first electric guitar

Ewan_fan1

Your best bet is to go to your nearest music store and try out their guitars, amps, maybe a few pedals. You'll get a feel for what everything is that way, and get more of an idea of what you want. And dont be afraid to ask the assistants, they wont laugh at you because you dont know anything about guitars. Treat them nice and they might even give you a discount!

ok :) Will keep that in mind. I agree about going to a music store. Thats way better then the internet (as in a first electric guitar).

just don't let the sales assistant try sell you something you don't need or thats not suited to you make sure you think the guitar you are buying is right for you. are you gonna be buying an amplifier at the same time you buy your guitar ?

I wouldn't pay over £130-50 for the guitar. Would perfer to have just a basic amp for now.

I think i just really need to go to a music shop to have a look around.....and being a girl, colour is important too lol

the vox amp i recommended is a pretty basic amp will give you great sounds you really don't want to be buying them cheap £40 practice amps they sound awful. try put more budget into your amp than guitar

take a look at these guitars if you bid on em instead of buy it now they can go for about £50-£65

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/UPDATED-WESLEY-METALLIC-BLUE-T-STYLE-ELECTRIC-GUITAR_W0QQitemZ290240031902QQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

yes any electric guitar will plug into that you just need a guitar lead to plug it in with they cost bout £5 from guitar store that daisy rock guitar does seem to have good specs for that price and has good tuning pegs on it (grovers) so should stay in tune

• 3 years later...

Hi everybody!

:)

I'm new here and I know that the are many other people who asked for that, but it's some years old now.. So:

I want to buy an electric guitar and I'm an absolute beginner. I'm playing the acoustic guitar for 3/4 of a year, and now I want to change to the electric guitar. I really enjoy the classical guitar music but it's my dream (since I'm a baby ;)) to play other genres as well, like rock, blues and a lot of Muse;)

I'm from Switzerland and I was in my local music store and there they told me about the schecter omen extreme 6 for 450 swiss francs. is this a good guitar for playing these genres and for its price? I have also heard about Cort and Yamaha and Ibanez (epiphone...) Which guitar would you recommend? It shouldn't be more expensive than 500 sFr. that's app. 420 euros.

Thank you very much for your help!:D

Charis

If you want to play muse, look for something with a humbucker.

99.9999% of people here will probably tell you the same thing. For your first guitar, it's all about the feel of it. Even if you've never played guitar before, go into the shop, pick up a few guitars in your price range, and sit down with them and see how they feel in your hands. Guitars really vary from one to another. I remember when I was getting my first one, I spotted a really really nice Ibanez, but I felt like the neck was too light for the body, and it just didn't feel right in my hands. I tried out a 24-fret guitar, and the extra length in the neck was something I really liked, so I went with that one.

If we were, for example, to recommend you a beginner guitar that might produce great sounds, you might get it and it would feel horrible, so you would lose some of the passion to go and learn it. The powerful muse sound will come with time, so right now, I'd recommend you get one that you enjoy playing, that you feel attached to, and your second guitar could be a mad crazy custom one, built for matt bellamy tones.

Hope that helps.

N

thank you very much for your fast answer!:happy:

I will try this, but do you know something about the schecter guitar I mentioned? I liked it quite a lot, so it could be a possibility..

and the other thing (I forgot before) is the amp. I thought about this http://www.thomann.de/de/line6_spider_iv_15.htm and the ones of roland: http://www.thomann.de/de/roland_micro_cube.htm and http://www.thomann.de/de/roland_cube15xl.htm

what would be better and how loud are 15 W? I only want to play at home, so it doesn't have to be the loudest sound but it should be a good sound when it's not loud.. Thank you very much for your help!:)

I suspect the Roland Cube will get more support on these forums. 15W is more than enough for playing in your bedroom.

Yamaha, Scheter and Ibanez are all excellent brands, so you can't really go wrong with any of those. But you never know, the Yamaha might feel nicer than the Scheter. Pop down to your local music shop and test them out. You don't have to commit to anything until you're 100% satisfied that the guitar is perfect for you.

Consider this, I'm quite short, at 165cm. I'd love to learn bass, but bass necks feel unnaturally long to me. If I do go to learn bass, I'd buy a short scale one. In my opinion, the feel of the guitar is #1. To get that muse tone, you can more than likely achieve it with effects and stuff, but all that is pointless if you don't have a guitar that feels great to play.

Archived