Muse – Live At Rome Olympic Stadium To Be Released On DVD & Blu-Ray

KirkBot

Still has some nice songs on it though. :ninja:

Agree about the comments about it lacking that live feel for me too. Maybe I'm just missing the excessive zooming in and out and unfocusing of the old pro-shots, haha! I don't know - I still feel uncomfortable watching Matt without a guitar to be honest.

This.

But for the 'lack of live feel' i just don't care. When i want 'live feel' i go to a gig. When i see a movie i expect the best cinematography as possible, and looks like this is what we have here.

Multicams in general have been ruined for me after spending hours upon hours working on one myself, I can't help but notice all the camera changes and angles and stuff :facepalm:

Anyway

But for the 'lack of live feel' i just don't care. When i want 'live feel' i go to a gig. When i see a movie i expect the best cinematography as possible, and looks like this is what we have here.

I have to disagree, I think it's important for the film to retain the excitement of the live performance. Cinematography is great and everything but it can easily coexist with more engaging editing.

True but not in super HD, which seems to just go against the point of going to all the effort of filming a gig in 4K in the first place.

The bonus features are only on the dvd/bluray as far as i know, and the dvd/bluray is not in 4k anyways so the only 4k that you get is in the theaters

Unsustainable and SS are bonus features :erm:

They are, but not from the same gig, or even the stadium tours, which means Uns is a subpar version (at least visually.)

SS's visuals might have actually been better in the arenas, but that might be personal preference.

They are still two songs that would have been really amazing to see on the big screen.

True but not in super HD, which seems to just go against the point of going to all the effort of filming a gig in 4K in the first place.

I still think it's a baffling amount of effort for how few people are ever going to see it in 4k in the first place.

I still think it's a baffling amount of effort for how few people are ever going to see it in 4k in the first place.

But Muse has make history. They are the first band in film a gig in 4k.

Back in time, Queen were the first band in film a gig in IMAX.. Now 30 years later we can see that movie in high resolution in home.

Maybe in 10 years, home TVs will be 4K, and the Rome gig will be appreciate in all his glory.

They are, but not from the same gig, or even the stadium tours, which means Uns is a subpar version (at least visually.)

SS's visuals might have actually been better in the arenas, but that might be personal preference.

+ SS didn't have the proper Freedom outro on the arena tour.

Edited by Jobby

But Muse has make history. They are the first band in film a gig in 4k.

Back in time, Queen were the first band in film a gig in IMAX.. Now 30 years later we can see that movie in high resolution in home.

Maybe in 10 years, home TVs will be 4K, and the Rome gig will be appreciate in all his glory.

Maybe their problem is they shouldn't be so worried about "making history" and should put out something for NOW, not for the assumed people who they think will be watching it in 10 years.

+ SS didn't have the proper Freedom outro on the stadium tour.

I admit to stopping trying to watch YouTube vids around the time of the stadium tour; just was frustrating with them mostly being blocked, but the Freedom bit will be missed. Saw it myself after US in a gig, and it was amazing.

Yeah, I won't argue with that - Hullabaloo as a whole took a long time to grow on me too. It's mostly just those special moments (like probably the best recording of the Citizen Erased outro ever in surround sound) that make up for some of the rest for me, haha!

I'm quite happy with the way the new DVD seems to have been edited (based on that clip). I don't really like the editing on Hullabaloo or HAARP, and I'd rather be able to just watch the band play that having the shots flit about at seizure-inducing speeds. Also split-screen shots are terrible.