Parent's just bought me one for my birthday, have to admit I'm slightly excited :D Got it from Manson's with the custom knobs, does this mean we need a nearly owns a Manson Manson Owners thread :LOL:

We could start a cort owners club on Facebook, but let other people in as long as they're not a knob.

Sorry in advance to most of the people here.

I realize that it won't be ready until next march or whatever, but let us know what you think anyway. Are you going to change anything?

We could start a cort owners club on Facebook, but let other people in as long as they're not a knob.

Sorry in advance to most of the people here.

I realize that it won't be ready until next march or whatever, but let us know what you think anyway. Are you going to change anything?

:LOL:

Yep, I think we can guess what will replace the single coil :D Will seem a shame to put holes in a new guitar though!! I'm also going to make some custom hardware for the tuners to match the control knobs.

I've decided I will give the bridge pick up a chance but I suspect that it may be replaced when my finances recover from Christmas and the car I'm about to buy. Guess I could always throw the fernandes pick up in there, not sure I actually know what they are like as no one ever seems to fit them!!

Hi everybody i'm new here... Anyway, i've been looking at Mansons for ages waiting for them to release a more reasonably priced MB guitar, what are people's expectations for this one? I am looking at buying one when they are released but by the time i have modified it with the custom hardware and sustainer and such it is pushing £1000 which i could get a John Mayer strat for and that's made in the USA

Hi everybody i'm new here... Anyway, i've been looking at Mansons for ages waiting for them to release a more reasonably priced MB guitar, what are people's expectations for this one? I am looking at buying one when they are released but by the time i have modified it with the custom hardware and sustainer and such it is pushing £1000 which i could get a John Mayer strat for and that's made in the USA

Chevrolets are made in USA, Jaguars (or jyag wars) are made in the UK.

Think I'd prefer a Jaguar.

Actual relevant advice though, it's all well in saying things like "I want custom hardware and a sustainer and a fuzz factory and three chaoz padzer in it" but I always point out the same thing, do you really need those things in your guitar?

Personally, if I wanted to have a guitar that looked like one Matt Bellamy uses, I'd probably buy the cort, but I'd only do the mods that I'd actually use. Example, I like the MXR Microamp, so I would consider having one of those built into the guitar. Does Matt use one? Nope. Does that matter? Nope.

Chevrolets are made in USA, Jaguars (or jyag wars) are made in the UK.

Think I'd prefer a Jaguar.

Actual relevant advice though, it's all well in saying things like "I want custom hardware and a sustainer and a fuzz factory and three chaoz padzer in it" but I always point out the same thing, do you really need those things in your guitar?

Personally, if I wanted to have a guitar that looked like one Matt Bellamy uses, I'd probably buy the cort, but I'd only do the mods that I'd actually use. Example, I like the MXR Microamp, so I would consider having one of those built into the guitar. Does Matt use one? Nope. Does that matter? Nope.

Of course, Jaguar all day long!

What i was meaning is the Cort is made in Thaiwan isn't it and it seems like a lot for a guitar made by a brand that isn't renown for it's mid to upper market price level instruments.

I still think a pickup change would be necessary even if not to a Fernandes then another SC in the neck and i really like the custom hardware so that's personal. Still talking upwards of £750 to £800 all in and that's without a case included which Mansons charge another £100 for.

Still i'm waiting for the first review in Total Guitar which is released on Jan 19th so we'll see then if it's worth it

What i was meaning is the Cort is made in Thaiwan isn't it and it seems like a lot for a guitar made by a brand that isn't renown for it's mid to upper market price level instruments.

I still think a pickup change would be necessary even if not to a Fernandes then another SC in the neck and i really like the custom hardware so that's personal. Still talking upwards of £750 to £800 all in and that's without a case included which Mansons charge another £100 for.

Still i'm waiting for the first review in Total Guitar which is released on Jan 19th so we'll see then if it's worth it

My stance is Hugh has spent a lifetime building a reputation, it's unlikely that he will let this ruin it. I suspect that it will certainly be very good bang for buck, not as good as a full on Manson but much better than other guitars at that price point :)

I got mine for free i think :stunned:

Honestly it's down to personal preference, The cort is probably gonna be like an epiphone is to a gibson, not that much difference but just enough to justify it being cheaper, Mansons feel and sound incredible so if a Cort is even 75% of what a Manson is it's worth it for that price

I got mine for free i think :stunned:

Honestly it's down to personal preference, The cort is probably gonna be like an epiphone is to a gibson, not that much difference but just enough to justify it being cheaper, Mansons feel and sound incredible so if a Cort is even 75% of what a Manson is it's worth it for that price

it was just that first batch of EVOs that included the hard cases.

and I'm not sure what you mean about epiphone and gibson, but I'm more likely to spend my money on a high end epiphone LP instead of a LOWER end gibson model for 10x the price.

Not all that familiar with the stuff coming out of the cort factory, but the imports in general are pretty decent at this point

and I'm not sure what you mean about epiphone and gibson, but I'm more likely to spend my money on a high end epiphone LP instead of a LOWER end gibson model for 10x the price

Truest statement of the day, high end epiphone blow low end Gibson out of the water!!!

Truest statement of the day, high end epiphone blow low end Gibson out of the water!!!

But I said it

the gibson LP standard now costs $3759. I am also disappointed because they discontinued the ebony finish, which was the best finish... and it was cheaper...

Anyhow. I think the epis are made in a factory in china rather than indonesia, but I haven't really got anything bad to say about the epis as far as construction goes. The electronics are the weakness really.

Not sure if that gretsch bass I have is from the same factory, but it's pretty nice for the most part. Needs a bit of fretwork it seems, but that's not a massive issue.

it was just that first batch of EVOs that included the hard cases.

and I'm not sure what you mean about epiphone and gibson, but I'm more likely to spend my money on a high end epiphone LP instead of a LOWER end gibson model for 10x the price.

In Aus honestly like lower end gibsons are about the same price as high end epiphones so that's what i meant!

I vouch for that. Almost the same on the Fender end but there is normally like $100-200 difference.

I might pop into my local shop this week to see if they are going to stock this guitar. Probably going to be close to a grand here but this shop is pretty good price wise.

Does anybody here have the computer knowledge/ time to show what the Cort will look like with custom hardware on Photoshop or something by any chance?

Err well like this, but with Cort instead of Manson on the headstock :D Oh and the pickups look slightly different and the neck wood is lighter, but yeah basically like this.

manson.matt.black.guitar.63..jpg