I've never seen that version, it's great!

I prefer the lower key as well, same with MK Ultra.

I’d totally forgotten MKU used to played half a step down :chuckle: shows how much I think about it I guess, though that has forced me to go back, watch some performances of it and kinda rediscover it. Weird feeling when something gets played so little and you forget about it, like “oh yeah, that was a song, wasn’t it?”. Sleeper banger tho.

Invincible half a step down is so weird. Reading 2006 is where it's at.

MK Ultra is one of the few Muse songs that just don't...click with me. Like, there are plenty of bad ones, but MK Ultra is just kinda there and I don't care about it at all. Same with Futurism.

I'm the same with MK Ultra, I always forget and 'rediscover' it. I do love love the song though. I always forget about Unnatural Selection as well though the studio version never really clicked with me.

Futurism has slowly crept up into my top 10 songs recently. That's another one that really benefits from being half a step down.

Edited by cyborgninja117

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MF6NR8UYAhw

Seriously though, Guiding Light stuck around for 2 tours and was rehearsed for a 3rd while this gorgeous space rock ballad with Matt’s best ever solo that was an actual single dies within 2 years

Have always wanted to see Invincible live but accepted that it's probably never coming back - mostly because even back in '08 Matt seemed to struggle with the ending even a half step down :LOL:

Invincible half a step down is so weird. Reading 2006 is where it's at.

MK Ultra is one of the few Muse songs that just don't...click with me. Like, there are plenty of bad ones, but MK Ultra is just kinda there and I don't care about it at all. Same with Futurism.

I adORE MK.

Such a good song in my opinion and the spidery main riff is amazing. That said, I was never 100% sure of it live other than that one performance that we got as a Christmas present.

Have always wanted to see Invincible live but accepted that it's probably never coming back - mostly because even back in '08 Matt seemed to struggle with the ending even a half step down :LOL:

wh-

why would you say this

Nah but in all honesty I’m p confident it’ll be back one day. It’s too ‘unobscure’ to go away forever, if that makes sense. Plus it was one of Matt’s favourites at one point iirc, one or two G#4s(?) won’t stop ‘im. In fact, the only 2 songs left on my proper bucket list that I genuinely think might stay dead at this point, bar a legit miracle, are Shine and HTAILY.

Edit: oh and maybe HCM

Edited by Jobby

Damn how I would love to hear them play this again.

with

It genuinely hurts a wee bit to say I don’t think it’ll get played again. It’s not like a Shine or HCM where it’s never been played in the first place - it had its day in the sun, it was just criminally short :( The fact it hasn’t shown up on the request voting lists so far says to me that the band aren’t fussed about it and don’t think fans are either and, sadly, I think they’re probs right tbh. It’s not like an Assassin where I can see it suddenly snowballing support either, it’s been gone for 17 years now and only a small minority have ever really clamoured for it to come back </3

I would say that despite deterioration, Matt’s chest voice today can still handle more than it could in 2008. I definitely think he could do Invincible half a step down.

Do you think he could turn his vocals around if he put himself through vocal training similar to the stuff he did before T2L?

with

Holy balls. I've never heard him go for a B4 before!

Regarding Matt's voice and a vocal teacher...I'm by no means as knowledgable as Tjet is on the matter but I reckon once you begin your decline isn't it unlikely you'll be able to return to (or even get close to) your 'peak'. The thing that bothered was me around the Drones tour was how Matt started to change the way he phrased (? not sure on the correct term) his singing, taking odd pauses as if he's trying to catch his breath. Seems like he does it on almost every song now.

Do you think he could turn his vocals around if he put himself through vocal training similar to the stuff he did before T2L?
He could probably improve parts of his singing, but age catches up to you in the end.

Holy balls. I've never heard him go for a B4 before!

Regarding Matt's voice and a vocal teacher...I'm by no means as knowledgable as Tjet is on the matter but I reckon once you begin your decline isn't it unlikely you'll be able to return to (or even get close to) your 'peak'. The thing that bothered was me around the Drones tour was how Matt started to change the way he phrased (? not sure on the correct term) his singing, taking odd pauses as if he's trying to catch his breath. Seems like he does it on almost every song now.

wh-

why would you say this

Nah but in all honesty I’m p confident it’ll be back one day. It’s too ‘unobscure’ to go away forever, if that makes sense. Plus it was one of Matt’s favourites at one point iirc, one or two G#4s(?) won’t stop ‘im.

I would say that despite deterioration, Matt’s chest voice today can still handle more than it could in 2008. I definitely think he could do Invincible half a step down.

Welp, now I'm convinced it's coming back at some point. Goddammit

Welp, now I'm convinced it's coming back at some point. Goddammit

Whisper it quitely but I think this might be the tour/era

Don’t ask why

Edit: I feel like I may have also said this for the T2L tour

Edited by Jobby

Whisper it quitely but I think this might be the tour/era

Don’t ask why

Edit: I feel like I may have also said this for the T2L tour

To be fair sonically it would fit with what we've heard on Simulation Theory so far.

I still think songs like Assassin, Agitated, Apocalypse Please etc popped up so frequently last tour because they fit with the direction of what the band were going for on Drones.

So it wouldn't surprise me to see some songs like Invincible or possibly even Sing for Absolution come up a few times on the next tour. Also think if they do bring a brass section out with them (the talk of performers makes me think they might) then Panic Station could end up a staple again as well.

I think Assassin was just ‘cos of the initial demand on the Psycho Tour that then spread over the rest of the tour and the band enjoyed the reaction of tbh, the others I’d probs agree with though.

Might explain why I have an odd amount of BH&R songs tipped for returns on this one :chuckle:

Just uploading for everyone's enjoyment audio of the best performance of Supremacy by a long way - the very first one. Matt sings the damn thing properly and he's never, ever pulled off the chorus vocal the way he does here ever again - I can't quite put a finger on what's so great about it, because he doesn't hold the notes for that long, but it has a quite unhinged vibe which I love.

>>>> https://instaud.io/2PVC <<<<

(2nd best would probs be one of the stadium tour ones with the extended intro, I dunno)