Shame it wasn't one of the "replaceable" cheaper ones.

Think this is a different one though from T2L right? This one doesn't have the putty filling in it.

Yeah that's one of the newer ones he began using during the UK Psycho tour. Normally it was in his rig for the US show, but it seemed he brought it to his Europe rig...

Not gonna lie, been a good year so far for muse gigs. Manchester academy and now this! Think they may be saving defector for their own tour... I know just seeing that alone is enough for me to go. They went down so well. I was in the pit most of the time, the OoS stuff went down well, but so did all the usuals. Just a great all round atmosphere!

Really don't get why they haven't played Assassin btw. Already rehearsed, perfect for the festival...

Don't remind me :noey:

I was holding out hope to a deluded level. To the extent that I wanted to leave when MWAH started but thought 'What if they mindfuck everyone and play Assassin instead of Knights?' :facepalm:

They're not dropping the two singles from the album they're actually touring for B-sides.

Yeah I suppose you are right. Its just that I wouldn't think those songs would fit that crowd. I believe it was said it would be unique one off set list for Download therefore I didn't think they would be concerned about promoting their latest singles. But they went down well so all well that ends well

People complaining about Mercy & Dead Inside but I really needed those for a rest.

The first 8 were just relentless, absolutely fucking brutal :LOL:

Me and my mate got pretty close to the front, abandoned our barrier plans to drink lol. Still got about 7-8 rows back going in there at 6:30!

Amazing show though, best I've seen them do easily.

Didn't they say that Assassin would be played in the arena tour?

I think you're right, they said they'll play Assassin, Citizen Erased and "it's sequel".

I also think I heard something about Showbiz once on Twitter. But I probably dreamt it unless someone else can confirm :LOL:

I've been a Download goer for a little while (since 2010), opted out due to the line-up this year and just went for Saturday :D

The big thing here -

People who are Download 'veterans', who are 'metal as fook' and listen almost exclusively to that kind of music are saying that Muse outperformed Slipknot. That doesn't get said lightly. Seriously.

They were on another level last night. In my opinion, when Muse play that kind of riff-centric, rock heavy, headbanging set - there is no band in the world that even comes close to them. I've seen this band a lot, just like most people here, and I'd put that setlist right at the very, very top. Even above them playing Muscle Museum in Exeter a few months ago :stunned:

I also think Mercy is one of their best live songs right now. The Handler was huge, but Matt's mic either cut-out or he didn't bother with the aiaiaiaiaiaiaaaaaahhhh (seemed a bit of both from what I saw?), best performance of Micro Cuts ever, the punch on that New Born riff... still feeling that today... Citizen Erased.

MASSIVE shout-out to the sound guys and Download's set-up by the way, that was the best sound at a gig I think I've ever heard. My jaw dropped at the sheer brutality of the New Born riff and Micro Cuts chorus. The sheer notion of Muse not being heavy enough for Donington is flat out stupid, especially when Judas fucking Priest will be leathered up playing recycled 80's crap tonight (sorry JP fans... there are many reasons I'm not in the camp-site right now and JP are one of them :LOL: ).

Glad I didn't end up going, the setlist is decent but I'm only really jealous of Micro Cuts and Citizen Erased. Everything else (except the new Drones songs which I'm sure I'll see on the arena tour or at Bestival) I've seen pretty recently so I'm not too fussed. Obviously I'd loved to of been there but it would of cost me about £110 so fuck that

Micro Cuts looks amazing on youtube though

I also think Mercy is one of their best live songs right now. The Handler was huge, but Matt's mic either cut-out or he didn't bother with the aiaiaiaiaiaiaaaaaahhhh (seemed a bit of both from what I saw?), best performance of Micro Cuts ever, the punch on that New Born riff... still feeling that today... Citizen Erased.

Yep, I agree. It just sound great live (at least the pro-shots), so I hope they dig Resistance/Starlight and keep Mercy in their setlist, it sounds waaaaaay better. Also, nice to see all went well, and many people seem to enjoy the performance a lot. They convinced the metalheads :LOL::LOL:

Glad I didn't end up going, the setlist is decent but I'm only really jealous of Micro Cuts and Citizen Erased. Everything else (except the new Drones songs which I'm sure I'll see on the arena tour or at Bestival) I've seen pretty recently so I'm not too fussed. Obviously I'd loved to of been there but it would of cost me about £110 so fuck that

Micro Cuts looks amazing on youtube though

Did it justify the £80 ticket, £20 parking, £30 petrol? Probably not.

Was it better than most Muse shows I've seen? Yes, yes, yes. Setlist isn't everything. Location, occasion and performance are king. Yesterday was absolutely amazing. It all came together beautifully.

Yeah that was what I expected...incredible. when the opening to micro cuts started...my jaw dropped. That and agitated. It's like they went with a goal; start as heavy as possible.

I've heard a lot of; "but it went lighter and shit in the end," to which I say, this was still technically a tour gig, so they had to play 'the hits'. Not everyone at download wanted muse there or would go see them for any reason bit what they already know.

The riff on newborn was incredible. It had everyone jumping as far as I could see. I ended up about 7-8 rows back and far to the left after the pits dispersed. Could still see perfectly though.

PiB went down brilliantly. Honestly feel like that song is as immortal as Morgan Freeman. It never ages.

Handler was massive. Great debut. It'll be amazing at future gigs too. And then there's CE...

I've been 4 times. Got a rarity every time. Fury at RAH, sunburn at LG arena, Map at Emirates and I was expecting one here. Got a few. I'm a happy muser today. That should satisfy the itch until their next UK tour...