Not at all the best version of the song in any way shape or form but I didn't know where to put this lol. Was always wondering why Madness got omitted from the Mayan YT video.. now I know

[YT]

[/YT]

:stunned: yikes

Edited by Matthijs

Not at all the best version of the song in any way shape or form but I didn't know where to put this lol. Was always wondering why Madness got omitted from the Mayan YT video.. now I know

[YT]

[/YT]

:stunned: yikes

Ouch. Guess that explains why he does both of those in falsetto now.

Bloody hell. I didn't realise he had attempted the A4 after 2014. That was painful to listen to :(

I wish they'd drop the song forever now but (lead album single aside) I'm guessing it's still getting played because without those A4s it's a very simple one to sing now.

It's still getting played because it's one of the biggest hits they've had, not because it's easy to sing.

I get that we don't like it, but there's no point pretending a LOT of people don't.

Sure. I mentioned it being a lead single and I'm aware it's a huge hit for them. Not denying that. I'd say the way it's currently sang it's as close to a 'rest' moment as Matt will get, bar playing an instrumental of course.

I certainly don't dislike it, it's my favourite song from T2L. I just find it a bit redundant live now because he can't sing the (imo) best part of the song.

[quote=

I certainly don't dislike it, it's my favourite song from T2L. I just find it a bit redundant live now because he can't sing the (imo) best part of the song.

This.

Also, the most depressing thing is that he still could if he put effort into improving his voice and doing more cardio. He's 40 in the grand scheme of things, that's still pretty young to lose such an incredible voice. Now he just sounds too breathy.

Obviously it sucks that he can't sing what is arguably the "point" of the song, but that's not at all limited to Madness. And I still really enjoyed every time I saw Dead Inside despite the changes made to it, too.

And I would never argue against Matt getting in better shape before gigs, but it's likely a completely pointless dream at this point. :chuckle:

He had to change the 'Don't leave me out in the cold' as well. Even though the falsetto sounds beautiful, it's sad he will probably never belt the note live like in the studio version. He was unable to do it in 2015/16 and just sang it very weakly instead. Most of the 2nd law singles probably won't return live because of his voice.

Yeah Animals doesn't really present much of a challenge, vocally.

A little gutted we'll likely never see Follow Me again, his vocals were a real highlight of that song live. Can't see Panic Station popping up all that much in future either, lots of A4s (I think?) throughout.

Yeah Animals doesn't really present much of a challenge, vocally.

A little gutted we'll likely never see Follow Me again, his vocals were a real highlight of that song live. Can't see Panic Station popping up all that much in future either, lots of A4s (I think?) throughout.

G4s not A4s but the song is mostly exhausting because it leaves little room for breathing I think.

• 1 month later...