What is the Heaviest muse song ?

The2ndwub

Ruled By Secrecy.

No joke. Heaviest thing I have ever seen live. It actually hurt my head.

Otherwise, Dead Star Dead Star Dead Star Dead Star Dead Star. Nothing gets close. The mixing on Stockholm just isn't beefy enough, some of the 2004 live versions are brutal though. Survival is right up there too.

From what I've seen, Ruled By Secrecy's bass, if loud enough, has more power live than Sunburn's.

Yeah that I can understand definitely.

Live. RBS live. At Earls Court. Was so so SO fucking heavy.

Yeah I got it, and I know I can't really judge since I've never seen it live, but still...

I'll reserve my judgement from when (:supersad:) I hear it live. It will have to destroy my eardrums to be heavier than DS in Turin though :phu:

Edited by fabripav

On the topic of Earl's Court, how was the Micro Cuts slowdown outro in terms of heaviness?

The best I've ever heard it. In fact, that was the best encore I've ever seen in my life - bar none.

Dead Star straight into MC with the slowed down, extended outro. Just insane.

The bass in Sunburn when it kicks in is heavy heavy too.

I don't see how RBS can be heavier than Dead Star though...

The thing with RBS live is how it starts off really quiet and then just explodes in volume. Kinda like Animals, but more dramatic.

(inb4 glorious sucks)

Or in other words:

inb4 Clunge is really fucking wrong

The thing with RBS live is how it starts of really quiet and then just explodes in volume. Kinda like Animals, but more dramatic.

I really don't think Animals should have a dramatic volume change at all. I think it would be a lot better if it were loud>louder instead of soft>louder. It doesn't really have the atmosphere of RBS to warrant being so quiet. I'd apply the same to B&H.

I really don't think Animals should have a dramatic volume change at all. I think it would be a lot better if it were loud>louder instead of soft>louder. It doesn't really have the atmosphere of RBS to warrant being so quiet. I'd apply the same to B&H.

It works for Butterflies imho. Not so much for Animals, no.

It was a bit too quiet when I saw it. I liked the full sound of the softer parts from the Abso tour performances.

I do think it's a tad too quiet, but it's not annoyingly quiet like Animals. Not the times I've seen it anyway.

I think the problem is that certain parts of Muse's set are made inexplicably heavy (and thus awesome) but others aren't that could really do with it.

The Animals outro sounds massive - why not make some other guitar parts that loud and heavy?

I do think it's a tad too quiet, but it's not annoyingly quiet like Animals. Not the times I've seen it anyway.

Oh yeah it's not as bad as Animals but it's a small thing that would've made it a bit better. Animals should just stay with a more constnant volume like on record.

I think the problem is that certain parts of Muse's set are made inexplicably heavy (and thus awesome) but others aren't that could really do with it.

The Animals outro sounds massive - why not make some other guitar parts that loud and heavy?

It's part of their mission to always compromise on stuff.

Oh yeah it's not as bad as Animals but it's a small thing that would've made it a bit better. Animals should just stay with a more constnant volume like on record.

Still, it's a pretty badass moment when the guitar kicks in right before "Change everything you are".

I really don't think Animals would benefit being louder before the ending. It's played how it should be played. It's supposed to be mellow for the main part. The only problem is that people talk through it.

Mellow doesn't mean quiet though. It's already going to be a lower volume due to clean instruments and lighter playing. The fact they make it so quiet causes people to tune out and talk.