yeah its fine.

If i were you i honestly wouldn't bother with pickups until after you get a badass amp, especially as the ones you're after are quite expensive anyway. you might like the stock pickups!

Alright thanks. :happy:.

Now that you mention it, I doubt there'll be much difference when played through a Roland Cube 30 anyway.

Is the MQ P-90 and Warpig a good combo for the neck and bridge respectively? I'll have a little extra cash after buying my Custom Tele FMT (http://www.fender.co.uk/products//search.php?partno=0262000561) so I'll need to save up a little more to be able to afford those.

I'd also like to ask about coil taps. Is it possible to change the MQ P-90 and Warpig into single coils using the coil tap in the Custom Tele?

Coil tapping is isolating coils so the pick up has lower output, coil splitting is only using one side of a humbucker, making it a single coil.

you can coil tap bother of those pick ups and you can coil split the warpig.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking to change the bridge pick- up in my Godin Freeway Floyd. It's currently got the standard humbucker in (NHB2) and I'm interesting in getting another humbucker, though with a bit more warmth. I play mostly high- gain rock/metal though I do play a bit of Jazz as well, in case that helps anyone.

• 11 months later...

Ooh cheers trad3mark! :happy:

My pickups unfortunately do not allow coil tapping, so I'm looking to change one of them so I can get it coil tapped (probably the bridge one, I like how the neck one sounds). Can anyone recommend some good humbuckers that can be coil tapped? Preferably not too expensive. I typically play alt rock / blues so anything which would fit with that. :)

Ooh cheers trad3mark! :happy:

My pickups unfortunately do not allow coil tapping, so I'm looking to change one of them so I can get it coil tapped (probably the bridge one, I like how the neck one sounds). Can anyone recommend some good humbuckers that can be coil tapped? Preferably not too expensive. I typically play alt rock / blues so anything which would fit with that. :)

Kent Armstrong Motherbucker

:awesome:

Have you got some links with samples? Also a link where I could buy one would be nice. ;)

I'm also thinking of maybe going for something a bit heavier as I like to play QOTSA occasionally. Would it be a good pickup for that?

i wouldnt imagine the motherbucker would be a great one for your needs, it's very high output and i think quite trebly. so would lend itself well to quite a distorted sound not really the overdriven sort of queens sound. i think you might find you get better results with an alnico magnet seymour duncan or similar

i wouldnt imagine the motherbucker would be a great one for your needs, it's very high output and i think quite trebly. so would lend itself well to quite a distorted sound not really the overdriven sort of queens sound. i think you might find you get better results with an alnico magnet seymour duncan or similar

but think... when coil tapped... half the output... means when untapped there's twice the power, so basically twice the power of what you need, when you need it... and dont forget, you've got a volume knob...

:awesome:

Archived