Muse – Live At Rome Olympic Stadium To Be Released On DVD & Blu-Ray

KirkBot

Would love to hear the conversation between the people who chose the tracklist for the DVD when they discussed it.

I can't find one single decent reason to cut Stockholm and Unsustainable from the Rome part of the DVD, and I won't even start to comment on the CD tracklist.

It's incapability on the highest level and it's a shame when it's possible to be much better with a few changes.

this is a video with all the songs left out of the DVD

this is a video with all the songs left out of the DVD

They are too perfectionist. I think i heard a slighty mistake/too much fuzz during the beginning of LS, so naturally that song must be erased.

Could anyone give me a reason for Stockholm and Blackout?

There's no reason. It looks as if they've gone for the commercially safe option of choosing only 'hit' songs that would appeal to casual fans, but then Stockholm would surely be in that category. And by that measure, Isolated System sticks out as the odd one out.

Why spend all that effort to make a Charles, which would just look visually way more interesting than IS on a DVD, to not have him feature on the release? Makes no effing sense.

There's no reason. It looks as if they've gone for the commercially safe option of choosing only 'hit' songs that would appeal to casual fans, but then Stockholm would surely be in that category. And by that measure, Isolated System sticks out as the odd one out.

Why spend all that effort to make a Charles, which would just look visually way more interesting than IS on a DVD, to not have him feature on the release? Makes no effing sense.

Surely if they chose 'only hits', MOTP and SS would have made it given that they usually get crowds bouncing and dancing. Plus its not as if they're that obscure - MOTP was played at the Olympics so some casuals may at least recognise it.

The real odd one out is Explorers. They could've just gone straight from Dracula Mountain to Hysteria, cutting out Explorers and Interlude. IS could've been reduced to a short version like on World War Z, but whatever.

But yes, it is rather strange that Charles has been cut altogether. I'd have thought that'd be the main thing - hell, maybe even something for the fecking cover art.

EDIT: I must be so slow to have only just noticed Las Vegas is spelt as "Las Vagas" in the .mu shop. :chuckle::facepalm:

Edited by forevermusic

Surely if they chose 'only hits', MOTP and SS would have made it given that they usually get crowds bouncing and dancing. Plus its not as if they're that obscure - MOTP was played at the Olympics so some casuals may at least recognise it.

Not in the US :awesome:

Was there no intro or something? (I tuned in late)

NBC cut a number of segments from the Opening Ceremony. I guess whatever MOTP was a part of wasn't aired. I watched the whole broadcast and the only Muse song they showed was Uprising. Unless I completely missed it, which I don't think I did.

Not in the US :awesome:

NBC cut a number of segments from the Opening Ceremony. I guess whatever MOTP was a part of wasn't aired. I watched the whole broadcast and the only Muse song they showed was Uprising. Unless I completely missed it, which I don't think I did.

It was played during the little opening montage/countdown thing. Maybe that was cut or something.

It was there. And they used Uprising in some weird dance thing.

The real odd one out is Explorers. They could've just gone straight from Dracula Mountain to Hysteria, cutting out Explorers and Interlude. IS could've been reduced to a short version like on World War Z, but whatever.

But yes, it is rather strange that Charles has been cut altogether. I'd have thought that'd be the main thing - hell, maybe even something for the fecking cover art.

EDIT: I must be so slow to have only just noticed Las Vegas is spelt as "Las Vagas" in the .mu shop. :chuckle::facepalm:

That's what I'm saying: it looks deceptively like a string of hits but they haven't even done that right cos they excluded the likes of Stockholm, a crowd pleaser, but left in Isolated System.

MotP was more of a fave a few years ago. When they played it and B&H on the second night in London, the crowd was dead. Like, no movement. It reminded me of the sea of confused-looking people at Reading & Leeds during the non-singles section of OoS. I was in the so-called 'lively' standing section at this year's London gigs, but most people didn't have any idea what those songs were :stunned:

Explorers is just random considering they weren't playing it for most of the stadium tour. It made a few appearances. Unsustainable, however, is a staple and gets cut out! Exactly, I would have thought it'd be a cover shot or the highlight they'd shout about after having gone to the trouble of making a freaking robot. Maybe it's a hidden extra… but I doubt it.

Unsustainable. Maybe it's a hidden extra… but I doubt it.

No it's not. The order of the extras is Stockholm-Unsustainable, both from Las Vagas. The idea is create the illusion of the band being swallowed by the pyramid during Stockholm, then released in Unsustainable.

Not enough for cut those songs of Rome if you ask me.

No it's not. The order of the extras is Stockholm-Unsustainable, both from Las Vagas. The idea is create the illusion of the band being swallowed by the pyramid during Stockholm, then released in Unsustainable.

Not enough for cut those songs of Rome if you ask me.

I know all that, I'm saying maybe the Charles version is a hidden bonus or something. I just can't understand why they'd create something that stands out visually only to reject it from the DVD. The fan-made version from Paris that Tom K put together was great, but no pro-shot is wrong. It'll probably be the Christmas gift, lol.