Trains your finger...? It obviously gets you pads on your fingers quicker but how does it train your fingers any better or different than on any other guitar?

It just makes your fingers stronger and as the neck is wider, it kind of stretches the space between your fingers, making it easier to reach bigger spaces between notes. The strings are thicker as well, which requires you to press strings with more force: so when transitioning from acoustic to electric, the whole pressing strings part is more natural.

Basically it depends on what you're willing to try. I've not really bothered with CE cos I'm awful at harmonics but yeah for standard tuning:

Supermassive Blackhole

Starlight

Sing For Absolution (especially the solo)

Fury is super easy

Exo-Politics is quite easy too as someone else mentioned

Hysteria's fine if you're happy playing it really slowly to start off with

Panic Station

And Drop D if you're willing to mess with the tuning a bit:

Dead Star

Yes Please

Uprising

and you can get away with playing Supremacy in standard tuning without it sounding awful too

It just makes your fingers stronger and as the neck is wider, it kind of stretches the space between your fingers, making it easier to reach bigger spaces between notes. The strings are thicker as well, which requires you to press strings with more force: so when transitioning from acoustic to electric, the whole pressing strings part is more natural.

I agree, but you could argue it may put someone off playing altogether because it is generally harder, whereas starting with an electric may provide more of an incentive to continue, as it's a smoother, more gentle beginning to playing.

I agree, but you could argue it may put someone off playing altogether because it is generally harder, whereas starting with an electric may provide more of an incentive to continue, as it's a smoother, more gentle beginning to playing.

I guess it depends on how interested/dedicated you are. I lost myself completely into guitar on my first day. My fingertips were shredded. Yeah, electric is easier to pick up, but I think that you have to go through some tough shit to get good.

I guess it depends on how interested/dedicated you are. I lost myself completely into guitar on my first day. My fingertips were shredded. Yeah, electric is easier to pick up, but I think that you have to go through some tough shit to get good.

I think the fact electric tends to be easier to pick up and play lends to the fact more advanced or complicated parts are played on it, because those advanced parts are physically a lot more accessible and possible than they would be on an acoustic.

Of course it's also to do with the effects typically used with electric, that also has a say in what is actually played when using one.

Songs like Starlight, Bliss, Time is Running Out and Resistance aren't too difficult as they mostly require chords. Plenty of songs from Showbiz are mostly chords too, or arpeggios. Other ones that are based around riffs that aren't too tricky are Dead Star, Yes Please, Assassin (all drop D), and Supremacy (drop A).

As for those saying that Citizen Erased is easy, the mid-section with the quiet guitar can be a bit tricky. You have to be willing to detune your low E to an A though for the main riffs of that song.

Edited by Picko

• 2 weeks later...
SMBH is probably the easiest if you don't do the live non-kaoss solos.

Since I don't have a kaoss pad, I tend to use whammy pedal (octave shifting rapidly) while soloing randomly. Very similar effect. I wonder if anyone else does that.

Since I don't have a kaoss pad, I tend to use whammy pedal (octave shifting rapidly) while soloing randomly. Very similar effect. I wonder if anyone else does that.

I used to try to make kaoss sounds with the whammy. Now I just kinda solo and use the whammy to make a RatM style solo.