Muse – Live At Rome Olympic Stadium To Be Released On DVD & Blu-Ray

KirkBot

Jesus, how fucking dare they use Citizen Erased knowing full well it is a fans/cult favourite yet steadfastly refusing to play it all tour? :LOL:.

So they can play the line "please stop asking me to describe" when showing the director's name, Matt Askem. Word play, yo.

This looks absolutely amazing. :happy:

Blu Rays can hold 25 GB per layer

So what? The quality of the footage is higher than the dvd, might take up all the space without being the full gig.

That said, despite the setlist, this is going to look magnificent.

Yeah, I'm still excited to see it purely because of how great the production was.

So they cut Unsustainable because they changed their minds about the robot. OK, fine, I disagree but whatever. But THEN they include the acrobat? Which was already on HAARP? Duh.
Guiding Light wasn't on HAARP, though.

It seems really weird that I just don't care about this. I like The 2nd Law as an album but I just can't bring myself to care about the live performances anymore. Watched the preview to see if it would help but no such luck. :erm:

I really liked the look of the preview, it had a lot of nice shots and didn't just focus on Matt. The sound was good but it did feel a bit polished, losing a bit of that live feel. Only real problem for me was that Matt's 'acting' was really cringeworthy. I feel like the good camerawork is gonna be wasted during quite a few songs though, would've been nice to see SS, Unsustainable, USOE or even just one or two rare songs like Micro Cuts, Dead Star or RBS with camerawork like this.

I still don't understand why the discussion about "not enough disc space" is happening, when they could have removed the "bonus features" which are a lot of the cut songs anyways, and simply put on the rest of the gig... or used a 2nd disc, if that was a huge issue for some reason...

The footage does look great, but I'm afraid again that's not going to matter as much to a lot of people (like myself) who will end up just seeing it on a low end TV, or in a 2k theater.

Personally would rather have had more songs.

Artsy is a bad word. It just feels so clean and precise, and rock concerts shouldn't feel like that. The whole thing is sterile.

You mention "rock concerts", but the Rome gig didn't have much rock (especially after the cinema/DVD cuts).

What I gathered from the preview is that quality in general and shots are going to be great.

Artsy is a bad word. It just feels so clean and precise, and rock concerts shouldn't feel like that. The whole thing is sterile.

I actually really agree with this. Though I do love the look of the preview I find the whole chaos approach much more entertaining.

For example...Metallica: Live Shit, Binge and Purge had this amateur feel to it but still managed to maintain that professional camera work.

The preview looks amazing :D A great teaser – it's got me excited about how stunning it'll look, especially in cinema :awesome:. Would have been more awesome if it had more close ups of band/crowd, though, especially for an emotive song like Follow Me with singalong elements. I can live with that… the one thing I can't forgive is the irony of the year: no Unsustainable on The Unsustainable Tour DVD :LOL:

I sincerely hope the snippet of Follow Me isn't similar to the final cut because that felt static and boring.

Still has some nice songs on it though. :ninja:

Agree about the comments about it lacking that live feel for me too. Maybe I'm just missing the excessive zooming in and out and unfocusing of the old pro-shots, haha! I don't know - I still feel uncomfortable watching Matt without a guitar to be honest.