Matt has interview with fan

ryanp16

We're just trying to seperate the weak ones from the herd so they can be sent out for slaughter. Imagine the amount of "OH MY FUCKING GOD BELLAMY YOU ARE A GOD AND I WANT TO BANG YOU AND HAVE YOUR BABIES AND YOU'RE A GENIUS AND YOU UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING ABOUT SCIENCE, POLITICS AND CONSPIRACIES I LOVE YOU SO MUCH MAN" posts we would have around here if we didn't keep that shit out. :awesome:

This, so much :LOL: It's a good forum because there's little fangirling around.

I got it, but I still think it's not fair.

Just like it's not fair that tickets sell out and everyone can't go to gigs.

And just like it's not fair that ticket prices are too high for everyone to afford.

And just like it's not fair that some people can't see early Muse gigs because they weren't fans/weren't born at the time.

Not the people that press "like". :p But all the people in all the little groups and whatnot. Some are on here too obviously, but a lot of them fled from here because y'all are so mean. :phu:

And I'm gonna say "it's not fair" because I will never be able to go to any of these intimate gigs anyway because they probably won't be in the US. :mad:

Yeah I know, didn't you see the second part of my post? :noey: I've seen a lot of those FB groups and tbh most of them are really, really dumb. Not to mention ignorant, narrow-minded and childish. The keyboard wars that go on because someone doesn't like the other persons favourite band are ridiculous. (As opposed to our important arguments whether Matt sang "I'm" or "You're")

There are some ways to sell those tickets in a good way. but none of them will satisfy everyone. sadly.

I think a ticket with your personal name on it and just need to show your ID at the door is good.

Went to a gig that they used this, and it was very strict. they checked every name and ID very well. if they doubted something, that person didn't get their wristband.

Also to sell all these to boardmembers, is a good way. not all the diehard fans might can get them, but a lot of them will. but then also it will be hard, if they don't put a limit on when you registered here. i'm not that long of a member of the forum, as you can see. i never really was a forum person. a lot of people aren't/aren't anymore because of social media. for example, the sale starts in April 2014, then it's maybe good to say no one that registered after april 2013 can access the sale. not the best, but still okay to not get all the scalpers in.

But i think it might end up with a pre-sale for boardmember/muse.mu members. or a kind of lottery maybe like they did with the arena tour (which wasn't really that great of idea, but got my tickets through that so no real complaints here)

Just like it's not fair that tickets sell out and everyone can't go to gigs.

And just like it's not fair that ticket prices are too high for everyone to afford.

And just like it's not fair that some people can't see early Muse gigs because they weren't fans/weren't born at the time.

Tickets didn't sell out so fast. Of course, you can't wait a month to buy them, but a week at least.

If you want to go to a concert, you save money.

So, shouldn't we have the chance to listen to an 'old style' concert at least once in our life?

I know there isn't a way to satisfy everyone, but knowing that maybe I won't see a concert like those just because I didn't signed in before, pisses me off.

Edited by Jodys

So, shouldn't we have the chance to listened to an 'old style' concert at least once in our life?

No. It's not your right to be able to attend a gig.

There are so many scenarios I could make up for this. And btw, the first example I gave in the last post, what makes you assume it only applies to Muse gigs?

But hey lets do another one. Muse are doing a oneoff small gig in England, announcement 30 minutes before the gig starts. Is it unfair that you don't live in England, close enough to get to the gig in time?

No. It's not your right to be able to attend a gig.

There are so many scenarios I could make up for this. And btw, the first example I gave in the last post, what makes you assume it only applies to Muse gigs?

But hey lets do another one. Muse are doing a oneoff small gig in England, announcement 30 minutes before the gig starts. Is it unfair that you don't live in England, close enough to get to the gig in time?

I really hope you're kidding.

Anyway, of course it doesn't, but gigs that sold out in few minutes are few and yes, it's not fair.

I guess I'd think Muse wanted to give some kind of gift to English fans. But I don't think you get what means not to be able to go to a gig just because of a stupid date. We're not talking about distance, but about a way of choosing which fans deserve to go to these gigs.

Edited by Jodys

I'm not completely sold that fangirling is any worse than the three arguments this board has on repeat all the time, anyways...

Some of those "fangirls" might enjoy the gig more than some of the cynical "older" fans, too. :phu:

It is.

And depending on the gig, maybe.

We're just trying to seperate the weak ones from the herd so they can be sent out for slaughter. Imagine the amount of "OH MY FUCKING GOD BELLAMY YOU ARE A GOD AND I WANT TO BANG YOU AND HAVE YOUR BABIES AND YOU'RE A GENIUS AND YOU UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING ABOUT SCIENCE, POLITICS AND CONSPIRACIES I LOVE YOU SO MUCH MAN" posts we would have around here if we didn't keep that shit out. :awesome:

Wow you're so right! You're providing a valuable service here actually. I'll put a check I'm thesis today! :awesome:

I didn't mean to argue, I just don't understand why old fans think they deserve more than new ones, but it doesn't matter.

I completely understand what you mean and I agree that there are a lot of long time fans who have that attitude. Not all of them are like that though.

It's difficult to not get excited at the thought of small gigs but since nothing is confirmed we shouldn't get too upset or anything.:)

I really hope ill be able to attend these 'not-yet-existent' gigs in the future.I should start saving money right away. My last trip to Emirates almost ruined my poor student account. :LOL::LOL: I think that they should do some pop-quiz among the people on boards that would decide whether someone is or isn't a hardcore fan.

The info about the new album sounds very good. I wonder if it might actually sound like their old stuff, even though it sounds doubtful .

oh, also, Thanks so much for the translation Fabri.

I completely understand what you mean and I agree that there are a lot of long time fans who have that attitude. Not all of them are like that though.

It's difficult to not get excited at the thought of small gigs but since nothing is confirmed we shouldn't get too upset or anything.:)

Oh God, thank you! But you're right. Then no one here can decide how to choose fans.

There is no perfect way to choose fans. There will always be people who can't go for many reasons other than join date (not that they're even using that system in the first place).

And unless it's something like the Reading broadcast where they nearly promised to show the whole thing and then didn't you can't really act entitled about going to a gig.

you can't really act entitled about going to a gig.

I guess im fangirling too much. I get soo excited with every interview. :LOL::LOL: Silly me. Although I hope to be able to attend those gigs, that may not even happen. :LOL:

Tickets didn't sell out so fast. Of course, you can't wait a month to buy them, but a week at least.

If you want to go to a concert, you save money.

So, shouldn't we have the chance to listen to an 'old style' concert at least once in our life?

I know there isn't a way to satisfy everyone, but knowing that maybe I won't see a concert like those just because I didn't signed in before, pisses me off.

You're cute :happy: