Only people here seem to love The Resistance. Everywhere else I've been has had dislike.
You're on a message board for fans of the band, obviously there's gonna be people here who like it.

But it received loads of praise from all over when it was released, so not sure where you have been hanging.

You're on a message board for fans of the band, obviously there's gonna be people here who like it.

But it received loads of praise from all over when it was released, so not sure where you have been hanging.

Everywhere. People here seem to have different opinions to other fans. Such as Take a Bow. That's considered average by anyone I've met who's a fan on the Internet and in real life, but here people see it as one of Muse's best.

One review? How about social media such as YouTube comments, Reddit, Tumblr. Or other sites with ranking systems and discussions on the albums?

From what I gather, many fans are disappointed after Black Holes and Revelations. Here is the first place where I've seen it get love.

I don't think you understand what you just read. There are almost 800 user ratings on there, and the average score is 4/5.

And if you wanna talk about ranking systems: http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?t=65188

And I can assure you this place is a lot more negative than Reddit and Tumblr.

I don't think you understand what you just read. There are almost 800 user ratings on there, and the average score is 4/5.

And if you wanna talk about ranking systems: http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?t=65188

And I can assure you this place is a lot more negative than Reddit and Tumblr.

This is probably skewed considering the poll was made during the honeymoon period with The Resistance.

Survival, to the very end. I have never seen any reason not to love this song.

I Belong To You. Love TR, all the songs on it, and the bass clarinet solo in this song. No joke.

Madness/Dead Inside, because I love them and they have a sizable number of haters.

Guiding Light. (See IBTY, minus the bass clarinet solo part)

Feeling Good. Best version of that song ever recorded.

Soldier's Poem. Sounds like Queen, I love Queen, 'nuff said.

Fillip, cause it's amusing, interesting, and has a great buildup in it.

I defend Screenager though I think that one has gotten more love as time has gone on.

I love Endlessly and Thoughts of a Dying Atheist. I always liked those.

Sober and Escape are personal favorites from Showbiz for me.

I like Resistance and Guiding Light both though I do get why people don't like GL.

Explorers is my favorite track on T2L.

For BH&R I'd defend Exo-Politics. Not Soldier's Poem though haha

I've always found that Space Dementia has never gotten enough love despite the brilliant and epic piano length, and the emotion found in Matt's singing - plus I think that it is even better live than in studio. It also has elements in the quieter parts of the song that I can see are the roots of Absolution, while the epic space rock aspect branched out into BH&R and eventually absolution. I think it is a song that could begin to sum up the basis of who Muse are as performers and songwriters. It also has some raw emotional/personal elements in the lyrics that have sadly faded over the years. One of my favourite songs and it will be the first song i'll jump to defend.

I've always found that Space Dementia has never gotten enough love despite the brilliant and epic piano length, and the emotion found in Matt's singing - plus I think that it is even better live than in studio. It also has elements in the quieter parts of the song that I can see are the roots of Absolution, while the epic space rock aspect branched out into BH&R and eventually absolution. I think it is a song that could begin to sum up the basis of who Muse are as performers and songwriters. It also has some raw emotional/personal elements in the lyrics that have sadly faded over the years. One of my favourite songs and it will be the first song i'll jump to defend.

it's one of few songs i've rarely seen anyone say anything bad about tbh

Resistance is one. I agree that the 'could be wrong' bits are little bit shit, but I don't think it ruins the song. Exo-Politics and Follow Me are others that I enjoy, and think get unfair stick.

WTF??? that "could be wrong" part is THE shit easily the best moment of the whole song and the whole album. That bridge is insanely good and quite original IMO.

<3<3<<<3<3<3<3<3 always digged it, always will dig it!

I don't know if it has been said yet but:

I would defend Neutron Star Collision. To me it was a great track between TR and T2L, it proved to me after T2L that Muse, IMO, needs a producer.

I will also camp with people supporting Explorers and IBTY.

The clarinet part of IBTY. :phu:

Also, Save Me. Its not flashy but I love Matt's guitar work and Dom's most intricate drumming. Shows musicianship in all aspects.

One of my favourite parts about that song :happy:

Save Me's the most boring song they've done by quite a long way though imo.