Haha, I know you'd think so, but I genuinely think I've got enough. It took quite a few years to get everything I wanted/needed, and since that's all been achieved, I've been more than happy. Even if I wanted to get anything else, I don't think I'd be able to justify it anymore really either. I've spent enough, and I need to focus my attention on other parts of my life too. :)

GK connectors are available in locking and non locking form. They were used for Atari's and some radio stuff apparently. They're not fun to solder :(

that sounds well advanced, mate

Any links to these connectors? wouldn't mind getting a couple made by that company I posted, as I'm sure they'll be loads more durable than the standard ones

It'll almost certainly sound better, butcwhy not just get an MA-2 for that kind of money?

I'm not sure why people keep saying if that if you upgrade to the MBK-2 pickup and sustainer you might as well get the MA-2 when it's still £600 more :LOL:

But I completely agree that you should try it before upgrading.

I'm not sure why people keep saying if that if you upgrade to the MBK-2 pickup and sustainer you might as well get the MA-2 when it's still £600 more :LOL:

Well, if you buy a Cort and you add sustainer, MBK-2 and some custom hardware, you easily reach £1100. For that price you can almost buy an MA-2, ok without the sustainer, but still... Better wood quality, better electronics, better hardware etc.

I'd like to buy a Cort and upgrade it, but to be honest i don't think it's worth it. I'm not saying it's a bad guitar, but I would rather buy an MA-2 for that price, and upgrade it later with the sustainer.

Edited by Lozo

The pickup that comes in it sounds pretty good from demos I've seen/heard, so I'd defitely try it before getting an MBK-2. Sustainer seems like most useful upgrade.

And it looks like MB has the standard bridge pickup in his Corts.

1509312_336643139876716_1868428131825970083_n.jpg?oh=c5637309dc93e81c07a06ea9c70904ec&oe=55B9515D

Well, if you buy a Cort and you add sustainer, MBK-2 and some custom hardware, you easily reach £1100. For that price you can almost buy an MA-2, ok without the sustainer, but still... Better wood quality, better electronics, better hardware etc.

I'd like to buy a Cort and upgrade it, but to be honest i don't think it's worth it. I'm not saying it's a bad guitar, but I would rather buy an MA-2 for that price, and upgrade it later with the sustainer.

The biggest annoyance for me is simply that the aesthetic appeal for the MA is simply not as good as that of the Cort; body isn't as aggressively styled mainly. I'm a noob when it comes to knowing the intricate differences between guitars, but granted alder wood is good quality, if I were to upgrade an MBC versus get an MA with only an MBK, would the sound quality be ear poppingly different, or negligible? I've heard different things about basswood and I'm trying not to go over $2500 USD

EDIT: bear in mind shipping alone to where I live is £300...

The biggest annoyance for me is simply that the aesthetic appeal for the MA is simply not as good as that of the Cort; body isn't as aggressively styled mainly. I'm a noob when it comes to knowing the intricate differences between guitars, but granted alder wood is good quality, if I were to upgrade an MBC versus get an MA with only an MBK, would the sound quality be ear poppingly different, or negligible? I've heard different things about basswood and I'm trying not to go over $2500 USD

EDIT: bear in mind shipping alone to where I live is £300...

I'm not luthier or an expert. Some people here will help a lot more than me.

But as far as I know, the wood doesn't make such a big difference (I mean less than people usually think), even more when it's alder and basswood which are both pretty neutral if I'm not mistaken. I only know that basswood is usually used for more budget guitars, I'm not very familiar with all its characteristics. The difference would be a lot more obvious between ash and mahogany.

But it's not only a question of wood. Electronics, fretwork/neck, hardware are also important imo.

Like I said, some people here should be able to advise you better than me.

And it looks like MB has the standard bridge pickup in his Corts.

I don't think this means much if he bought them for the reason we think he did.

I'm not luthier or an expert. Some people here will help a lot more than me.

But as far as I know, the wood doesn't make such a big difference (I mean less than people usually think), even more when it's alder and basswood which are both pretty neutral if I'm not mistaken. I only know that basswood is usually used for more budget guitars, I'm not very familiar with all its characteristics. The difference would be a lot more obvious between ash and mahogany.

But it's not only a question of wood. Electronics, fretwork/neck, hardware are also important imo.

Like I said, some people here should be able to advise you better than me.

I agree with pretty much all of this. I have a strat made of basswood (4 piece!) and compared to one made of alder, it sounds similar for the most part... maybe a little more 'dull' but that could be down to other variables

I'd say at least try the stock MBC-1 first, unless you're sure you want a sustainer for the sustain feature alone. If the bridge pickup isn't good enough, then upgrade it afterwards.

Great chat going on in hear, I'm not sure that body wood makes that big a difference, I think it does to a degree but the amount of people you see going "but my mahogany less paul sounds so different to my strat" : facepalm:

I'm thinking for mine dropping in a sustainer and that will be that :D

Edited by Witz

Thanks for all the advice guys! None of you are getting the fuzz factory right?

Nope. Gimmick that you'll get fed up of

That said, i'm being a bit hypocritical there, 'cos i'm planning on getting an EVO -S later in the year....

Edited by scottST

Nope. Gimmick that you'll get fed up of

That said, i'm being a bit hypocritical there, 'cos i'm planning on getting an EVO -S later in the year....

Haha initially I thought it would be cool but it doesn't justify the cost really, and yeah I'd rather have the sustainer.

I don't think this means much if he bought them for the reason we think he did.

Yeah, they're probably going to get smashed :LOL:. I meant more that if they sounded bad compared to MBK-2s, he'd probably have them changed when the sustainers were being fitted.

When you guys put a deposit down, did you receive an email after the payment went through? I went back to the site and it shows that I still have the "deposit" in my basket although it already was paid.

EDIT: Also is there any real difference in ordering from Mansons Guitar Works (<-- I used this site to preorder) and Mansons.co.uk? I live in the US if it makes a difference

EDIT 2: Realized I put the incorrect email :facepalm: sent them an email asking them to update their info so that I could receive all the proper info I need just to make sure after I updated it on the website as well. They're notoriously slow in responding, right?

Sorry for the incessant spam :LOL:

Edited by jonisdead