Probably posted about it before but I'd also like to add that Dom said before and after that gig that he'd love to play it, but that they just couldn't remember how. So they're up for it, or Dom is at least.

I wouldn't put my hopes on Showbiz though, like I said it's not really a particularly 'Download' song. There's other rarities like TSP that're more likely imo. People should be asking about Assassin :(

I think we'll get "Fury", Matt was talking it up lately in interviews and saying it should of been on "Absolution" but he out voted by "the other two"....

Mozza, just found a flight leaving Glasgow at 7am Saturday, getting to East Midlands Airport for 8.25, £50 each! Might be wise to get sleep, have some comfort then take the hit (comfort wise) on the way back....

That's a decent flight time! How would you get back? There's not much to do in and around the airport though!

I think we'll get "Fury", Matt was talking it up lately in interviews and saying it should of been on "Absolution" but he out voted by "the other two"....

I know he said that on the Psycho Tour at some point iirc, haven't heard about him saying it in interviews. It's possible, it's worth remembering that just 'cause Matt really likes it doesn't mean it'll get played though. The Groove is one of his favourites as well but I don't think that'll get played, though I guess that's possible too.

I'm gonna guess that the rarities will be CE, Dead Star, Assassin, Hyper Music and TSP. Maybe Agitated/Yes Please as well.

I know he said that on the Psycho Tour at some point iirc, haven't heard about him saying it in interviews. It's possible, it's worth remembering that just 'cause Matt really likes it doesn't mean it'll get played though. The Groove is one of his favourites as well but I don't think that'll get played, though that's possible as well.

I'm gonna guess that the rarities will be CE, Dead Star, Assassin, Hyper Music and TSP. Maybe Agitated/Yes Please as well.

If I had to choose between those I'd like:

Fury

Citizen Erased

Assassin

Hyper Music

The Small Print

Yes Please

The Groove

(as I've never heard any of those)

Obviously Dead Star and Agitated would be more than welcome but I've heard those before

That's a decent flight time! How would you get back? There's not much to do in and around the airport though!

The airport open all day, sure there'd be a costa or something inside? Or at least it has somewhere you can sit if u need to put a few hours in, as a go between or whatever, guessing one of the few places that would be available 24 hrs?

Assassin >>>>>>> Citizen Erased.

Then again, I've already seen CE twice so that probably has something to do with me not being too fussed about it.

Oh I wasn't putting them in order, those were just all the ones I really wanted to see :LOL:

I know he said that on the Psycho Tour at some point iirc, haven't heard about him saying it in interviews. It's possible, it's worth remembering that just 'cause Matt really likes it doesn't mean it'll get played though. The Groove is one of his favourites as well but I don't think that'll get played, though I guess that's possible too.

He said it in a radio interview from a couple of days ago (pretty sure) making fun of Dom who out voted him for it and "The Small Print" went on the album instead...

Oh I wasn't putting them in order, those were just all the ones I really wanted to see :LOL:

Oh right, sorry, nevermind then :chuckle:

K, I'm gonna do an actual prediction set, seen as my last one was more of a 'completely unrealistic but what they should do'.

Stockholm Syndrome

Psycho

Dead Star

Supermassive Black Hole

Interlude + Hysteria

Assassin

Animals

Munich Jam

Citizen Erased

Apocalypse Please

New Born

The Handler

Time Is Running Out

Plug In Baby

Reapers

JFK + Defector

Uprising

MWAH + Knights Of Cydonia

Wanted to put Dead Inside in there 'cause I can see them playing it. If they did, just slot it where Dead Star is and move that somewhere else, 19 songs ain't impossible. Or maybe take PIB out.

Also return flights on Sunday are much more expensive than down, so probably go for the megabus in Loughborough that you suggested or perhaps we'll get back to Glasgow via Derby and Manchester...

Oh right, sorry, nevermind then :chuckle:

K, I'm gonna do an actual prediction set, seen as my last one was more of a 'completely unrealistic but what they should do'.

Stockholm Syndrome

Psycho

Dead Star

Supermassive Black Hole

Interlude + Hysteria

Assassin

Animals

Munich Jam

Citizen Erased

Apocalypse Please

New Born

The Handler

Time Is Running Out

Plug In Baby

Reapers

JFK + Defector

Uprising

Wanted to put Dead Inside in there 'cause I can see them playing it. If they did, just slot it where Dead Star is and move that somewhere else, 19 songs ain't impossible. Or maybe take PIB out.

No worries :)

Not a bad prediction that, I could see it coming true. Personally I'd prefer Bliss over PiB

Edited by Tobiiiaaas

My prediction: (mostly the same, few adjustments)

Psycho

Stockholm Syndrome

Dead Star

Map of the Problematique

Interlude + Hysteria

Animals

Assassin

Munich Jam

Citizen Erased

United States of Eurasia (just because I have this feeling they're gonna do me out of seeing AP)

New Born

The Handler

Fury

Bliss

Reapers

JFK + Defector

Uprising

The airport open all day, sure there'd be a costa or something inside? Or at least it has somewhere you can sit if u need to put a few hours in, as a go between or whatever, guessing one of the few places that would be available 24 hrs?

Yeah there's a costa in the main bit

Probably posted about it before but I'd also like to add that Dom said before and after that gig that he'd love to play it, but that they just couldn't remember how. So they're up for it, or Dom is at least.

I wouldn't put my hopes on Showbiz though, like I said it's not really a particularly 'Download' song. There's other rarities like TSP that're more likely imo. People should be asking about Assassin :(

While it's not a heavy song per se, I think if they shorted the introduction a little it's still a pretty fast-paced song, if you see what I mean. It's also not exactly a pop song so I doubt the Download crowd would have any problems :LOL:

But that's just my optimism, ofc

I think people are overestimating how metal download is, all the usuals like Map, Bliss, Starlight etc would go down well if they wanted to and there wouldn't be bottles flying over Madness

Saying that, I do reckon they are treating this as something a bit different to the rest of the festival run so am expecting a few rarities and heavier stuff to make an appearance...I'm hoping Assassin, Micro Cuts or The Small Print as well as The Handler if it hasn't already been debuted!

As a reference from a band with similar style and fan base, this is what Biffy Clyro played in 2012:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/biffy-clyro/2012/donington-park-castle-donington-england-43dfcb1b.html

I was at that, couldn't believe it when they pulled out Toys, Toys, Toys..

I guess could also look at Linkin Park when they did it (not including their Hybrid Theory set last year) for a similar not particularly heavy band http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/linkin-park/2011/donington-park-castle-donington-england-43d323eb.html