Matt has interview with fan

ryanp16

The paperless system worked incredibly well, and I can't understand why more bands aren't using it.

Scalpers can find loopholes, but the amount of work and effort for it, I can't see being worth it in the long run.

As I seriously doubt they would go "board only" there isn't really too good of a way to decide who "deserves" tickets and who doesn't.

The paperless thing would at least prevent 100% of them from going to scalpers.

Giving tickets to board members isn't a way to give all hardcore fans tickets, it's a way to only give tickets to hardcore fans. There's a difference. Obviously the former is quite impossible...

Stopping touts getting tickets is easy.

One named ticket per person, with photographic ID required at the door.

And tickets should be able to be cancelled if you can't go so they can be sold to the next person. It should be easy for a band as big as Muse to sort this out. But :logic:

Just seem this paperless ticket system doesn't seem perfect, even for long time fans :erm:

what is a scalper ? :$

Dude...

You're not invited to any of these gigs.

At all.

:kiss:

The paperless system worked incredibly well, and I can't understand why more bands aren't using it.

Scalpers can find loopholes, but the amount of work and effort for it, I can't see being worth it in the long run.

As I seriously doubt they would go "board only" there isn't really too good of a way to decide who "deserves" tickets and who doesn't.

The paperless thing would at least prevent 100% of them from going to scalpers.

Pretty much, Radiohead used it last year and as a result, no scalpers at all.

I think they went board-only in the past (SBE 2006 I think, at least. But iirc those were free tickets), and as Simon said it's the only way (with a paperless ticket system) to ensure that 100% of the tickets go to hardcore fans.

How...? Different systems between US and Italy, I assume.

Floor was paperless, seats were papered. Of course seats went instantly to tout sites and I saw a fuckload of people requesting that they walk people into the gig for paperless.

Floor was paperless, seats were papered. Of course seats went instantly to tout sites and I saw a fuckload of people requesting that they walk people into the gig for paperless.

This is what I've been seeing for some paperless gigs, too, but in the long run, it does burn a ticket, and you're only getting a few people in per scalper/employee, and it is something that could be fixed with a few tweaks.

The board thing could work somewhat alright if you just have to be signed up. It's not everyone's cup of tea to post in places like this, and it's not a very good test of how "hardcore" of a fan you are.