If I look back through all the ‘perfect setlists’ I’ve done over the years, it’s amazing how little they vary on the whole, unless there’s a theme-based one.

I wouldn't presume to pick a "perfect setlist" because I'm really not that fussy. Just being less predictable is good enough. Few songs off the latest album, of course. Handful of hits. Some oldies. Try to acknowledge each album and throw in something unexpected for long-time fans. Maybe a cover specific to the site of the concert to pay tribute to the audience. The specific songs are less important than simply hitting the right notes (literally and figuratively) throughout the show.

I'm really not that fussy.

Just being less predictable is good enough. Few songs off the latest album, of course. Handful of hits. Some oldies. Try to acknowledge each album and throw in something unexpected for long-time fans. Maybe a cover specific to the site of the concert to pay tribute to the audience.

See, I would call this quite fussy :p

Very nice.

But wtf is up with the suddenly massively crunchy pre-chorus guitar chugs? They were inaudible at SBE and in the phone recordings. It feels like they massively amped them up in this mix and as a result, sound extremely incongruous.

You didn’t hear them at the show? They were defo there, less prominent though for sure (but the mix was pretty muddy at times on the night tbf)

Edited by Jobby

See, I would call this quite fussy :p

Yeah, maybe in a structural sense but not with respect to specific songs. I'd prefer some variety but I wouldn't complain that a band didn't play songs X, Y or Z. It's just a bit disappointing when you can predict 90% of the set before the tour even starts.

Again, I wasn't trying to turn THIS topic into THAT topic. Merry Christmas, Muse. Cool Christmas gift.

I just noticed Matt changed the lyrics to “it’s not so easy for me.”

Dead :'(

In the studio version he sings right that, though.

EDIT: No, wait... I've listened to the studio version just now, and I'm starting to get confused about what Matt really sings at the end of each chorus. It sounds like "Is that so easily?"... or is it "It's not so easy on me", or similar?

Edited by MartianSpaghettiRider

• 11 months later...

Huh, I guess it’s good if you’ve not got OOM but I imagine all that stuff’ll find it’s way online one way or another anyway.

2 hours ago, Timbo59 said:

It's got very different lyrics.

Funny how Matt was fixated enough on that “dead and gone” part to put in both Sunburn and Recess but never let it reach a final version.