What is the Heaviest muse song ?

The2ndwub

I'm not sure I consider Fury that heavy, at least not as far as the guitar goes apart from the breakdowns.

Having listened to Yes Please recently though, I absolutely agree. Chris' influence from Novoselic clearly coming out there.

Maybe not heavy guitars, heavy bass

Yes please is mental, I often get the riff mixed up with dead star it's similar

Maybe not heavy guitars, heavy bass

Yes please is mental, I often get the riff mixed up with dead star it's similar

True, I'm with you on the bass. I just feel that the likes of The Small Print are heavier, as the guitar also contributes a lot of crunch on those.

• 2 months later...
I dunno, it's heavy, but not in terms of riffs or anything. It's not like the heavy you can headbang or party to, because it's literally just random distortion.

It's not about headbanging or partying only. The sounds are heavy. They go really deep and dark. How they were playing around the couple of accords. Gradually increasing the amount of musical accompaniment. And finally, it sounds just like the process of expansion of the Universe. Like you can feel it. As heavy and... Fatal they are.

It's not about headbanging or partying only. The sounds are heavy. They go really deep and dark. How they were playing around the couple of accords. Gradually increasing the amount of musical accompaniment. And finally, it sounds just like the process of expansion of the Universe. Like you can feel it. As heavy and... Fatal they are.

Still, at its heaviest it doesn't get "worse" than something like Dead Star or Stockholm Syndrome.

Can you stop being Shakespeare and speak proper, modern English?

Can you stop being Shakespeare and speak proper, modern English?

I am not trying to be Shakespeare!))) I just couldn't find other words to fully explain what it feels like. Sounds heavy. Gradually growing heavier towards the end. And this contrast or, as it happens gradually, development only increases the feeling of its fatality and... Greatness? It's not a right word. I'd say it feels monumental.

I dunno, it's heavy, but not in terms of riffs or anything. It's not like the heavy you can headbang or party to, because it's literally just random distortion.

I wish they'd do that more, perhaps as an intro with piano and segue into a big riff (it'd mix up the piano-to-guitar thing a little). Its use in ConScience actually reminds me somewhat of Gently by Slipknot, at least the opening of that song before the punishing noise descends on you.