Eternally Missed

PlugInYorkie

I have looked and can't seem to find any threads on this amazing song so I thought I'd make one...

ETERNALLY MISSED.

Possibly one of Muse's best and most unknown bsides.

I think it's an absolute gem! Strong lyrics, great guitar and a very signature Muse feel.

It's only ever been played live once or so and is known as the "rusty one" as they forgot how to play it fully...

Matt once labeled it as one of their best songs but alas it's been forgotten...!

Anybody think it'll ever make a live comeback or have any other thoughts on the song?

If I ever meet Muse I'll definitely tell them they've gotta play it ;)

EDIT: I'll delete the post if this has been done as I don't want to upset the mods!

Edited by PlugInYorkie

He didn't exactly call it their best song. In 2002 when he had written only a handfull of songs like Apocalypse Please, Fury and Hysteria, then he thought that it's the strongest of the four and didn't think he'd come up with something better. When the production of the album was finished then they felt that the song would feel too out of place on the album and didn't include it in the final product.

Incredible song though. In my top 5. The lyrics, bass, chorus - everything is just brainmeltingly good.

He didn't exactly call it their best song. In 2002 when he had written only a handfull of songs like Apocalypse Please, Fury and Hysteria, then he thought that it's the strongest of the four and didn't think he'd come up with something better. When the production of the album was finished then they felt that the song would feel too out of place on the album and didn't include it in the final product.

Incredible song though. In my top 5. The lyrics, bass, chorus - everything is just brainmeltingly good.

I seem to remember Matt saying something along the lines of when they wrote it, they thought it was the best thing they'd ever done, but after a few plays and listens they thought it was a bit shit.

It's cool. Live versions of Rusty One are better than the studio version I think.

• 2 weeks later...