"€69 for listening to Muse on tape" - Technician talking about the Werchter gig

WeirdF

I was thinking the same thing. Also after watching pretty much every live video on youtube for the past decade there's so many subtle variations and improvs matt does with songs live both in guitar and vocal that comes across matched exactly to how he's performing. Its completely bs that they use play back. Obviously they use tracks for synths and orchestras and all the electronics and stuff duh. But thats it. And theres definitely no use of multi tracked guitars like the article is saying. Like I said too many random variations improvisations that are different each performance that itd be impossible to have it tracked.

Maybe they have extra guitar tracks etc for beefy riffs to make parts sound bigger. I wouldn't be surprised. See how over produced and polished the live show has been since bh&r.

I can't think of any parts where they'd need to layer some pre-recorded guitar parts in songs? I mean, with Bellamy's rig he can blend different amp tones and all so surely if he wanted a beefy tone he could just rely on that? Really he could just rely on one!

Vocals they do, unless they were added in afterwards, like on HAARP in SMBH they add "ahhhh"s in the chorus, and also another synth kinda thing

I can't think of any parts where they'd need to layer some pre-recorded guitar parts in songs? I mean, with Bellamy's rig he can blend different amp tones and all so surely if he wanted a beefy tone he could just rely on that? Really he could just rely on one!

Vocals they do, unless they were added in afterwards, like on HAARP in SMBH they add "ahhhh"s in the chorus, and also another synth kinda thing

Morgan Dom and Chris also sing on SMBH live as well as Matt obviously. I don't think any of that is tracks. I would understand the drum trigger thing and the obvious electronics, synths and orchestras, but I've just seen too much live Muse and watched at an analytic level (especially when tabbing live improvs to songs) that theres just no way its fake.

The fucking cunt in the article wrote something about it being impossible to run across stage while playing a riff and I think he does that now in Plug in Baby? As well as the spins. And its obviously legit because its an easy riff. Maybe its time the masses just realized hey Muse actually has world class musicians as opposed to other bands out there loaded full of mediocre instrumentalists.

Morgan Dom and Chris also sing on SMBH live as well as Matt obviously. I don't think any of that is tracks. I would understand the drum trigger thing and the obvious electronics, synths and orchestras, but I've just seen too much live Muse and watched at an analytic level (especially when tabbing live improvs to songs) that theres just no way its fake.

The fucking cunt in the article wrote something about it being impossible to run across stage while playing a riff and I think he does that now in Plug in Baby? As well as the spins. And its obviously legit because its an easy riff. Maybe its time the masses just realized hey Muse actually has world class musicians as opposed to other bands out there loaded full of mediocre instrumentalists.

Nono it is Matt's voice, 100% without doubt. Dom does the "into the supermassive", chris does the glacier bit with Morgan. They may be layered as well, but "ooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhh ahhhhhh" is matt then after the ahhh on HAARP there's another fainter "ahhhh" that is him but not him if you get what I mean

basically yes, vocals are added on a little, at least in post.

Of course electronics and some drum triggers for a bigger sound are involved, but as you said that's understandable. I still doubt that Morgan does as much as they imply

Nono it is Matt's voice, 100% without doubt. Dom does the "into the supermassive", chris does the glacier bit with Morgan. They may be layered as well, but "ooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhh ahhhhhh" is matt then after the ahhh on HAARP there's another fainter "ahhhh" that is him but not him if you get what I mean

basically yes, vocals are added on a little, at least in post.

Of course electronics and some drum triggers for a bigger sound are involved, but as you said that's understandable. I still doubt that Morgan does as much as they imply

Oh I know Morgan doesn't do THAT much I've seen him mime a bit even lol. Seems like he played alot more on the last two tours but then again those songs weren't really as complex as some of the stuff now.