Sign in to follow this  
Stewez26

Triple M interview with Matt Bellamy

The 'radio voice' :LOL:

Also, he said that they tried to recreate an '80's drum sound' on Panic Station, but I don't really hear that? I'd say Guiding Light is a better example of that :p

Yeah, the drums are not exactly what stands out on Panic Station. :LOL:

Those station IDs were hilarious. :chuckle:

At least for me the drums on Painc Station are some of the best on the album, and I'd say they have a bit of an 80s sound too

I guess I mostly listen to the vocals and brass. I'll try to pay more attention next time. ;)

Yeah the drums are the highlight for me too. Since the first time I heard the album in proper quality they were the crispiest sounding thing of the whole T2L.

The musical influences are impressive. Completely agree about instrumental music and RATM's Freedom. Also liked that the interviewer brought up the guitar tech. I know it's been discussed before, but I find it just as interesting as stage elements. The perfect rock song bit - love it, and the radio voice...:LOL:

Great interview. :happy:

Anyone else struggling to hear Matt?

Yeah, the sound's really strange on this. I can hear so much background noise and other people chattering in the back. :erm:

Anyone else struggling to hear Matt?

That's because they've put him on the left channel for some reason. Try with headphones and it should be fine.

That's because they've put him on the left channel for some reason. Try with headphones and it should be fine.

It still feels weird with headphones. :LOL:

Ah, here's a better mix of the interview, but it has songs put in some places and it's missing the radio voices part that Matt does at the end of the previous one. Not sure what else it may be missing for the radio edit, don't have time to listen to it all over again.

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/triple-m-rock-news/higgos-muse-special[/soundcloud]

Huh. I used headphones and it was okay. But I did notice all the background noise which was a bit distracting.

I used earphones, it sounded clear enough for me.

Matt is randomly funny, again.

I enjoy the random funness.