Chinese Replica MB1?

Mittle

The paint/glitter makes it hard to tell how well it's routed but I mean the shape looks okay. Not a fan of the glitter but it'll look nicer with some hardware on it.

Just plain maple for the neck?

Yes, but that doesn't include the fretboard in case you were wondering

Nah, I meant since he's the owner of a legit Manson and knows what the real thing is like, why would he want to buy something that's obviously inferior just to have? Some of the Squier Vintage Modifieds are really neat guitars. There's an obvious quality difference between them and something like a Manson or an Elliott, but they're nice enough - if you wanted a cheap knock around guitar, I can't see why you'd diminish the brand of a really nice guitar that you already own by ordering a Chinese knock off rather than something like a Squier VM Cabronita. But hey, to each their own.

That glitter finish looks A+ by the way :thumbsup:jk it looks like dandruff

My mistake, son. I thought you were actually admitting that you still had an MB-1... or the remnants of one

See if they'll put a Gibson logo on it...

Let's not get carried away now. I'm sure this guitar actually has real wood for the fretboard, even if it does look like one of those eBay necks

I was looking over their site and they've been offering chromed Mansons to customers. I wonder how much they cost and I wonder how terrible they look.

A friend of mine bought a fake Gibson signature guitar once and it fell apart after using it about 20 times. The neck snapped off, the input cable nut fell out. Tried to fix it for him but then the pickups started dismounting. I'd be really skeptical. Only do this if you have some money to spare.

If it turns out well, I'd be interested in picking one up and I own a legit Manson. Collecting these guitars is nearly impossible with all the work I'm currently doing. Certainly my most expensive habit.

Edited by Alexander DeLarge

I was looking over their site and they've been offering chromed Mansons to customers. I wonder how much they cost and I wonder how terrible they look.

A friend of mine bought a fake Gibson signature guitar once and it fell apart after using it about 20 times. The neck snapped off, the input cable nut fell out. Tried to fix it for him but then the pickups started dismounting. I'd be really skeptical. Only do this if you have some money to spare.

If it turns out well, I'd be interested in picking one up and I own a legit Manson. Collecting these guitars is nearly impossible with all the work I'm currently doing. Certainly my most expensive habit.

Yeah I actually asked them about the chrome guitars and they told me they will do a replica but in gray/silver color instead:LOL:

And yeah, im curious about how it turns out. Will probably immediately change the picups with a FSK-401 kit since the wilkinsons it comes with are kinda crap. Maybe ill buy a mbk-2 from manson for the bridge if it turns out decent.:facemelt:

Yeah I actually asked them about the chrome guitars and they told me they will do a replica but in gray/silver color instead:LOL:

And yeah, im curious about how it turns out. Will probably immediately change the picups with a FSK-401 kit since the wilkinsons it comes with are kinda crap. Maybe ill buy a mbk-2 from manson for the bridge if it turns out decent.:facemelt:

Thank christ they're not touching chrome. Personally I'd go and buy whatever you need and let them install it. At least you'd be able to salvage the parts for a proper custom later on. Isn't that much of a risk. Just make sure you're negotiating the price down since you're sending your own components to them. Ideally you'd provide most of your own electronics, materials and you'd just be paying for the installation, the body and the finish.

Yeh, I'll probably throw away their garbage electronics and install new ones myself. I have just received a fsk-401 kit which I ordered online. Will probably install it immediately as I receive the guitar. Only problem is that I dont want the "sustainer intensity" know. How do I remove it? Do I just cut the cord and leave it?:stunned:

• 3 weeks later...

A little update. The guitar is soon ready, will probably ship in a couple of days. I had them redo the glitter :LOL: now it looks great in my opinion. Some of you might be a little mad because of the logo on the neck, but again, this is just for the wall and bedroom :rolleyes::p

CatchA403.thumb.jpg.5695de1259d32ffc005365e9cd4ca60c.jpg

Pls note: All guitars in our custom shop are created by the craftsmen who are famous worldwide. Besides, we also have some professional tuners who are specially responsible for testing and tuning guitars's tone. Every guitar before shipping, we repeately test and tune to make sure it is nearest to the original one in tone. So you can be assured about the quality...

This is probably the greatest thing i've ever read! Maybe John Cruz has left the Fender Custom Shop and got a job at the 'rare electric guitar' factory.

:facepalm:

:stunned:

:mad:

:twitchy:

Pls note: All guitars in our custom shop are created by the craftsmen who are famous worldwide. Besides, we also have some professional tuners who are specially responsible for testing and tuning guitars's tone. Every guitar before shipping, we repeately test and tune to make sure it is nearest to the original one in tone. So you can be assured about the quality...

This is probably the greatest thing i've ever read! Maybe John Cruz has left the Fender Custom Shop and got a job at the 'rare electric guitar' factory.

Bunch of fanboys, the lot of you :ninja:

A little update. The guitar is soon ready, will probably ship in a couple of days. I had them redo the glitter :LOL: now it looks great in my opinion. Some of you might be a little mad because of the logo on the neck, but again, this is just for the wall and bedroom :rolleyes::p

... so do you plan on playing it or just hanging it on your bedroom wall?

• 3 weeks later...

Well they´ve been kinda slow, but I guess its because of christmas/chinese new year etc. It has been routed and drilled. Only missing the electronics and fine tuning. :) Will show you the final pictures when I receive the HQ pictures from them.

Catch(01-05-17-32-47).thumb.jpg.a9592e319dbbb32d66f0d57f29789961.jpg

Well they´ve been kinda slow, but I guess its because of christmas/chinese new year etc. It has been routed and drilled. Only missing the electronics and fine tuning. :) Will show you the final pictures when I receive the HQ pictures from them.

Looks like they use stock tuners, and you might end up needing to replace them with HAP ones or get string trees. When I did my build, I tried with standard tuners and my high E was an unbearable sitar sound. B string sometimes too but not as much.

Looks like they use stock tuners, and you might end up needing to replace them with HAP ones or get string trees. When I did my build, I tried with standard tuners and my high E was an unbearable sitar sound. B string sometimes too but not as much.

They use wilkinson tuners they told me. Do you think a string tree will solve it? I will probably purchase some 510 HAP from Manson and change them. I fear the wilkinson ones will be unstable, forcing me to tune it every minute.