2013.12.13 - Allphones Arena, Sydney, Australia

EMM4K4TE

Can anyone else remember that short guitar tease from Matt before interlude and hysteria? Kind of sounded like he was about to start fury, what a troll

Also thought Fury for a split second, probably only because I was really hoping for fury to be played :LOL:

If I remember correctly, it actually sounded like he was about to start playing supermassive black hole, again...

First Muse concert, and it did not disappoint. A good (if typical) setlist, but an awesome crowd that moshed and sung their lungs out and an energetic performance from the band made it a sweet gig. I was also super stoked to get to see Butterflies and Hurricanes and Unnatural Selection, two of my favourite songs!

This show was my first Muse concert, I enjoyed it so much! I've never been to a rock concert so I didn't know what to expect in the mosh pit but it was surprisingly tame... with the exception of Knights of Cydonia where my friends and I were pushed and shoved 5 or 6 "rows" back.

The stench of marijuana was quite strong at the beginning of the night if I may say. :LOL:

Oh, dude, I'm pretty sure I was right next to you at the start of the show, if you were the one wearing that shirt! Sorry if I was one of the ones who pushed you back, I got a bit energetic during KoC. And holy fuck it stunk like weed, haha.

Can anyone else remember that short guitar tease from Matt before interlude and hysteria? Kind of sounded like he was about to start fury, what a troll

I heard that too, and I got way too excited for just a second. Sucks for Matt, if he plays one familiar note during improv he disappoints half the crowd :LOL:

Oh, dude, I'm pretty sure I was right next to you at the start of the show, if you were the one wearing that shirt! Sorry if I was one of the ones who pushed you back, I got a bit energetic during KoC. And holy fuck it stunk like weed, haha.

I picked up that smell in line at about 3-4pm. Someone was really trying to enjoy the show. :LOL: Wasn't so bad around Chris' side.

No it's fine, you can never expect to stay in one spot in a mosh pit! Everybody went crazy during that song, it was so good to be a part of it. I think Plug In Baby had the same reception.

I picked up that smell in line at about 3-4pm. Someone was really trying to enjoy the show. :LOL: Wasn't so bad around Chris' side.

Somehow I have a feeling that was the guy just after me in the line...haha. Who knows.

Man, I haven't been on this forum in ages. The gig was amazing though. Admittedly I wasn't too fond of The 2nd Law so I wasn't sure if I'd still enjoy the gig, but I did! I definitely much prefer the songs live than on record. Sad that they didn't play Map as it's my favourite live track (apart from KoC) but we got Butterflies and Hurricanes (which, funnily enough, I sort of guessed that they may play whilst talking to my friend in line that morning)!

It was a night full of gloriously dramatic singalongs. What a great crowd. I always love a good Muse crowd. Props to you all, Musers.

Matt shook my hand during Undisclosed and he looked at me with the silliest grin on his face. I wanted to burst into laughter right in front of him. It was more or less this face, but looking directly at you:

tumblr_ley8ebHheh1qzsdxs.png

Basically Muse are brilliant performers and I'll definitely always be seeing them at any opportunity I have. I feel like an idiot for doubting them now haha.

Yeah it's on all of them. I already knew about the typo, but I still bought one anyway, because I think they where the nicest actual tour shirt with the dates on it and stuff. But it is a shame. They had one job! hahaha��

Haha! Oh well! Enjoyed the concert way too much to care to be honest other than that such an awesome shirt! Can't wait for them to be back!

Whenever I think about undisclosed desires I get so irrationally mad because someone completely murdered me to get my spot as Matt walked past so I couldn't even see him walk past my section of the barrier :( what makes it worse is that my friend, who I brought along because I had a spare ticket and she was kind enough to wait in line all day with me, got to touch Matt. She knows none of their songs except SMBH.

:( why, person beside me, WHY?!?!

Whenever I think about undisclosed desires I get so irrationally mad because someone completely murdered me to get my spot as Matt walked past so I couldn't even see him walk past my section of the barrier :( what makes it worse is that my friend, who I brought along because I had a spare ticket and she was kind enough to wait in line all day with me, got to touch Matt. She knows none of their songs except SMBH.

That sucks. But if it's any consolation, I was only a few rows from the front and could only see his hat moving along, would've loved to be able to reach out. The rush forward was ridiculous. Meh UD is shit anyway

what makes it worse is that my friend, who I brought along because I had a spare ticket and she was kind enough to wait in line all day with me, got to touch Matt. She knows none of their songs except SMBH.

I can relate to this, my friend who hardly knows their music arrived later than us managed to get into the moshpit earlier than us and although we were together throughout the show she got a better view and was super close to Matt.

Oh well, these things happen. :supersad:

That sucks. But if it's any consolation, I was only a few rows from the front and could only see his hat moving along, would've loved to be able to reach out. The rush forward was ridiculous. Meh UD is shit anyway

Was only about 2 or 3 rows from the catwalk barrier on matt's side and didn't even realise matt wore a hat till i saw photos after the gig :LOL:

I really hope we don't have to wait another 3 years for another amazing night like Friday :(

Well it really depends on how long they take to record the new album, and if they do another world tour for it or shorten it at all etc. Best case scenario, they get it done and play BDO 2015 + sideshows (seems unlikely). Worst case they come back for BDO 2016 and/or end of that year. But hey, at least they are still wanting to come back here, it's a long way from everywhere and it's not the most common place for international acts to visit.

Well it really depends on how long they take to record the new album, and if they do another world tour for it or shorten it at all etc. Best case scenario, they get it done and play BDO 2015 + sideshows (seems unlikely). Worst case they come back for BDO 2016 and/or end of that year. But hey, at least they are still wanting to come back here, it's a long way from everywhere and it's not the most common place for international acts to visit.

Crossing fingers for BDO 2015. I never knew why they're so partial to BDO. Aren't we always last for world tours :(? I'm pretty sure they said they're aiming for early 2015 release for the new album, so BDO 2016 is much more likely.

• 2 weeks later...
I transcribed some of Matt's gibberish for if you want to wank over how good an audience we were :LOL:http://www.musewiki.org/Sydney_Allphones_Arena_2013_(gig)

Also if you want to hear the 'aussie aussie aussie' bit again, linky

I'm so glad the gig was recorded, in fantastic quality no less

Thank you for that! And was the gig recored?!?!? Where can i find it, I didn't think it was?! Anyway, who else is feeling slightly depressed and lost now that our gig and the whole T2L era is over and in the past? The post gig depression is still strong....:(