I wouldn't say Map is a rarity

In relation to what they've played in other locations and how a lot of people clamour for map and then it doesn't get played..it seems to be going down that path, though I get what you're saying in all truth. Could of gone with sunburn. Or half of host. Or blackout. I was looking for something specific to that gig in that tour.

The Handler was huge, but Matt's mic either cut-out or he didn't bother with the aiaiaiaiaiaiaaaaaahhhh (seemed a bit of both from what I saw?), best performance of Micro Cuts ever

IIRC, he did the first one but not the one at the end. Could be wrong though, haven't watched videos of it yet.

As for Micro Cuts, nah. One of the best, probably, but not the best.

I've heard a lot of; "but it went lighter and shit in the end," to which I say, this was still technically a tour gig, so they had to play 'the hits'. Not everyone at download wanted muse there or would go see them for any reason bit what they already know.

PiB went down brilliantly. Honestly feel like that song is as immortal as Morgan Freeman. It never ages.

Obviously they have to play a few hits, it just gets a bit tedious when it's always the same ones (Hysteria, Knights, Supermassive, PIB, Uprising, TIRO...). Songs like Uprising and TIRO are boring live nowadays so, hits or not, they're pretty shit. Plus, so many in a row, bar Reapers and Stockholm, took it's toll.

As for PIB, I guess it gets the crowd going but it really doesn't sound the great anymore imo. Needs to be rotated/dropped for a bit to keep it from sounding tired.

I wouldn't say Map is a rarity

It sort of is nowadays. It's in a bit of a grey area. Shame because it should be a staple.

Loved this crowd interaction :LOL::D never seen him do that before

He's done it a few times over the last few years, iirc. Sometimes he tries it and it fails, so it's less noticeable.

'Dat rockt :awesome:.

Reapers keeps getting bigger and bigger live.

Best Micro Cuts I've ever seen too, maybe best Citizen as well. First time I've seen Agitated and first Dead Star since Earls Court.

Set was pretty well paced, and Mercy was actually a real highlight. I was dreading the Uprising > Starlight > Knights encore, but Plug In Baby saved it.

I think Time Is Running Out was actually the weakest song all night, it's just a bit tired. Went down well though.

Tbh, they just about nailed it tonight.

Really? Christ.

Did it justify the £80 ticket, £20 parking, £30 petrol? Probably not.

Was it better than most Muse shows I've seen? Yes, yes, yes. Setlist isn't everything. Location, occasion and performance are king. Yesterday was absolutely amazing. It all came together beautifully.

It does look fantastic but the rain as well put me off majorly, I can't deal with mud anymore after Leeds 2013. If I had the money I probably would of went just a bit tight right now after just finishing uni last week so have no income whatsoever :(

The sound looks incredible going by some of the youtube videos

Did it justify the £80 ticket, £20 parking, £30 petrol? Probably not.

Was it better than most Muse shows I've seen? Yes, yes, yes. Setlist isn't everything. Location, occasion and performance are king. Yesterday was absolutely amazing. It all came together beautifully.

Was definitely worth the money for me. Was a great first festival experience!

Not yet!! Today is such a contrast to yesterday! A complete write off, u could say! Won't be home for another 5 hours yet, £150 worse off than I was 10 hours ago BUT yet I'm holding on to those epic memories from last night!

What happened? Bus not turn up?

What happened? Bus not turn up?

Exactly that! Too tired to be furious! I'm used to lack of sleep but my friend, Sarah was really struggling...the ultimate comedown after the high!!

Citizen and Micro were highlights but thought everything was turned up a notch to 11! Matt's voice sounded powerful from where we were!

People who are Download 'veterans', who are 'metal as fook' and listen almost exclusively to that kind of music are saying that Muse outperformed Slipknot. That doesn't get said lightly. Seriously.

Far from a Download veteran myself but have been before, and a few people have said they outperformed Rammstein too.

That, also, does not get said lightly.

Just finished using the pressure washer on my boots, that was the most mud EVER!!:D

Yesterday in one word. Incredible!!! Loved it, worth every single penny imo!

We were about 5 rows back on Matt's side and had a blast!! Brilliant setlist, first half took my breath away....just got better and better! Tbh I'm glad it "slowed down" a bit after that.... This 42 year old body couldn't take much more jumping up and down!! Chuffed we got "The Handler" debut, brilliant song!

I think the 3 of them were on top form last night and all I can say is BRING ON THE TOUR!!!!

Footnote: favourite "other" bit of the day..... Mike Patton grabbing the headphones from the security guy and shouting "terrorist alert, everybody vacate"!! Brave, but what a knob!!:LOL:

Footnote: favourite "other" bit of the day..... Mike Patton grabbing the headphones from the security guy and shouting "terrorist alert, everybody vacate"!! Brave, but what a knob!!:LOL:

I enjoyed that too, that security guard got quite a bit of love in general that day :chuckle:

Seen a fair few people saying they were in around the same area I was, I'm paranoid that I'll pop up in a video or that I've met people and not realised :shifty:

Exactly that! Too tired to be furious! I'm used to lack of sleep but my friend, Sarah was really struggling...the ultimate comedown after the high!!

Citizen and Micro were highlights but thought everything was turned up a notch to 11! Matt's voice sounded powerful from where we were!

That's really shit!

At least it was worth the hassle and expense and the bad stuff will be forgotten