What Is Everyone's Favourite Muse Stage?

YamaMamaWho

People who can afford screens use screens.

I'm not saying any screen, but how many bands play with a big screen behind and four lights above? A stage with a hell of lights and maybe two screens at the sides could be innovative.

Well, a lot of people did before, but now, everybody seems to focus on the screens instead of lights, if they focus more on the lights could be a good move. The stages of the TR tour and the T2L tour were great. Their festival stage were more generic.

Anyway, if they play Fury sure they won't hear complains about the stage.

Well, a lot of people did before, but now, everybody seems to focus on the screens instead of lights, if they focus more on the lights could be a good move. The stages of the TR tour and the T2L tour were great. Their festival stage were more generic.

Anyway, if they play Fury sure they won't hear complains about the stage.

Muse have some of the best lighting I have ever seen and a LOT of fixtures, the reason you probably don't notice it as much is because it's designed in a way so that the visual design and lighting blend into one which I personally love :p Would be interesting to see what it looks like with less of a focus on video though :) - something I thought would look quite cool would be if they had tonnes of smaller screens above them which would move around into different formations throughout the gig, but would be more focused on lighting in terms of visuals like you said ... pretty sure I've seen someone doing this since then though , lol

Muse have some of the best lighting I have ever seen and a LOT of fixtures, the reason you probably don't notice it as much is because it's designed in a way so that the visual design and lighting blend into one which I personally love :pWould be interesting to see what it looks like with less of a focus on video though :) - something I thought would look quite cool would be if they had tonnes of smaller screens above them which would move around into different formations throughout the gig, but would be more focused on lighting in terms of visuals like you said ... pretty sure I've seen someone doing this since then though , lol

So basically like Radiohead?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmWqrGSIgIQ

I loved the lights during unsustainable, when the pyramid wasn't yet revealed, and also the way they used the lights during the pyramid reveal. So I would be really interested in a more light-focused design

I don't think I've ever seen a design that was not focussed on light to be honest; that's what has struck me at every Muse gig I've seen: the incredible light show. Even as far back as 2003 it was great (that's speaking from live gigs I've seen), and from what I have seen on the Hullabaloo disc, that was great too.

The screens are just more affordable now, and visualisations are more or less expected for a band that has done it so much like Muse. Even bands such as Sigur Rós that don't rely heavily on visuals use them, albeit that they rely more on light and atmosphere.

I don't think I've ever seen a design that was not focussed on light to be honest; that's what has struck me at every Muse gig I've seen: the incredible light show. Even as far back as 2003 it was great (that's speaking from live gigs I've seen), and from what I have seen on the Hullabaloo disc, that was great too.

The screens are just more affordable now, and visualisations are more or less expected for a band that has done it so much like Muse. Even bands such as Sigur Rós that don't rely heavily on visuals use them, albeit that they rely more on light and atmosphere.

I think the style of the performance and the music itself just lends itself really well to being presented in that sort of way - I always think it seems as if the lighting and visuals have sort of merged to make it feel as part of the song rather then something that's just accompanying it , e.g. seeing muse and greenday at the emirates last year : the production elements of muses gig merged to make it feel like one joint experience (does that make any sense, probably not..) whereas the lighting and stage for greenday just felt like it was accompanying (although obviously I know they're two different types of bands, I just thought I'd compare since I saw them both at the same venue)

and also their designs are always very lighting focussed , much more so than most other bands

Edited by museymouse

Just love this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIMQbisEwvo

The optical illusion of the stage was just great, the screens were ace (I really liked the ones for SS specifically as it almost looked like the panels were turning at some points), and the lights were really excellent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJRhKVslovk

The stage definitely had its moments, shame the stage was so small and there were no large screens off to the sides (the screens they had on the sides were too small and at too much of angle to the crowd on the floor)

For what it's worth, I loved the look of the TR stadium tour stage when I saw it but the power station stage was better looking, bigger and the runway and B-stage was much better in concept than the stupid levitating podium thing.

I'm not saying any screen, but how many bands play with a big screen behind and four lights above? A stage with a hell of lights and maybe two screens at the sides could be innovative.

So something like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T12DuMhlyVA

Even then, AM tours are the same set every night, so hardly good on that front.