Best Bassist Poll at Radio 104.5

Channi

lol chris best bassist ever

edit: Excuse what I just said, just seen who the other contenders are; Mark Hoppus, Mike Dirnt, Pete Wentz etc. Fuck me sideways if one of them was to win this I'd cut my fingers off.

Think the only ones I'd accept are Flea and Mark Stoermer, though I didn't look in all that much detail.

Think the only ones I'd accept are Flea and Mark Stoermer, though I didn't look in all that much detail.

There are a fair few better funky bassists than Flea- Les Claypool and Tim Commerford for starters. I love Chris' playing, but he's certainly not an all-time great. (I'd accept Novoselic, but I see he's already out).

Like, I'm not expecting them to include the likes of Justin Chancellor, Peter Hook or Troy Sanders, but for crying out loud- have Incubus or The Killers ever recorded a truly great bassline?

> Includes Pete Wentz as a candidate for best bassist ever.

> Doesn't include Justin Chancellor

Cunts

Yeah, but it's the kind of competition where you don't expect him to get nominated. Dirnt's a good bassist, but like the rest of Green Day he's just devolved into doing the same thing on every damn song these days. But like I say, the kids voting on this probably wouldn't know who, say, Paul Simonon is.