them live as he has no regard for guitars costing thousands, can't imagine what would happen to these, perhaps turning them in to tree bark and spraying it all over the crowd!!!

I honestly don't think a cheap guitar vs the Manson ones he was smashing would change how he treated them. I lost the interest a bit in his trashing this tour because he had guitar specifically made to smash for the most part, and there were certain points in the set where he would be given that guitar, and then smash it just to be part of the show.

There were still the times they threw me off where he was tossing the Glitter or the Gloss MIDI though.

We know how much he loves Hendrix. :rolleyes:

What are you suggesting? ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhVrQijUlDM

Yeah I recall in an interview, Hugh said he went to that czech factory to check everything out before they started the MA series, as he wanted to make sure they were doing a good job or whatever

I honestly don't think a cheap guitar vs the Manson ones he was smashing would change how he treated them. I lost the interest a bit in his trashing this tour because he had guitar specifically made to smash for the most part, and there were certain points in the set where he would be given that guitar, and then smash it just to be part of the show.

There were still the times they threw me off where he was tossing the Glitter or the Gloss MIDI though.

Pretty much everything after the M1D1 incident seemed like it was more or less expected (except for the glitter falling off the tower, which I have my own conspiracy theories about)

Although, I suppose it's not too different from the ibanez guitars he used on the OOS tour for the same purpose... but then he would completely demolish those

WYeah I recall in an interview, Hugh said he went to that czech factory to check everything out before they started the MA series, as he wanted to make sure they were doing a good job or whatever

It's unbelievable just how well-built the czech-made mansons are, even though they're then assembled in the workshop. I can't imagine they'd be massively better being hand built by the workshop entirely. Are the MB-1S' built entirely in the works?

It's unbelievable just how well-built the czech-made mansons are, even though they're then assembled in the workshop. I can't imagine they'd be massively better being hand built by the workshop entirely. Are the MB-1S' built entirely in the works?

Yeah definitely.

From what I understand, the bodies and necks for the MBs are CNC'd and painted somewhere else in the UK, and then completed at the works.

It's unbelievable just how well-built the czech-made mansons are, even though they're then assembled in the workshop. I can't imagine they'd be massively better being hand built by the workshop entirely.

Does someone have pictures of the wood used to make the MA series ?

My MA is top quality but I have never seen the natural look of the wood.

The Cort MBC-1 will be made in Indonesia as it is written on the back of the headstock.

Does someone have pictures of the wood used to make the MA series ?

My MA is top quality but I have never seen the natural look of the wood.

The Cort MBC-1 will be made in Indonesia as it is written on the back of the headstock.

I actually asked about that recently as I was considering getting the EVO refinished in a transparent sunburst (ended up going for silverburst). supposedly it looks pretty nice considering they're chosen for non-transparent finish.

It would be interesting to see if the quality is as good as the overall product.

About Cort Guitars, there are several videos against Cort Factory on the internet, about the working conditions in South Korea for example. I don't know if it's true or not.

About Cort Guitars, there are several videos against Cort Factory on the internet, about the working conditions in South Korea for example. I don't know if it's true or not.

What's this about? someone mentioned it earlier today.

Screw it. Now I want my money back from those chinese people.:facepalm:

did you already pay in full?

I have a strat stlye guitar made by them, everything is better expect for the pickups than current american or mexican strats. Since anyone can buy good hardware the only interesting part of the equation is the wood.

In my case the body is a two piece swamp ash and the neck is hard maple with maple fretboard. It is unpainted so i cant say anything about the paintjob, the swamp ash is sorta soft, you can easily put lots of dents in it but i think ash is naturally softer than other tone woods.

I found the neck pretty wide and fat, i don't really like it. The large frets are wearing too fast imo.

I have set up the neck only once in the last 5 years and it keeps the setup perfect even though i used to keep it in pretty fucked environments. (places so dry i used to wake up with nosebleed everytime or places so humid that mold grew on the walls, constant temperature swings etc.)