Stewez26

Oh gosh :chuckle:

Do you need us to persuade them? :awesome:

I'll wait and see what happens :p this should be the least of their worries, at least I'm not going to schoolies and getting tragically drunk...

EDIT: yep, they booked it. Good god it's expensive D: my mum knows that they'll barely see me, and my dad assumes that he'll have to pick me up from a police station or a casualty ward.. Yep, they have faith in me.

Edited by sunburnt-bliss

:chuckle: booking two (maybe three......) nights sounds terrifying for me, considering I'm doing this all myself... Hopefully I can still find somewhere by the time I have money together :supersad:

If my parents were those sorts of people that would let you crash, then you totally could, but if all else fails, I'm sure I can sneak you in haha :p

If my parents were those sorts of people that would let you crash, then you totally could, but if all else fails, I'm sure I can sneak you in haha :p
haha not sure even my parents would be okay with that to be honest :p I'm avoiding even telling them that I'm queuing and meeting up with complete strangers :chuckle:

But cool, I'll hold you to that :p if not, maybe I can bribe the hotel and I'll sleep in the lobby :awesome:

haha not sure even my parents would be okay with that to be honest :p I'm avoiding even telling them that I'm queuing and meeting up with complete strangers :chuckle:

But cool, I'll hold you to that :p if not, maybe I can bribe the hotel and I'll sleep in the lobby :awesome:

I honestly don't know how my parents have been good about this so far, I'm just waiting for them to realize how out of character this is for them :p

'Wow, you're queuing early!' 'Uh... I slept here.'

Haha my parents are okay with it purely because I'm 18 and they think I can handle it! I had a friend whose parents did the same, she was never allowed to do anything even remotely exciting (she wasn't even allowed at her boyfriends house...) but as soon as she turned 18, she was being told by her mum to go to nightclubs and stuff :chuckle: Maybe something changes in their brain when we turn 18!

Haha my parents are okay with it purely because I'm 18 and they think I can handle it! I had a friend whose parents did the same, she was never allowed to do anything even remotely exciting (she wasn't even allowed at her boyfriends house...) but as soon as she turned 18, she was being told by her mum to go to nightclubs and stuff :chuckle: Maybe something changes in their brain when we turn 18!

Ha, I really hope that's the case :p

It has to be :awesome:

So, what songs should we get played for this gig?

On dec 6 2010 they were in Australia aswell (Brisbane) and they played Citizen Erased! Imagine that! I've heard that as Dom's birthday was coming up he got to pick the setlist for that gig :o

I managed to get GA tickets to the first Melbourne show through the Frontier pre-sale for me and a friend and had the intention getting GA for myself for the second show if it was announced. Unfortunately I forgot all about it yesterday and only managed to grab a seat on one of the side sections of the stage. Still, can't complain because I will be there nevertheless, and hey, perhaps I can sit back and just take it all in from a different perspective on the second night.

I have been to a number of different gigs at Rod Laver, but haven't been to a Muse show yet and I can't contain my excitement. December seems so far away though.

I've never been to a concert at Rod Laver either (I'm a Queenslander) so tell me, do you people actually get up and dance or just sit there? Last concert in Brisbane was really disappointing as the crowd were boring and sucked, which is why we're flying to Melbourne this time (plus Melbourne is much nicer than Brisvegas)

I've never been to a concert at Rod Laver either (I'm a Queenslander) so tell me, do you people actually get up and dance or just sit there? Last concert in Brisbane was really disappointing as the crowd were boring and sucked, which is why we're flying to Melbourne this time (plus Melbourne is much nicer than Brisvegas)

Good question :p I think it depends on the crowd, because I know that when Muse were here last time, the first night was crap but the second night was one of the best on the tour. So it really could be anything, but with the amazing production and (hopefully) awesome setlist, I don't think you'll have to worry about standing out :p

We got Citizen Erased and Sunburn on the first night of Melbourne in 2010 too :awesome: CE was mental, I couldn't believe how amazing it was.

OH really? That's awesome :o Hope they'll do that again then I guess ^^

I'll be dancing, just hope I don't piss off people sitting around me!

Does anyone know where band members exit the stadium? Will need to find this out as I'll be hanging around after the concert to get a sneak peak. We missed them by seconds when they exited Madison Square Garden, I was gutted :(

We got Citizen Erased and Sunburn on the first night of Melbourne in 2010 too :awesome: CE was mental, I couldn't believe how amazing it was.

I've got a floor ticket, first night. fingers & toes crossed for CE.

My completely unsubstantiated and insubstantial thought is that they know the first night is the one with all the muse members, so they are more likely to pull out the old stuff (CE, Sunburn, SS, ...Ruled by Secrecy?! ..ah who am I kidding). I don't care, just glad to be there.

My completely unsubstantiated and insubstantial thought is that they know the first night is the one with all the muse members, so they are more likely to pull out the old stuff (CE, Sunburn, SS, ...Ruled by Secrecy?! ..ah who am I kidding). I don't care, just glad to be there.
That is how it should work, but unfortunately Muse seem to favour second nights set list wise regardless :chuckle: they got the balance right for Melbourne and Sydney last time though so I'm fairly confident it will be fine for the first nights :)

They're probably not even thinking about that, they probably don't even know that they have a "second night syndrome" or what songs they played last time they were in Australia haha. according to Matt they last played Yes please and Agited like 6 or 7 years ago before Helsinki, which means, they're not really aware of their own setlist/band facts ^^,

what kind of idiots sit at a muse gig though. Seriously.

I did last time and took heaps of pictures. Got some great shots out of it. People want to enjoy a gig the way they want to. Just because you may like it one way doesn't mean everyone else has to as well.

Yeah, sounds like there were a large amount of people getting pissed off at people standing in the seats but luckily my bay were standing from SMBH onwards :awesome:

Haha, that awkward moment, when you're waiting for someone else to get up so you can. But nobody wants to be the first because of that nagging fear nobody else will follow :p

Speaking of which, I think a few are mildly irritated, having purchased seated tickets for Friday because there were no standing left. Only for a Saturday show to be announced.

this image verification every time I post is giving me the shits..

Haha, that awkward moment, when you're waiting for someone else to get up so you can. But nobody wants to be the first because of that nagging fear nobody else will follow :p

Speaking of which, I think a few are mildly irritated, having purchased seated tickets for Friday because there were no standing left. Only for a Saturday show to be announced.

this image verification every time I post is giving me the shits..

:chuckle: it was my first gig so I just assumed it was the norm to sit, but when everyone stood up naturally I followed. Loads of people sat down (or left...) at the encore break but back up again straight after they came back.

I'm getting irritated having trouble finding standing for the second night :chuckle: looks like I'll be buying off a scalper, because I want to buy it soon :(

:chuckle: it will go away soon

• 2 months later...