I vouch for that. Almost the same on the Fender end but there is normally like $100-200 difference.

I might pop into my local shop this week to see if they are going to stock this guitar. Probably going to be close to a grand here but this shop is pretty good price wise.

Are all US brands so expensive where you are? Mesa amps for example.

And I'm curious how many dealers are going to stock this guitar. Not sure if it will just go to a few select ones, or if they'll be carried in practically every big store that has similar guitars.

Err well like this, but with Cort instead of Manson on the headstock :D Oh and the pickups look slightly different and the neck wood is lighter, but yeah basically like this.

manson.matt.black.guitar.63..jpg

Haha i knew that would be the response i got! Thank you :LOL:

Comparatively expensive. Wasn't terrible when our dollar was 1 for 1 but now it's a bit worse off.

Of course, always hard to tell by retail price but say for a Fender Standard Strat HSS Plus Top.

US (RRP, $739USD ~$900 AUD)

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/StratFatMBSB

AUS (RRP $1,149AUD ~$950USD)

http://musoscorner.com.au/site/index.cfm?prodname=Fender-Standard-Stratocaster--HSS-Plus-Top&module=STORETIGERV2&pageMode=indiv&productID=250474&storepid=6

You can see why I don't mind buying from the US. :p Same goes for pretty much all Fender owned stuff. Stays around that percentage of inflated cost. Considering shipping from those sort of sites cost $100 or so, that's still $100 or so saved. *shrugs* Usually you can bargain a bit in store to get the price down. I'd guess the Cort if they stock it will be in the $800-1000 mark, depending where the dollar is at.

As I learned today, it cost me twice as much to ship a package to Indonesia than the US or Europe. Well... only because I required tracking but still. :ninja:

Anyway, wonder how the pickups will sound. Hugh looked over the pickups but not entirely sure what that means.

Didn't mine have tracking as well? Or did it include that anyway?

Will the Cort tuners fit the custom hardware or will upgrading those to gotoh be necessary, that is the question....

This is what I'm wondering, I going to make some custom hardware once the tuners come so I can make them bespoke to the tuners. Hopefully it's actually possible with the cort hardware if not it will be gotohs :D And yeah I'm going for the MBK-2, FSK-401 set up but I'm going to play it for a bit with the standard pups as I want to see what they sound like.

I have just emailed Adrian at the Works and he says that a full list of options will be finalised and announced soon. I specifically asked about the custom tuners and he said that custom knobs are definitely available but never answered about tuners. My guess is that they won't fit on the Cort tuners. No cases are provided either so it looks like i'll be going for the £109 hiscox option :(

Call me a conspiracy theorist but i have a feeling that the neck pickup in the Cort is the same neck single coil that replaced the sustainer in Matt's carbon.

Look at 14:04 in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jiro61UjbB4

Maybe the carbon was just an excuse to test the new pickup because Matt needed the nice smooth neck tone for Animals and wanted a better pickup than the Fernandes which isn't great unless it's sustaining?

Call me a conspiracy theorist but i have a feeling that the neck pickup in the Cort is the same neck single coil that replaced the sustainer in Matt's carbon.

Look at 14:04 in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jiro61UjbB4

Maybe the carbon was just an excuse to test the new pickup because Matt needed the nice smooth neck tone for Animals and wanted a better pickup than the Fernandes which isn't great unless it's sustaining?

I guess it is possible but with Manson's having such a close relationship with BKP it could be anything.

Not officially but I'd be surprised if Hugh hadn't spoken to Tim at all about it :ninja:

I love all the secretive ideas that seem to go into Mansons, it always seems like there's some mystery to what they're doing, i can't wait for the official options list to be published!

From the sound of things, they're made by cort, but to a custom spec

Also, pretty sure Matt's carbon has a seymour duncan neck pickup.

Do you have any idea of what Seymour Duncan it could be? I am planning on getting a Cort and would like good suggestions for a pickup to put in the neck as i'm going to go for an MBK to put in the bridge