Where has my thread gone to?

maturefan

I put an expiring redirect on your thread to let you know it's been moved. You were on at the time when I did it.

I didn't see it. If you PMed me the message would stay in my inbox until I read it but if you post a message ion a thread, assume I've seen it and then move the thread, you can't be sure I've seen it. It would save you and me a lot of hassle.:)

Thanks!

Can someone please tell me if that happens next time? :rolleyes:

A good tip in these situations is to go on your profile and click "more posts by this user" or whatever it says. There you can see if your posts have been removed or just moved, then you can click on them to see where they went.

^Yes.

I didn't see it. If you PMed me the message would stay in my inbox until I read it but if you post a message ion a thread, assume I've seen it and then move the thread, you can't be sure I've seen it. It would save you and me a lot of hassle.:)

I don't always have the time to do that to every thread starter so that's why I leave a redirect. Next time, pm a mod or go through existing threads to see if your topic belongs in one.

^Yes.

I don't always have the time to do that to every thread starter so that's why I leave a redirect. Next time, pm a mod or go through existing threads to see if your topic belongs in one.

How much time have you spent answering my questions? Surely more than you would have spent PMing me? BTW my thread was about 'comedy clips.' The first couple I posted were on youtube but what If I had wanted to post a comedy clip ,say, from the BBC website, a radio programme? Should I start a new thread for 'cpmedy clips from places other than youtube?'

How much time have you spent answering my questions? Surely more than you would have spent PMing me? BTW my thread was about 'comedy clips.' The first couple I posted were on youtube but what If I had wanted to post a comedy clip ,say, from the BBC website, a radio programme? Should I start a new thread for 'cpmedy clips from places other than youtube?'

Well, I'm on my break at work so yes, I have more time to respond. YouTube is a general video thread. It wouldn't make sense to have threads like "YouTube Thread," "Videos from Other Websites," "Photobucket Videos," etc. Again, if you are not sure about a topic, ask one of us and we'll be glad to point you in the right direction.

How much time have you spent answering my questions? Surely more than you would have spent PMing me?
Not everyone NEEDS to ask why their thread was moved, because it's shown quite obviously on the board.

Why should she assume that you're going to ask when the answer is right in front of you?

Well, I'm on my break at work so yes, I have more time to respond. YouTube is a general video thread. It wouldn't make sense to have threads like "YouTube Thread," "Videos from Other Websites," "Photobucket Videos," etc. Again, if you are not sure about a topic, ask one of us and we'll be glad to point you in the right direction.

Thank you for your patience and your courtesy. I hadn't appreciated that you might be at work. I won't take up any more of your time.:)

Indeed, apologies that you couldn't find your thread but as threads are merged quite commonly it isn't usual practice to actively inform users - we tend to treat content on the board as a non-personal contribution to a common forum and organise it to keep similar content together when it seems fit, unless it's obvious a thread is about a specific personal issue.

Others above have given good advice above on how to track your posts if you do want to find them again and can't too.