Does a sustainer have the same problem with a built in fuzz factory that it has with the pedal? I have to put a buffer in between the guitar and fuzz for both to work together so I’m guessing the same thing happens when they’re both connected inside the guitar.

Yup.Same problem. As soon as you turn on the fuzz the sustain stops.

A buffer between the guitar and the fuzz is not an option at least for me. Tried it before. The noise level increases substantially. Tough you can work with the sustainiac and the fuzz at the same time.

Cheers

how does the sustainer sound off as a single coil pick up?

I like it a lot. Very defined and warm sounding. Great clarity and very dynamic. You can also "split coil" it. They can put a switch or wire it to a push-pull knob. Basically it changes the gain of the "pickup". I use it mostly in the single coil sound.

Yup.Same problem. As soon as you turn on the fuzz the sustain stops.

A buffer between the guitar and the fuzz is not an option at least for me. Tried it before. The noise level increases substantially. Tough you can work with the sustainiac and the fuzz at the same time.

Cheers

you would think manson would state that you cant use both at the same time or add a buffer when they make the guitar ?

im gutted I cant use both:(

you would think manson would state that you cant use both at the same time or add a buffer when they make the guitar ?

im gutted I cant use both:(

It is my belief that Mr. Manson did find a way to have them both working at the same time. And probably without the need of a buffer since it alters the input impedance going to the FF and will make it behave differently.

Perhaps I'm wrong. But someone stated a while back that Matt doesn't use them both at the same time live! And that got me thinking and I came to the same conclusion.

Maybe the fix that was suggested to solve my battery drain problem will also allow them to work together but I haven't tried it yet. It's about replacing the guitar's output jack with a 9-pin output jack that supposedly will separate completely both circuits.

Anyway, it doesn't bother me that I can't use them both together. If I want to, my Helix has an almost perfect reproduction of the FF which I can use with the sustainaic. Only the battery drain bothers me.

And you can always buy a Cort MBC-1 or a Manson Model from Manson's and ask if the Sustainiac and the Fuzz Factory will work together without problems and then buy them the installation of both!;)

Cheers

It is my belief that Mr. Manson did find a way to have them both working at the same time. And probably without the need of a buffer since it alters the input impedance going to the FF and will make it behave differently.

Perhaps I'm wrong. But someone stated a while back that Matt doesn't use them both at the same time live! And that got me thinking and I came to the same conclusion.

Maybe the fix that was suggested to solve my battery drain problem will also allow them to work together but I haven't tried it yet. It's about replacing the guitar's output jack with a 9-pin output jack that supposedly will separate completely both circuits.

Anyway, it doesn't bother me that I can't use them both together. If I want to, my Helix has an almost perfect reproduction of the FF which I can use with the sustainaic. Only the battery drain bothers me.

And you can always buy a Cort MBC-1 or a Manson Model from Manson's and ask if the Sustainiac and the Fuzz Factory will work together without problems and then buy them the installation of both!;)

Cheers

I already ordered! haha doh I should have asked this first before jumping in

• 5 weeks later...

https://imgur.com/a/Anup8gf

Interesting. I wonder if the volume knob prevented it from being mounted in the correct position? Notice the saddles (except for the low E) are already all the way forward and are in the same position.

Unless it wasn't set to begin with. Should look more like this one:

https://www.mansonguitarworks.com/index.cfm/product/one-only-cort-m-jet-frx-mod-shop-334

• 3 months later...

Hi,

Bought it new on line in a music store here in France,

serial number is 170600506, so 2017 production ,

Manson Logo on the back

got the Cort control cardboard and the Matt Bellamy cardboard with guitar specifications.

I ask the question to Manson and Cort but no response.

I head that they stop the production so maybe no signature on the last models

Thanks

• 5 months later...