Not from Cort I'm sure. Squire don't have a sustainer option for instance. Manson will mod them like they do the MA1 and Squire telecasters no doubt but it'll probably more than double the price with the MBK2 and sustainer fitted.

yeah the Cort just by itself is 499 pounds

with a sustainer and an MBK-2 is 979 pounds

add custom hardware and tuners and it becomes 1129 pounds

probably best for me just to buy another MA-2 really

yeah the Cort just by itself is 499 pounds

with a sustainer and an MBK-2 is 979 pounds

add custom hardware and tuners and it becomes 1129 pounds

probably best for me just to buy another MA-2 really

so those modifications would cost more than the guitar itself.

Whether or not it's worth doing... I'd say it all depends on what you're keeping, and the quality of that. As an example, I've had two higher end japanese fenders modded by Mansons for around twice the price of what they'd sell for new.

Was it worth it? Probably not to most people, but the bodies and necks (really the only parts that were kept) were high enough quality, which made a good platform for pickup mods etc (especially since the electronics are the weakness with those anyway)

So I'd really try to see how it is as a stock guitar (maybe wait for that review from music radar) before deciding.

Weren't you saving for a custom?

so those modifications would cost more than the guitar itself.

Whether or not it's worth doing... I'd say it all depends on what you're keeping, and the quality of that. As an example, I've had two higher end japanese fenders modded by Mansons for around twice the price of what they'd sell for new.

Was it worth it? Probably not to most people, but the bodies and necks (really the only parts that were kept) were high enough quality, which made a good platform for pickup mods etc (especially since the electronics are the weakness with those anyway)

So I'd really try to see how it is as a stock guitar (maybe wait for that review from music radar) before deciding.

Weren't you saving for a custom?

I was yeah but I recently found out my college tuition is going to cost double what it was originally thought to so i'm going to be paying more for that than I thought, which is why i'm now considering just getting a Cort or a new MA, it's all just possibilities at the moment

• 2 weeks later...
I hope rust_relic is getting one. He hasn't missed a signature guitar release... YET :ninja:

Don't know what you mean James...............

2005 Manson Rust Relic (now sold) :$

2009 Manson MB-1 (now sold) :$

2011 Manson DL-1

2012 Manson 20th Anniversary MA (now sold) :$

2012 Manson CE-7 (now sold) :$

2012 Manson Guitar Show MA-007 (now sold) :$

2012 Manson Guitar Show MB2-SE (now sold) :$

2014 Manson MB-1S

2014 Manson MA 401 EVO (any takers?) :$

2014 Manson MA Custom

:facepalm:

Edited by rust_relic

Looking forward to the reviews for this one!

Like I'm sure many others, I'm nowhere near good enough at the present to justify owning a proper £1200+ Manson but really love the style and the sound they produce. I currently own an Epiphone LP Custom which I have adored for years but I have sort of fallen out of love with. Although I'm 95% sure I will end up with something from the Fender Blacktop series, this has sort of popped out of nowhere.

Not that I am too hopeful, I have heard more than one mediocre criticism levelled towards a Cort guitar. The involvement of Manson themselves has my hopes raised slightly however.

Ignore what other people think, if you can afford and and want one then just get it :)

At least nowadays you can buy Manson guitars for £500, £1500 or £3000 upwards

I used to own the only guitar built for Matt Bellamy that went on sale to the public, I though my playing wasn't too bad but my youtube video with it has more dislikes than likes :$

Ignore what other people think, if you can afford and and want one then just get it :)

At least nowadays you can buy Manson guitars for £500, £1500 or £3000 upwards

I used to own the only guitar built for Matt Bellamy that went on sale to the public, I though my playing wasn't too bad but my youtube video with it has more dislikes than likes :$

yeah that. I've not played a cort before (that I can remember) so I'm not familiar with them, but I'm looking forward to seeing the reviews of this anyway.

and I imagine that wouldn't be the case if you were playing a different guitar

Not that I am too hopeful, I have heard more than one mediocre criticism levelled towards a Cort guitar. The involvement of Manson themselves has my hopes raised slightly however.

Actually, I've seen a few favourable reviews on youtube. Perhaps the criticism is towards their treatment of their manufacturing side?

2011 Manson DL-1

2014 Manson MB-1S

2014 Manson MA Custom

I'd buy your evo if i had the money :LOL:

but dayum you've owned a lot of them

2005 Manson Rust Relic

isn't it 2004? or are you going by the year you purchased it?

Fender worked with Cort for the Lite Ash and FMT telecaster, and all we can say is that both guitars are pretty good, so I don't think we have to worry about the MBC1.

yeah i had one of the lite ash teles a while back. wasn't bad at all.

2011 Manson DL-1

2014 Manson MB-1S

2014 Manson MA Custom

Any chance you'd be looking at selling the DL-1???

Pics/features of your EVO?

Any chance you'd be looking at selling the DL-1????

Not at the moment, it's had a few changes since I got it so would rather keep hold of it, had a black MBK-2 put back in since this photo

1185731_10151600416607091_573977582_n_zps8dfad888.jpg

Pics/features of your EVO?

2014 Manson MA 401 EVO, MBK-2, killswitch and fernandes sustainer 401

10435990_10152182288512091_6844111688130340310_n_zps8e99bc17.jpg

10379021_10152184484202091_460711983974978613_n_zps975188ea.jpg

:)

when did you put the MBK-2 back in? you really need to give the MBK-3 a try - i think that works perfectly in my DL-1

A few months back, the Piezo circuit came out as well, only guitar I've had with an MBK-3 was the CE-7

Don't use it much nowadays since I got my new custom :ninja: