but think... when coil tapped... half the output... means when untapped there's twice the power, so basically twice the power of what you need, when you need it... and dont forget, you've got a volume knob...

:awesome:

thats only if you are going to need it. i have a ka hotrails in a strat (which i presume is half a motherbucker) and i've never thought i needed more, just a single one is pretty high output.

thats only if you are going to need it. i have a ka hotrails in a strat (which i presume is half a motherbucker) and i've never thought i needed more, just a single one is pretty high output.

there we go then... all you need and more for £60 in a humbucker size...

WHAT MORE COULD YOU WANT! :awesome:

They're so hot that they don't have a lot of dynamics. You turn them down they still don't sound good. Coil tapped, I can't comment on.

You'll find out when you get yours I guess.

ive played one and it cleans up well when turned down...

must have been the (cool) version...:yesey:

ive played one and it cleans up well when turned down...

must have been the (cool) version...:yesey:

I had one in one of my guitars for over a year. Yeah, they clean up when you roll the volume off, but they don't sound good. It's not a pickup made for cleans, and there isn't a lot of clarity for distorted chords.

there we go then... all you need and more for £60 in a humbucker size...

WHAT MORE COULD YOU WANT! :awesome:

not really all you need though, great if you want to play the dead star riff, but if you want to play what ril said he'd used it for it's not really the right pickup.

Wish the blades on my GFS Power rails were compensated for string height changes. Find that I can't do small things like tapping on the G string without having the low E and high e come through louder than the actual tapping just from the shaking from when my fingers tap the strings :p

Other than that, they sound great, even for cleans.

Ah well all that has definitely put me off a motherbucker. I don't want to have to keep turning my volume down.

Kev, can you recommend any good Seymour Duncan ones that might be suitable (if you know any)? :)

I just came across this thread and the first thing that comes to mind is... second hand Bareknuckle pickups?

I have got two guitars with these pups installed and they are quite simply the best i have ever tried bar none.

Thanks for the suggestions. :) At the moment I'm looking at a Seymour Duncan SH-14, as the samples on the website sound kinda what I'm aiming for. I've also seen some vids on Youtube (one was even the same guitar with the same pickup which was useful to listen to). :)

• 2 weeks later...
hi, new here :)

Does anyone know whats goin on with the pickups in matts dual p90 kaoss manson?

Is it some kind of wierd p90 humbucker or just two soapbars sitting together??... which seems kinda pointless if musewiki is right in saying their both exactly the same???

2× Bare Knuckle BKP92s

The original plan was for them to be reverse wound reverse polarity so they could be used in series as a big humbucker. They had phase issues with them so they re wired them just in parallel. Apparently the phase problems have been taken care of now.

• 9 months later...

Hi,

I've been wanting to replace my bridge pickup for a while, since it's not very good, and I need some help to decide what pickup should I buy.

I ideally want big fat sounds with distorsion and a good clean sound. I would like to have very strong mids, and as much definition as possible (ie: I really really don't want muddy sound). I only want a replacement for the bridge pickup as I already have a Fernandes Sustainer 101 on the neck.

BareKnuclke Nailbomb is what I have been looking into. I know some people here have it on their guitars, so does it have the characteristics I'm looking for? If not, what would you recommend?

Thanks in advance.

It just so happens I am currently selling the exact pick up that you need, I'll sell you it for £100 cash in hand, ok?

Hi. I would like to buy it new, not only because I prefer it, but because I'm in Spain, so it would involve shipping, etc. But thanks for the response and offer.

So, everybody agrees with Martin in that the Nailbomb is the pickup I need?

I've always thought Guitar Rig didn't let the true sound of the guitar or the pickups for that matter through properly. Also is it really worth putting expensive pickups and a sustainer in what is in essence a starter guitar?

I've always thought Guitar Rig didn't let the true sound of the guitar or the pickups for that matter through properly. Also is it really worth putting expensive pickups and a sustainer in what is in essence a starter guitar?

I agree about Guitar Rig, and I found that Amplitube is better on that respect.

I also agree that the combo guitar-pickups isn't optimal, but the money I have isn't optimal either! Anyway my reasoning is, if I get a better guitar, I can still (and probably will) transfer the hardware, so it's not lost money. (My plan is to get something like a PRS and a decent amp in the long term, but for this year or year and a half I have more important things to spend money on).

Anyway, on topic, is Nailbomb what I'm looking for?

Archived