Muse – Live At Rome Olympic Stadium To Be Released On DVD & Blu-Ray

KirkBot

Am I the only one who's excited for the CD/DVD release primarily because it'll be the first time they've released an official recording of Knights of Cydonia WITH the Man with a Harmonica intro? It was in the film, so I reeeally hope it's included on the CD.

That's assuming they don't completely fuck up the production on the CD. Again.

I'm quite content with my V Festival 2008 recording to be honest.

That's assuming they don't completely fuck up the production on the CD. Again.

The movie will look superb and is totally understandable they wanted a greatest hits set. But the CD is disapointing. Half of the same tracks of the DVD, they could do it much better. Hope they fix it in the future.

The movie will look superb and is totally understandable they wanted a greatest hits set. But the CD is disapointing. Half of the same tracks of the DVD, they could do it much better. Hope they fix it in the future.

I was referring to the audio quality on the H.A.A.R.P. CD compared to the DVD actually. Same on Hullabaloo actually. The live CDs rarely sound that good in my opinion. I just end up ripping the surround sound audio from the DVDs and listening to that when I want to go through those performances. All the songs that are meant to be on there plus much much better audio quality. It's what I'd do again with this anyway, but I don't actually care enough to get it.

I was referring to the audio quality on the H.A.A.R.P. CD compared to the DVD actually. Same on Hullabaloo actually. The live CDs rarely sound that good in my opinion.

The CD sounds slighty better than the DVD imo. Not sure about the Bluray, probably it has the same or even better quality, making the CD of Rome useless.

• 3 years later...

Quick question. This Blu-ray is meant to be 4K, right?

It only seems to want to display in 1080p on my TV. I've messed around with my settings everything seems set up fine. I also have The Revenant in Ultra HD and it displays in 2160p with no problems.

Suggestions?

I definitely watched 4k movies at a friend's house prior to the Rome release. Sony was putting out the movies with most of their new releases, even the silly ones like This Is the End.

I don't think the players were terribly affordable, but they were available.

It's interesting with how common 4k TVs are now that the 4k blu rays haven't really made a comeback.

Okay thanks for clearing that up. I only expected it to be 4K having see it on display in store around its time of release. Looks to me then like the band probably had it done for free so that Sony could promote their new technology.

I don't think 4K Blu-rays existed when the concert was released, iirc they started appearing around 2 years ago (or even early 2016).

A 4K digital release would have been a quite hefty file to download.

Correct. I believe that Samsung released the first 4k UHD player early in 2016 and there are a few more available now. Regular Bluray players with 4k upscaling have been around for a couple years. I suppose the concert could have possibly been viewed in 4k over a streaming service or another type of media player back in2015.

Edited by Nigel_Tufnel

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

As some, i'm looking to see this performance in 4K.

I know that a satellite broadcast in 4K has been done ( not an upscale, but a real 4K broadcast ), so the show in 4K exist.

Is there any release in 4k to be hoped in a near future ?

Thanks