in my opinion it's one of matt's more underrated pieces of guitar work, the chords may not be anything special but the lead work in the solo, that buildup and the final chorus imo are really quite nice

The rhythm guitar in Big Freeze reminds me of the song Kiss by Prince. It was that same clean stuttering funky feel. I remember reading that the "guitar" part in the Prince song involves a little studio trickery to make it possible though

It's too bad that Big Freeze never made it onto their tour set list.

The rhythm guitar in Big Freeze reminds me of the song Kiss by Prince. It was that same clean stuttering funky feel. I remember reading that the "guitar" part in the Prince song involves a little studio trickery to make it possible though

I'd swap it with Guiding Light (which will most likely make a return next tour.)

We should make it Kate's favourite song somehow.

Matt struggles with a Bb4 live and while he can definitely do it it would be a tough one for him to sing night in night out. Also if they took it down half a step it would sound weird

Matt struggles with a Bb4 live and while he can definitely do it it would be a tough one for him to sing night in night out. Also if they took it down half a step it would sound weird

He could go into falsetto like he used to in COD, SFA etc.

Matt is waay to lazy to sing that song. If they ever play it live, the hard parts will be in falsetto or the whole song will be half a step down. :$

Doesn't make him lazy.

No, maybe I used the wrong phrasing, but still, he could probably do it if he really wanted to, but it would be a huge strain on his voice ofc.

Anyway, two songs I would defend is, TOADA and Survival. Really love those songs.

No, maybe I used the wrong phrasing, but still, he could probably do it if he really wanted to, but it would be a huge strain on his voice ofc.

Anyway, two songs I would defend is, TOADA and Survival. Really love those songs.

You definitely did, because yes it's probably too difficult for him live, at least without changing it around a bit (or at least replacing some lines with falsetto, which would make it quite boring), but that doesn't have anything at all to do with laziness.

Damn that's a long sentence.

You definitely did, because yes it's probably too difficult for him live, at least without changing it around a bit (or at least replacing some lines with falsetto, which would make it quite boring), but that doesn't have anything at all to do with laziness.

Damn that's a long sentence.

I've always wondered how it'd sound with falsetto because the Bb4s are really what makes the chorus sound so nice to me, and I don't think it sounds as good transposed down half a step either

• 2 weeks later...

Unnatural Selection.

I have really got into this song recently! I saw it live at Perth Arena and I actually think right now over the past couple of years it's better performed live than New Born. That's a big call.

The studio version is good but seems like they held back, guitar needed to be a bit more...raw. But I see a lot of hate for this song and I don't get it. I don't think it's a ripoff of New Born as people have said on here before.

I hope it stays on the live sets to some extent as it is definitely made for the live shows. Would have made a good opener I rekon...will never happen though.

• 5 months later...

Fans tend think that the first four albums are masterpieces and the fifth and sixth are let downs. I defend the two, Resistance in particular. I believe that Resistance is on par with the first four with tracks such as United States of Eurasia, Guiding Light and Unnatural Selection. I love The 2nd Law too. It takes me a good three listens to actually enjoy any Muse song.

As for individual songs, I always defend Undisclosed Desires, Panic Station and Survival. Fans tend to see them as lesser, but I loved the 80s sound of Panic Station and the orchestral/operatic sound of Survival. Undisclosed Desires gives me the same kind of feeling as Supermassive Black Hole.