Music Production Software

Liamoc123

Audacity is pretty nifty freeware....

I always avoid it for some reason, I always had the feeling it made your audio just sound crap 0.o but for recording its pretty basic, has a few effects to play with.

old version of cubase isn't that dear

well I tried audition yesterday... not really what I want...

interesting questions for someone with no experience ;)

Really... I have no experience with much to do with music... can play a lil muse on guitar and been playing piano for 12 years but it stops there! I was looking at guitar rig 3 with the pedalboard which I will definately get when I get paid. Just think MIDI's easier to work with.

Another question: Is guitar rig any good compared to actual pedals? I'm presuming that you can't beat real amps so I won't even ask about that!

Cheers for all the help guys! :D

Well soon I'll be getting a guitar USB interface and MIDI leads for my piano so I want to record and make tracks. Just need something where I can learn the basics and muck around with sounds. Prolly don't make much sense still but I don't know how else to describe it

Well if you are into torrents you can get Cubase.

Anyway you can BUY it on the internet as well so im not telling you what or how to do it but yea you cubase is the best for MIDI....people will say ''reason 4'' but then again noobs wouldn't have a clue how to use them both....at least not without many hours scratching their head and 100 tutorial videos. Im still struggling with Reason up until about a month ago.

Well soon I'll be getting a guitar USB interface and MIDI leads for my piano so I want to record and make tracks. Just need something where I can learn the basics and muck around with sounds. Prolly don't make much sense still but I don't know how else to describe it

as i already said, download reaper. its just like cubase, but its free and legal to download.

Guitar Rig 3 = Brilliant, I use it constantly and can't fault it one bit. Worth every penny if you get the pedal board. Also for the quality of the simulations it's worth every penny if you get the version without the board.

Would definately get the board. I just like the idea that it's so affordable rather than buying a few stacks and pedals. What's the effects programming like? Does it work well?

question, does reaper support midi as good as cubase??..as in, are the drum and synth samples as good?

thats not relevant, as the drum and synth sounds you will get depend on the VST instruments you use, you can use all of the ones you might use in cubase in reaper, so yeh, itll still work.

reaper has full midi sequencing and automation support. and as i said, you can use whatever VST instruments.

thats not relevant, as the drum and synth sounds you will get depend on the VST instruments you use, you can use all of the ones you might use in cubase in reaper, so yeh, itll still work.

reaper has full midi sequencing and automation support. and as i said, you can use whatever VST instruments.

how does reaper compare to cubase in terms of memory usage? im struggling with doing a lot of midi/vst stuff at once with cubase because ive only got 512 meg of RAM

how does reaper compare to cubase in terms of memory usage? im struggling with doing a lot of midi/vst stuff at once with cubase because ive only got 512 meg of RAM

itll be pretty much the same, as what will take up your ram is the sample banks of the instruments you use, and thats governed by the VST instrument rather than the DAW software. if you can, id suggest you upgrade to 1 or 2 gb... play.com sells very cheap RAM (i got 2 GB for £20 or so).

Archived