I was a few rows back unfortunately, but the crowds atmosphere was on another level. Where I was standing they all went bat shit crazy at Psycho. Was insane

And the likes of Dead Inside and Mercy went down really, really well with the crowd. Surprised. Seen so many positive comments on Twitter too

Basically, Matt had one job, and he fucking owned it

Edit: So people saying it was better than Rammstein's headliner. That really is something...

Edited by AdamCee

Wow wee!! Could of got closer but we decided on about 20 from the front! Those first 7 songs, hot damn! Best start to a set ever? I enjoy the whole thing! Matt was sounding great and were I was standing, everyone was into it and going nuts or all,especially during the encore!

True story by the way, but I turned to my friend just post agiatated and said "if they play citizen erased tonight, I'm gonna loose it big time!"...seconds later the chords rang out!! Amazing amazing night!!

Microcuts had Matt screaming all kindas of freaky!

'Dat rockt :awesome:.

Reapers keeps getting bigger and bigger live.

Best Micro Cuts I've ever seen too, maybe best Citizen as well. First time I've seen Agitated and first Dead Star since Earls Court.

Set was pretty well paced, and Mercy was actually a real highlight. I was dreading the Uprising > Starlight > Knights encore, but Plug In Baby saved it.

I think Time Is Running Out was actually the weakest song all night, it's just a bit tired. Went down well though.

Tbh, they just about nailed it tonight.

Is it true Matt fell at the beginning of the show? The article with all the photos of the show mentioned it, of which he gives a shout out to Dave Grohl. :LOL:

*pops in*

Yeah, the stage and catwalk were obviously still not dry after pretty much a whole day of rain. He charged forward during the opening chords of 'Psycho', then ended up flat on his arse as he headed back to the microphone. Kept it together though, and the shout out to Dave Grohl was a nice touch.

I may have cried a bit during 'Citizen Erased'. Apologies to those next to me I'd almost given up hope of hearing that one live again.

shame if the show wasn't recorded :eek:

since I'm new to the forum am I going to write the letters and numbers before posting anything? WTF :stunned:

The show was recorded. It's just if they do anything with it

Dead Star sounds really lame nowadays, I see they want to kind of keep it more guitary, but then why not back to the Hullabaloo style?

Really? I thought it sounded ace. I adored the jagged stutter it had.

There are few people on download festival forums that think that this was the best headline show ever.

IN YOUR FACE, all the metallers who said 'omfg why have they got an indie band headlining'

I am so annoyed that I was NOT THERE, what a set list

*pops in*

Yeah, the stage and catwalk were obviously still not dry after pretty much a whole day of rain. He charged forward during the opening chords of 'Psycho', then ended up flat on his arse as he headed back to the microphone. Kept it together though, and the shout out to Dave Grohl was a nice touch.

I may have cried a bit during 'Citizen Erased'. Apologies to those next to me I'd almost given up hope of hearing that one live again.

Might be completely wrong person but I was standing next to a girl in a warchild t-shirt who was a bit overcome during CE. Was that you? We were just really happy to be near like minded individuals so the crying was fine by me :-)

Very well chuffed that it went down well. Very reassuring to know they've still got it in them to draw in any naysayers. Kind of reminds me of Glastonbury when they headlined their first festival and then became a staple headline act after that, Very pleasantly surprised that the likes of Dead Inside and Mercy got a warm reception apparently. Still in the interest of being picky those songs could have been dropped in favour of something like Futurism, Fury, Assassin etc. I did think we were getting an all heavy set but Muse did what was required of them a that's awesome

Very well chuffed that it went down well. Very reassuring to know they've still got it in them to draw in any naysayers. Kind of reminds me of Glastonbury when they headlined their first festival and then became a staple headline act after that, Very pleasantly surprised that the likes of Dead Inside and Mercy got a warm reception apparently. Still in the interest of being picky those songs could have been dropped in favour of something like Futurism, Fury, Assassin etc. I did think we were getting an all heavy set but Muse did what was required of them a that's awesome

They're not dropping the two singles from the album they're actually touring for B-sides.

That first half absolutely killed me. Micro Cuts was so unexpected... that's been my number 1 to hear live for years :'(

I actually almost cried when I saw Matt get out the 7-string for CE.

Tbh, was expecting something else towards the end... Showbiz or Assassin in the encore would have been the cherry on the already enormous cake. It was so refreshing to see a set without Starlight though.

Hi everyone - I haven't been here for years, but I realised I needed to be surrounded by likeminded people!! I cried when they played Dead Star and Microcuts; I've been waiting so many years to hear those, pretty overcome LOL. Best live set by them I've ever seen.

Only just woke up after not getting out of the car park till 1.30am and home at 5!

Last night was great, until they started playing shit like Mercy and Dead Inside. It was a real come down to earth after such an awesome first eight songs. But even those seemed to go down well.

Riffs after NB and Stockholm sounded massive, although they could've played a tonne more of them for the occasion and still finished before the 11pm curfew.

But I've never seen a crowd loving it so much, even that Matt interview they played beforehand was cheered so loudly I couldn't hear half of it.

A lonnnnnng day slugging it around in the mud and then trying to get home, but overall, it was worth it.

I'm actually starting to get bored of CE because I've seen it 3 times, feel spoiled!

Dead Star sounded disappointingly weak...