Muse – Live At Rome Olympic Stadium To Be Released On DVD & Blu-Ray

KirkBot

Was there no intro or something? (I tuned in late)

Was in our version at least - there was a countdown film that was like a flow from the source of the Thames in the Cotswolds all the way down it to the Olympic Stadium, and MOTP was used for the final piece as the film arrived into the stadium. Then again, the version of it was in a different key.

That's what I'm saying: it looks deceptively like a string of hits but they haven't even done that right cos they excluded the likes of Stockholm, a crowd pleaser, but left in Isolated System.

MotP was more of a fave a few years ago. When they played it and B&H on the second night in London, the crowd was dead. Like, no movement. It reminded me of the sea of confused-looking people at Reading & Leeds during the non-singles section of OoS. I was in the so-called 'lively' standing section at this year's London gigs, but most people didn't have any idea what those songs were :stunned:

Explorers is just random considering they weren't playing it for most of the stadium tour. It made a few appearances. Unsustainable, however, is a staple and gets cut out! Exactly, I would have thought it'd be a cover shot or the highlight they'd shout about after having gone to the trouble of making a freaking robot. Maybe it's a hidden extra… but I doubt it.

That's disappointing about the 2nd night crowd. Its also confusing - I remember the first night at the Emirates being fairly good for Bliss and Dead Star, if not quite as much as with previous appearances.

No Unsustainable but yes Explorers is just weird. I get why they may dropped SS from the Rome feature because they want a pro-shot of the pyramid closing on the arena tour but why not use New Born for that and keep Stockholm in the main feature?

Maybe that fan edit of Unsustainable from Paris will be included as an easter egg or something. Would be a strange one to do but this is Muse we're talking about :chuckle:

That's disappointing about the 2nd night crowd. Its also confusing - I remember the first night at the Emirates being fairly good for Bliss and Dead Star, if not quite as much as with previous appearances.

No Unsustainable but yes Explorers is just weird. I get why they may dropped SS from the Rome feature because they want a pro-shot of the pyramid closing on the arena tour but why not use New Born for that and keep Stockholm in the main feature?

Maybe that fan edit of Unsustainable from Paris will be included as an easter egg or something. Would be a strange one to do but this is Muse we're talking about :chuckle:

Yeah, they could have easily made this miles better but they chose a beyond mediocre set. All their most visually memorable moments have been excluded: not just Unsustainable but the giant light bulb in Blackout, too. Basically, all the standout visuals of the show have ironically been cut from the DVD. It doesn't make any sense at all – the more I think about it, the more disappointing it is, which is a shame cos it could have been as epic as the full live shows.

Yeah, they could have easily made this miles better but they chose a beyond mediocre set. All their most visually memorable moments have been excluded: not just Unsustainable but the giant light bulb in Blackout, too. Basically, all the standout visuals of the show have ironically been cut from the DVD. It doesn't make any sense at all – the more I think about it, the more disappointing it is, which is a shame cos it could have been as epic as the full live shows.

Guiding Light also had the lighbulb

I thought there was a moment in Blackout where the light bulb lady came down and shook Matt's hand, hence my surprise at it being pulled. I knew it the bulb was out for Guiding Light so it wasn't a surprise to see that, but Charles the robot is a baffling exclusion.

I know sitting for 2 hours in a cinema can be a bit uncomfortable - I went to see Thor: The Dark World and I was feeling a bit stiff by the end. But surely if its a concert movie they shouldn't be so worried about the time to have to cut shit out.

This has been discussed ad nauseum, mind, and probably will be even after any live DVD is released on the next tour.

I would presume the presence of Resistance and GL over Blackout is not helped by the fact that The Resistance Tour dvd got scrapped? Although with Blackout being on both Absolution and HAARP it makes sense not to show that again i suppose

For the same logic, PiB was in Hullabaloo, Absolution and HAARP, TIRO in Absolution and HAARP, Hysteria in Absolution and HAARP too, and FG in Hullabaloo and HAARP.

The lack of Blackout is frustrating, the song also have the cheesiest moment in humankind history when Matt and the ballerina shake hands, so i still don't understand why cut that song. Better be hidden somewhere like TOADA or CoD:mad:

Oh, and Map is in HAARP only, so no.

Yeah i know, again marketing reasons. But Guiding Light isn't a big hit neither.

The fact that Italy inspired Blackout and the gig was in Rome doesn't matter.

Still can't find something wrong with this Map

or this Unsustainable

They are ashamed of Charles. Very bad.

The really stupid thing goes back to the show itself frankly - why repeat the 2007 Wembley gigs by bringing a giant floating thing and an acrobat?

They've done it the last three tours now for Blackout, Exogenesis Pt. 1 and Guiding Light - why keep repeating the same set piece?

Albeit first with a blob, second with a shit UFO and third with a silly lightbulb.

They may not have cut them cos of anything wrong other than their lack of commercial appeal, apparently, but would their inclusion really have alienated casual fans from buying it? The staple live songs are all still there. Anyone who doesn't know those other songs can just skip them – that's the beauty of a DVD :LOL: If anything, they might have got more sales by including all the songs: old and new fans would be more likely to buy it.

When you think about it though, the casuals are more likely to buy it the more songs they've heard of are on it, and as for the non-casuals, look how many people on here or still going to see it in the cinema and buying it when it comes out anyway? Win-win for Muse really.

The issue wasn't putting songs on it for the casuals, though.

They already intentionally altered the setlist in Rome for the more casual fans, for the DVD release.

I perfectly understand shortening it for cinema, and while I was disappointed with their choices to cut, the only one that was mindblowing (and angering) was Unsustainable.

Unless, like some have assumed, they really were unhappy with how the robot looked, there's just absolutely no reason to leave it out, and either way it's inexcusable, really.

The DVD release is another issue entirely.

Why NOT leave the gig intact for it?

It's not a matter of cutting songs more people would know, they would still be there.

And having some of the cut songs on there from arena gigs seems to add insult to injury, while STILL leaving out the few nods to longer term fans.

Either they don't record all the gigs in good enough quality, or it was a random choice, I guess.

Why not Dallas?

Chris said in a interview they are using HD cameras this tour. Could be interesting know if they are keeping all the gigs or only selected ones.

I aim for Paris 2nd night and Mexico 3rd.