2015.05.29 - Rockavaria, Munich, Germany

L.

short summary:

+ crowd was suprisingly good within the first barrier, didn't expact that...

+ Psycho absolut best song to open, let the crowd moving instantly

+ SS as second song.. out of nowhere

+ Instrumentation was perfect, way better than in Manchester. Doms' drums and chris' bass sounding massive at the moment, still not satisfied with guitar tones...

+ Hearing Reapers another live in all its glory before hearing the album version... read on the twitter in the afternoon before the gig that the studio version isn't that satisfying

+ AP massive performance

+ NB and SS in one gig

+ All new songs are sounding way better than on the album

+- new Drum & Bass jam... Bassline is intresting but the bass was way to quiet compared to the drums

- Madness... Both `I need to love` in chest voice... horror

- Resistance needs to die

- MWAH needs to die

- lack of a new song (except JFK). They changed setlists minutes before the gig started... could have been a new song on the old setlist

and lastly: lol at the guy complaining and nearly starting to cry because they played only 1h40 instead of 2 hours...

7.5/10

-> forgot:

+ Confetti and the streamers during Mercy were perfect...

Loving this SS after Psycho thing, complete reversal of ye olde days.

I thought, holy shit what will that gig be after these two songs... Then it began raining heavily during Resistance and people started to mosh to the chorus and i knew everything was the same... :LOL:

- Madness... Both `I need to love` in chest voice... horror

- Resistance needs to die

- MWAH needs to die

- lack of a new song (except JFK). They changed setlists minutes before the gig started... could have been a new song on the old setlist

and lastly: lol at the guy complaining and nearly starting to cry because they played only 1h40 instead of 2 hours...

Won't comment on the first cause I wasn't there.

Agreed. It always feels so tacked on whenever it's played. Also note in Edmonton 2 years ago we got that song instead of Hysteria... really??? Rotating Hysteria with Resistance?

I personally love MWAH but that's just me. I'd love to see them bring back Close Encounters.

Well in their defense I think they're trying not to give too much away from the album.

That, and there are just to many Festivals in Germany this year. In my opinion the promoter for those 3 Festivals just saw an oportunity to make a lot of money (with Rock am Ring moving to another Location because the Nürburgring wanted more Money from RaR's promoter) but it hasn't worked out, because just a few People bought tickets. The line up might be better than Rock am Ring, but the Setup isn't.

I'm going to Rock im Revier, to which I bought daytickets months ago for 70€ and because of poor ticket sales, day tickets can now be bought for around 40€. (Not to mention the M&G tickets for 70€ which were on sale last week)

I could go on HOURS about this!

The UK has that problem too. THat's why Sonisphere didn't sell out completely last year. It didn't sell poorly but it sold only 33,000 instead of the usual capacity allowance of 50,000.

Madness. Not much interesting... except that both "I need to love" are in falsetto.

He's trying to preserve his voice, and it doesn't work so bad in Madness. But it's a shame he can't hit the note and preserve his voice, I think it's too much of an effort. Dead Inside, on the other hand... It sounds weird :LOL:

The stage was on a side of the stadium or im paranoid? Could swear the pitch was bigger for the RHCP and ACDC concerts.

Yes.. I.e. for the two sold out acdc gigs last week the stage was on the long side. But when not so much tickets are sold like for this festival they move the stage to this position..