So I was about to order one from Thomann, realised I don't have access to the email I made the account with anymore. and decided to open a new account.

This has got to be the only website in 2015 that requires an operator to manually register your details...

The more i play this thing, the more convinced i am it's the best budget axe i've ever played.

Enjoy your modded ones folks, be sure to post some pics!

Seeing as mine is a vanilla mattocaster, here's a family photo

q30n3xk.jpg

qEyHJjK.jpg

Edited by scottST

The more i play this thing, the more convinced i am it's the best budget axe i've ever played.

Enjoy your modded ones folks, be sure to post some pics!

Seeing as mine is a vanilla mattocaster, here's a family photo

Could you make the pics a bit bigger, mate? Can't see it :D

Yes, hence the smiley face! :LOL:

Guitar looks fantastic though, actually looks black in those photos instead of grey like in most of the others I've saw!

I switched to full mode and seriously cringed for being "that guy". Sorry y'all

It is a lovely finish, very nice guitar. Had it set up low with elixir 10s on it, plays like a machine now. Loves a bit of gain but cleans up really nicely

I switched to full mode and seriously cringed for being "that guy". Sorry y'all

It is a lovely finish, very nice guitar. Had it set up low with elixir 10s on it, plays like a machine now. Loves a bit of gain but cleans up really nicely

Nice, does the finish feel durable? How does it compare to the one that hooglebug did for that parker thing you sold me a while back?

WTF, thomann was displaying "due in 2-5 days" when I placed the order. my order details now says "due on 30.4.2015"

Sounds like a certain online dealer we have in the U.S.

Maybe try calling them?

Nice, does the finish feel durable? How does it compare to the one that hooglebug did for that parker thing you sold me a while back?

Put it this way - i have tried to scratch the Cort, and nothings happened....

It's really rugged - almost anti-slip....

Edit - not in a lifeboat deck kind of way, but its not "smooth"

Sounds like a certain online dealer we have in the U.S.

Maybe try calling them?

yeah I will do tomorrow. I've never had positive experience with Thomann but judging by what others have said here I could well be the only one :erm:

Put it this way - i have tried to scratch the Cort, and nothings happened....

That's pretty interesting. I've never had a matt(e) finish that hasn't scratched easily... guessing it won't become shiny over a short period of time either.

yeah I will do tomorrow. I've never had positive experience with Thomann but judging by what others have said here I could well be the only one :erm:

What were the problems in the past? just the delivery dates?

But yeah, it's a lot like this one we have over here. Usually when it's "in stock" they ship right away, but when they give an expected shipping date... it almost always takes months longer than that. I once waited so long for a guitar case that THEY cancelled the order.

Not sure if thomann is that bad, but I guess it depends if anyone else here has ordered an out of stock item?

What were the problems in the past? just the delivery dates?

But yeah, it's a lot like this one we have over here. Usually when it's "in stock" they ship right away, but when they give an expected shipping date... it almost always takes months longer than that. I once waited so long for a guitar case that THEY cancelled the order.

Not sure if thomann is that bad, but I guess it depends if anyone else here has ordered an out of stock item?

late delivery on "in stock" items, wrong product delivered. worst one was when I ordered a bunch of microphones and stands and pop shields and cables. and they shipped them in 3 packages (with no particular bundling logic!) arriving on 3 different days.

I think their stock system is manual and someone has to manually update the website and that's why sometimes an in stock item is actually not in stock.

Can one of you guys upload a proper test demo of your MBC1? It seems like nobody is interested in doing so on YouTube besides one boy and his band in Indonesia, not counting the Manson uploads they've done themselves.

Edited by jonisdead