The Scariest Muse Songs

TheRD101Person

• 1 month later...

I would say Micro Cuts. Spiral Static.

Lyrics are just amazing. You cannot really identify a topic of micro cuts. Like many other their songs. But what this song actually does with its sounding, it transmits the emotion, the feeling of insanity.And lyrics just deepen this feeling.

As I really FEEL broken inside while he's singing this line in Spiral Static. Both of these songs are in my favs...

And yes, Ruled by Secrecy sounds creepy. Especially at the beginning.

Oh! Almost forgotten! Panic Station. This song really scares me. It horrifies me that Muse create stuff like this.

Edited by SpiralStatic1

Isolated System in a way too...

Isolated System is the epitet of hopelessness, although it's not scary. I sometimes listen to it when I'm down.

Bliss' chorus lyrics are a bit creepy (as is some other obsessive piece of lyrics... Hysteria, Endlessly?). I think everything scary was mentioned here already.

Mate, don't go there (although you're right). That argument's been running on a loop on the Album 7 thread. Any chance you could give us a good example of Lustmord? Haven't heard any of their stuff.

I know, it's just so annoying :chuckle: Try this:

. It's hard to find individual tracks on youtube, so this will have to do. It's the first one on the playlist, anyway.

I know, it's just so annoying :chuckle: Try this:
. It's hard to find individual tracks on youtube, so this will have to do. It's the first one on the playlist, anyway.

The worst thing is someone tried to move it onto subject matter and stuff, which really interested me and then everyone went "well they shouldn't do space stuff because that's not gonna happen in the real world" and went back to demanding some more rock songs, some more electronic stuff, a bit more piano...

That almost reminds me of the opening of Sky Burial by Inter Arma (I've only made it 6mins in so far, it just churns and snarls so much I'm not entirely sure what's going on. This is pretty impressive though. Not sure if I'd call it scary- (that fucking muezzin screech thing starts) aaargh! :eek:

Not saying I'd want Muse to necessarily go down that route, but reading Neuromancer again I thought it'd be pretty cool if they could do something vaguely ambient, themed around the Hosaka setting in that book- all dingy neon, Bladerunner country. Make it sub-bassy but rather scuzzy-sounding as well, with occasional spiky guitar parts with a far Eastern flavour, and then have it explode into a really fast, aggressive piece serving as a chase scene or something.

Edited by Alec.

The worst thing is someone tried to move it onto subject matter and stuff, which really interested me and then everyone went "well they shouldn't do space stuff because that's not gonna happen in the real world" and went back to demanding some more rock songs, some more electronic stuff, a bit more piano...

That almost reminds me of the opening of Sky Burial by Inter Arma (I've only made it 6mins in so far, it just churns and snarls so much I'm not entirely sure what's going on. This is pretty impressive though. Not sure if I'd call it scary- (that fucking muezzin screech thing starts) aaargh! :eek:

Not saying I'd want Muse to necessarily go down that route, but reading Neuromancer again I thought it'd be pretty cool if they could do something vaguely ambient, themed around the Hosaka setting in that book- all dingy neon, Bladerunner country. Make it sub-bassy but rather scuzzy-sounding as well, with occasional spiky guitar parts with a far Eastern flavour, and then have it explode into a really fast, aggressive piece serving as a chase scene or something.

Didn't see that. What the hell :LOL:

It's good stuff though. Basically the founder of Dark Ambient. Anyway, I don't think I've ever found music to be scary, but it can be very unsettling and even a bit disturbing.

I'd love to see them make a darker album with ambient layerings. Could be damn awesome.

I'd love to see them make a darker album with ambient layerings. Could be damn awesome.

That's the kind of music that plays in my head when reading Neuromancer and Count Zero. Thoroughly recommend them. If nothing else, I'd like to hear someone attempt to actually create "Zion dub" (space-Rastas play an important part in the plot, and damned if they aren't one of the best ideas anyone's had in sci-fi.

Gonna have to dig out some more Lustmord, clearly :)

Edited by Alec.