So, i'm new here and i didn't know what topic i was going to choose so i took this!

Please no hate :happy:

So, i've been playing guitar about a year and few months, or so. Started practising seriously like 11 months ago, i can play easy song's like Smells like teen spirit and Holiday (by green day) i also know how to play plug in baby, but i'm still practicing! It's going great, can play at the right speed and stuff ;)

Well, any other easy muse songs? Is it true that hysteria solo is easy? People say it sound's hard, but it's easy.

And i have the worst amp and guitar. And my mom told me if i play any hard song on guitar she'll buy me a new guitar and amp, so any easy song that sounds hard? :LOL:

So, i'm new here and i didn't know what topic i was going to choose so i took this!

Please no hate :happy:

So, i've been playing guitar about a year and few months, or so. Started practising seriously like 11 months ago, i can play easy song's like Smells like teen spirit and Holiday (by green day) i also know how to play plug in baby, but i'm still practicing! It's going great, can play at the right speed and stuff ;)

Well, any other easy muse songs? Is it true that hysteria solo is easy? People say it sound's hard, but it's easy.

And i have the worst amp and guitar. And my mom told me if i play any hard song on guitar she'll buy me a new guitar and amp, so any easy song that sounds hard? :LOL:

Hysteria and Citizen Erased. Knights as well. Most of Muse's songs are pretty easy.

I've only taken up the guitar recently myself so I'm in a similar situation. From what I've tried... Dead Star, Supermassive Blackhole, Starlight, Hysteria, Fury, Assassin and Supremacy are all quite simple. Yes Please is probably the easiest I've tried so far. If you need tabs try here http://www.musewiki.org/Tablature or ultimate guitar

Edit: As for songs that sound harder than they actually are: Hysteria

Edited by Atomic Assassin

Hysteria and Citizen Erased. Knights as well. Most of Muse's songs are pretty easy.

I hardly know all Muse songs on guitar, I can play a handful, but those two are definitely not the easiest, probably near the top actually. Stuff like Guiding Light, Uprising and Soldier's Poem are way easier.

I hardly know all Muse songs on guitar, I can play a handful, but those two are definitely not the easiest, probably near the top actually. Stuff like Guiding Light, Uprising and Soldier's Poem are way easier.

Definetly not. The bassline of Hysteria may seem tricky at first, but 20-minutes of practice and you've pretty much got it. Citizen is quite easy, the only hard part it has is the quiet bridge on the bottom three strings.

Atomic Assassin's right methinks, Supermassive is probably the most simple, I'd say. Along with Starlight mebbe? The others are all pretty simple too, the chords in Dead Star can be a little fiddly at first, I suppose

Hysteria's pretty simple (unless you want to try and play the riff too, that'd be tricky for a beginner), but bits of CE definitely aren't, I still find the solo a tricky bastard to play! Knights is ok up until the riff

Definetly not. The bassline of Hysteria may seem tricky at first, but 20-minutes of practice and you've pretty much got it. Citizen is quite easy, the only hard part it has is the quiet bridge on the bottom three strings.

20 minutes eh?

But yeah, only tricky bit with CE is the quieter parts. The timing of the riff can be tricky to get too, I remember that taking me aaaaages

Yes I get that they are pretty easy, you can play them fairly easily once you've got proficient with alternative picking ect. It's just on the scale of an easy to hard Muse song, putting them near the bottom is ridiculous when stuff like Uprising is clearly massively easier. Starlight, Supermassive, TSP, Panic Station ect are all way easier too.

Knights is ok up until the riff

Really? :LOL: I think that Knights is very straightforward from start to finish. The riff isn't harder than the intro solo. :p The only tricky thing for a begginer might possibly be the tremolo picking parts.

The timing of the Citizen Erased riff can be tricky to get too, I remember that taking me aaaaages

Probably one of the first riffs I learned on guitar :LOL: each to their own I guess ;)

Yes I get that they are pretty easy, you can play them fairly easily once you've got proficient with alternative picking ect. It's just on the scale of an easy to hard Muse song, putting them near the bottom is ridiculous when stuff like Uprising is clearly massively easier. Starlight, Supermassive, TSP, Panic Station ect are all way easier too.

I still can't play neither Starlight or Supermassive properly :p In addition, I don't think that Panic Station would be easy for a beginner: the solo pattern is a bit of a bitch imho.

Oh another shout would be Bliss, it's pretty much all chords.

Really? :LOL: I think that Knights is very straightforward from start to finish. The riff isn't harder than the intro solo. :p The only tricky thing for a begginer might possibly be the tremolo picking parts.

Probably one of the first riffs I learned on guitar :LOL: each to their own I guess ;)

I still can't play neither Starlight or Supermassive properly :p In addition, I don't think that Panic Station would be easy for a beginner: the solo pattern is a bit of a bitch imho.

Faaaaaair enough then

But Hysteria is easy in relation? Agreed about KoC, that song isn't too hard, the hardest part is the picking just before the final riff. Supermassive is easy except for the solo, but that's just effects anyway.

And when I see 'easy' in this thread, I don't mean for anyone, I mean for a reasonably experienced guitar player in the first place.

But Hysteria is easy in relation? Agreed about KoC, that song isn't too hard, the hardest part is the picking just before the final riff. Supermassive is easy except for the solo, but that's just effects anyway.

And when I see 'easy' in this thread, I don't mean for anyone, I mean for a reasonably experienced guitar player in the first place.

And don't start on the acoustic in my opinion, electric guitars have more forgiving strings and thinner necks generally, they don't hurt your fingers as fast before you get the chance to build up callouses. Having said that, spanish/nylon acoustics are good for beginners, they're easier on the fingers.

And don't start on the acoustic in my opinion, electric guitars have more forgiving strings and thinner necks generally, they don't hurt your fingers as fast before you get the chance to build up callouses. Having said that, spanish/nylon acoustics are good for beginners, they're easier on the fingers.

But that's exactly why anyone should start on an acoustic, it trains your finger a lot more.

But that's exactly why anyone should start on an acoustic, it trains your finger a lot more.

Trains your finger...? It obviously gets you pads on your fingers quicker but how does it train your fingers any better or different than on any other guitar?