What will become of T2L songs next tour?

Spectrum IV

Which songs will be dropped, which will stick around etc.

I'd say Madness, Panic Station and Follow Me will be mid-set live staples for the foreseeable future.

Supremacy is interesting because it's a single and good live song, but only really works in a few parts of the set. Could be encore opener, or maybe post-piano section.

Survival I think will become a semi-rarity. In fact I doubt it would be played nearly as often if they had a better closing song on T2L.

Animals will probably suffer the same fate. Sad because IMO it's their best live song since TaB.

Explorers, Save Me, Liquid State, Unsustainable and Isolated System will disappear into the cockminster's anus, never to be heard from again.

Big Freeze will pop up 10 years from now at some random festival in Japan.

Supremacy will be played at most gigs

Madness will be a staple

Panic will be played at most gigs

Survival will close the main set, staple

Follow Me will be played quite rarely

Animals will be played as much as this tour

Explorers will disappear (and thank god for that)

Big Freeze won't appear

Save Me will disappear

Liquid State will be played quite rarely

Unsustainable will disappear

Isolated System will disappear

I can see Follow Me rotating with Resistance, but with a preference towards Follow Me. I'd like to see Survival as a post-piano section song, rotated with New Born (with Space Dementia occasionally thrown in as a special treat). I can actually see Supremacy remaining fairly regular, either in the encore or 2nd/3rd in the main set. Madness will remain a staple - I can imagine it in the encore and/or becoming a bit of a b-stage moment, or just staying in a similar place to where it is now. I think Panic Station will be fairly regular, but could rotate with Map, with a leaning towards Panic Station (sadly), or even rotate with SMBH - which they've shown isn't immune to being dropped.

I hope Animals gets the occasional outing, and Liquid State's future depends on whether there are any Chris songs on the new album. If there's still a 'Chris slot' in the set, then it may occasionally be thrown in. And given Matt's form with bringing Guiding Light back for no good reason, I wouldn't entirely rule out Explorers occasionally being thrown into the piano rotation ;)

Unsustainable and Isolated System will be dropped I think with them being quite specific to this album/tour theme

I can see Follow Me rotating with Resistance

Indeed possible..

I'd like to see Survival as a post-piano section song

You'd like the biggest climax of the gig to be half way through? :LOL:

I think Panic Station will be fairly regular, but could rotate with Map, with a leaning towards Panic Station

That wouldn't make a lot of sense really, even for them. Map will be rotated like this tour but I'd say it will continue to be rotated with Hysteria / Bliss / something else.

SMBH - which they've shown isn't immune to being dropped.

When was SMBH dropped?

given Matt's form with bringing Guiding Light back for no good reason, I wouldn't entirely rule out Explorers occasionally being thrown into the piano rotation

Agreed.

Unsustainable and Isolated System will be dropped I think with them being quite specific to this album/tour theme

Agreed, though Unsustainable + Supremacy could be used as an encore opener.

Wasn't it dropped at one of the Mexico shows, or late on the N. American tour, or am I dreaming things. And re. Survival after the piano section, if they followed it with something really low key like Madness - or a B-stage section, I think it could work.

EDIT: yeah no SMBH at ACL week 2 according to setlist fm.

Edited by spotlandspy

Nah I doubt Follow Me will be rotated with such a common song. More likely we'll see a Cm/E♭ slot which is mostly FM, with the occasional Bliss/MotP.

I also fear we might see an Am slot for Hysteria/TIRO, biased towards the latter. :(

Edit: Or possibly Hysteria/LS with TIRO remaining a staple.

Discussing slots by key is a new thing

Yeah I was wondering where that came from as well. :LOL:

Though I was thinking the other day that on the stadium tour they did have a Cm slot and an Am slot for Bliss/Map and Hysteria/Resistance respectively. It was pretty misleading at Manchester when the intro of Resistance started and it sounded like Interlude so I got excited for nothing. :chuckle:

Edit: Also next tour I predict a piano version of either HTAILY, Overdue or Escape.

Supremacy is going to be an encore opener/piano slot closer.

Follow Me, Madness are going to be returning frequently. Explorers and Panic Station are still going to be played but not often.

Animals, Liquid State, Save Me, Isolated System, Unsustainable are not going to make a return.

Survival will probably close the main set or close a encore.

Though I was thinking the other day that on the stadium tour they did have a Cm slot and an Am slot for Bliss/Map and Hysteria/Resistance respectively.

Yup, pretty sure they've done that a few times. I'm thinking this will become a way to not play older songs on the next tour. "Oh we already have Follow Me, no MotP then sorry guys."

Also C rotation with GL/Explorers. Calling it right now.